Naked Kang!!!!
View attachment 1477651
Jesus....this was a bit of a pain. It's about to be done!!! Yaya.

Nice looking dark quarters. I fucking love properly cooked those. No weirdos is my number one rule. Crispy skin is number two. I fucking tattoo the skin on sometimes...it becomes one. Sometimes I take it off as well.. either way is bomb if it's done right.

So how you liking your grill their partner? Is it everything you wanted it to be?
Oh yea! This thing rules! I figured out if I put the chicken in the middle, with only the outside burners on medium, lid closed, you get kind of a convection thing going on and it sorta fries the chicken in its own fat. Took about 45 minutes, temp was running around 450. The low profile lid on this thing, and it’s shape really help keep the heat where you want it.
the skin had a nice crunch to it, with nice juicy meat….I pulled the chicken off with an internal temp of about 185….which I think is about perfect for dark meat.

That’s my magic dark meat number. Gotta get it up there for all that connective tissues and chicken weirdos to melting. It’s fucking bonkers how night and day different it is. I’ve had two fucking idiots tell me they don’t like dark meat. Haha. I said “Oh yes you do”…kinda like an asshole, because I knew I was right. It turns out that lots of people have been lied to about dark meat, because their families and whatnot where they have had it, have no idea what they are doing. The number one rule is a deal breaker. No fucking weirdos. This is why I’ve been such a huge fan of spatchcocking and slicing deep gashes. You gotta score with the chicks…it’s why bajoynas are for havina. If you don’t score, people are gonna start talking and think your meat is broken. And they are probably right. Between snatching and deep scores, my roasted poultry game has quadrupled though. I have total confidence now…I useda get all stressed and worry about herbs and seasoning and all that nonsense. Get some good kosher salt, some super fresh course ground peppadew, and some ghee. Use all of em quite heavy handidly, score them sexy thighs and creamy hamstrings, spatch that thing in twain and cook it till the magic 185ish for the darkies. That’s the secret to a perfect bird in my very humbles opinions. Yayayaya.

I am ready for charcoal fucking chicken fuckin carny revolutions. People might get rekt. Very good chance. It’s gonna get gnasty and gnarly. Let’s buy some shoes. TeeHee, I like to tinkle. Sometimes I get sick. Other times I get hit by a train. That’s a bad time. Don’t fuck with them CSX or Conrail freight trains, they are bad. Instead, have a nice night and hijack an Amtrak…or at least pee on one. And if you’re a cop, you gotta tell me….that’s the rules. Peace.

That’s my magic dark meat number. Gotta get it up there for all that connective tissues and chicken weirdos to melting. It’s fucking bonkers how night and day different it is. I’ve had two fucking idiots tell me they don’t like dark meat. Haha. I said “Oh yes you do”…kinda like an asshole, because I knew I was right. It turns out that lots of people have been lied to about dark meat, because their families and whatnot where they have had it, have no idea what they are doing. The number one rule is a deal breaker. No fucking weirdos. This is why I’ve been such a huge fan of spatchcocking and slicing deep gashes. You gotta score with the chicks…it’s why bajoynas are for havina. If you don’t score, people are gonna start talking and think your meat is broken. And they are probably right. Between snatching and deep scores, my roasted poultry game has quadrupled though. I have total confidence now…I useda get all stressed and worry about herbs and seasoning and all that nonsense. Get some good kosher salt, some super fresh course ground peppadew, and some ghee. Use all of em quite heavy handidly, score them sexy thighs and creamy hamstrings, spatch that thing in twain and cook it till the magic 185ish for the darkies. That’s the secret to a perfect bird in my very humbles opinions. Yayayaya.

I am ready for charcoal fucking chicken fuckin carny revolutions. People might get rekt. Very good chance. It’s gonna get gnasty and gnarly. Let’s buy some shoes. TeeHee, I like to tinkle. Sometimes I get sick. Other times I get hit by a train. That’s a bad time. Don’t fuck with them CSX or Conrail freight trains, they are bad. Instead, have a nice night and hijack an Amtrak…or at least pee on one. And if you’re a cop, you gotta tell me….that’s the rules. Peace.
Yeah, I gave up white meat a while ago. I love the boneless thighs because they get all crispy little chards on them. I think the biggest problem is people cook dark meat to 165 instead of 185 or more. It is not going to dry out till it gets over 200

It's the difference between being grossed out and a clean carcass that you can't stop picking...haha. I used to be a non thigh and leg guy too...then I lernt. It's the best meat arguably. Thighs are the shit...boneless, skinless, skin on, bone in, full quarters with the legs....it's all bangin. The skin is awesome as long as it's either crispy love or completely tattooed on permanently. I personally love tattooing the skin onto quarters.

I think we are gonna cook some shit Kong Kamado Kooker Krazy Krafty Kreamy Krunchy Kong Kamado Kookin yayah

This thinga...which now has the handy dandy Handley installedily. Yayah.
PSX_20220626_064935.jpg

Ohh boy. Yayah

Dr. Bubs, here is what the plastic piece looked like, it kept it from pivoting by hitting the other bolt.

IMG_20220626_155658343.jpg

here is the BGE with the cast-iron place setter and place setter lifter.

IMG_20220626_160001748.jpg

and the grate lifter.
I got the BGE for $400 and bought a charcoal basket for $38 a place setter lifter $16 and grill grate lifter $26. It also cam with a pizza stone and a cast iron grate. So I am at about $500 which works for me.

Attachments

• IMG_20220626_160252156.jpg
    IMG_20220626_160252156.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 13
First Cook on the BGE.

IMG_20220626_165120386.jpg

Pellets were added for smoke. 1/2 pork lois dry brined in montreal chicken for 24hr.

IMG_20220626_174506287.jpg

Added the Tri Tip after a 40 minute headstart at 275.

IMG_20220626_185049026.jpg

Crisping the Loin up while the grill heats up for sear on Tri Tip.

IMG_20220626_192029067.jpg

Finished to hot to take pictures, also put on some piccanas .

IMG_20220626_194612497.jpg

Meat fest! with Harissa rice with sumac, Fresh lettuce from the garden with homegrown endive, Tri-Tip, Picanna, Pork Loin, and a piece of Naan grilled til crispy. My new chihuahua Chip which I adopted about a month ago jumped up and grabbed a piece of meat off my plate. He is quick.
He was a stray so he has been a lot more work.

IMG_20220622_211148455.jpg

d
Chip is in the Back 7.5 lbs of trouble. Loki is in front, he is a JRT and Chi.

First Cook on the BGE.

View attachment 1478094

Pellets were added for smoke. 1/2 pork lois dry brined in montreal chicken for 24hr.

View attachment 1478095
Added the Tri Tip after a 40 minute headstart at 275.

View attachment 1478096

Crisping the Loin up while the grill heats up for sear on Tri Tip.

View attachment 1478097

Finished to hot to take pictures, also put on some piccanas .

View attachment 1478098

Meat fest! with Harissa rice with sumac, Fresh lettuce from the garden with homegrown endive, Tri-Tip, Picanna, Pork Loin, and a piece of Naan grilled til crispy. My new chihuahua Chip which I adopted about a month ago jumped up and grabbed a piece of meat off my plate. He is quick.
He was a stray so he has been a lot more work.

View attachment 1478099
d
Chip is in the Back 7.5 lbs of trouble. Loki is in front, he is a JRT and Chi.
:thumbsup: :clapper::d5: Same faces my dogs make all day when I start a fire in the morning :rofl: Looks fantastic! You guys are gonna sucker me into buying a kamado :crying:

:thumbsup: :clapper::d5: Same faces my dogs make all day when I start a fire in the morning :rofl: Looks fantastic! You guys are gonna sucker me into buying a kamado :crying:
It was a lot of fun cooking in it.

Back