I just got an email saying my order should be here today. I didn’t even know it shipped yet. They overnighted it. This company has some kick ass customer service. It seems their shipping department is a bit sloppy, but their service department picks up the pieces.

Check this out anyone…Franklin. It’s a behind the scenes into how Grilla operates. It’s pretty rad. I am proud to fly their flag.

Smash burgers and fries on the griddle :smoking:
86CDC05D-8921-4FD1-9EA0-D0010602CBF6.jpeg
6B26DC89-A573-403E-AFA8-D443C0CDE62C.jpeg

Primate love. I got my spring tool with a third set of springs…lol. I got two hinges, three sets of springs, extra hardware. I wish this replacement came with instructions. These springs are scary. I sent em another email so they can explain exactly how to do it. I used to be a mechanic, I fix shit all the time…I just don’t want to mess anything up, and these springs give me the hooboojeebies. I sent em a hint hint about tossing me the Grill Grates…LOL…I doubt it…but this has been a pain in my ass possibly. At least it looks beautiful. I can’t stop looking at it….I’m serious. It’s addicting.

Primate love. I got my spring tool with a third set of springs…lol. I got two hinges, three sets of springs, extra hardware. I wish this replacement came with instructions. These springs are scary. I sent em another email so they can explain exactly how to do it. I used to be a mechanic, I fix shit all the time…I just don’t want to mess anything up, and these springs give me the hooboojeebies. I sent em a hint hint about tossing me the Grill Grates…LOL…I doubt it…but this has been a pain in my ass possibly. At least it looks beautiful. I can’t stop looking at it….I’m serious. It’s addicting.
BGE the rings are not installed but do have the hinge on them. They came with a piece of nylon that held the bolts so the hinge could not move.

BGE the rings are not installed but do have the hinge on them. They came with a piece of nylon that held the bolts so the hinge could not move.
So the upper and lower hinge were attached together with that nylon? Put em on the grill and tighten em up and then cut the nylon off? Mine came zip tied together. I busted out my gorgeous Gerber auto and sliced the zips, not realizing that the springs were sprung and almost caught the recoil in my face. Woke me right up…hahah.

My idea was to put the hinge in my huge ass heavy equipment vice….or possibly use a C clamp and compress the hinge closed…re zip tie it, and then install it compressed. After tightening it up a bit, very carefully remove the zippy with a snip snip and have brand new rings and hinge on my dummi. Does that sound about right?

So the upper and lower hinge were attached together with that nylon? Put em on the grill and tighten em up and then cut the nylon off? Mine came zip tied together. I busted out my gorgeous Gerber auto and sliced the zips, not realizing that the springs were sprung and almost caught the recoil in my face. Woke me right up…hahah.

My idea was to put the hinge in my huge ass heavy equipment vice….or possibly use a C clamp and compress the hinge closed…re zip tie it, and then install it compressed. After tightening it up a bit, very carefully remove the zippy with a snip snip and have brand new rings and hinge on my dummi. Does that sound about right?
Not it was on the nut from the lower to the upper. the nylon had 2 hex head cutouts. It would not move till it was removed. I just got my place setter handle and my grill grate removal tool, so I am set. Sunday I will do a tri tip and maybe something else.

Smash burgers and fries on the griddle :smoking:
View attachment 1476628View attachment 1476629
Franklin, how is the construction on that thingee. Is it all SS? Is it sturdy? Are you on the bottle or NG? I am scared to come from a Weber Genesis.
I was looking at the Napolean and they are even all SS. I don't care about shiny just don't like rust holes. I really want to get one with the half griddle.

Franklin, how is the construction on that thingee. Is it all SS? Is it sturdy? Are you on the bottle or NG? I am scared to come from a Weber Genesis.
I was looking at the Napolean and they are even all SS. I don't care about shiny just don't like rust holes. I really want to get one with the half griddle.
This thing is a tank! Very sturdy, fully stainless….grill grates are larger diameter stainless, not cast or carbon. The griddle is obviously carbon.
9AD12D08-F9EC-43A0-AEA9-427B51A58A1E.jpeg

check this picture out….welded corners, commercial grade I would say. Everything is heavy duty, goes together well. On top of that…this does both grilling and griddling well…not just a good grill and an ok griddle. It’s got the same btu output as the comparably sized black stone, which is a dedicated griddle…so that should tell you how it will perform in that capacity. I looked at every grill lowes and Home Depot had….and feel this is much better quality. Plus their customer service can’t be beat. I think if kept clean and fairly dry it should last a long time… Also, unlike the other grills, this has a big grease catch tray that pulls out like a drawer for easy cleaning. Like a big sheet pan. That’s replaceable. So, being the low point, if it did corrode you could just replace that one part. Other than that, I did take a look at where water collected after it rained and its in the corners above. A few very small and well placed drain holes drilled in those corners would go a long ways to moving water down. Or you could just cover it and problem solved. Our sun is too intense here for the cover to last, and with our fairly dry climate I’m not even worried about it.:pass:

Oh @olbobcat I forgot to add….the burner tubes are stainless (and replaceable) and the flame diverters are full stainless. Entire cabinet is stainless, even the paper towel holder is stainless.

And I’m running propane for now, I’m trying to decide if it’s worth the cost to plumb natural gas over there…I would have to tear up the patio if I do….and don’t looking forward to it. So we’ll see….

Last edited:
Back