Got the griddle seasoned….two rounds anyway. Now it’s just about using it.:smoking:
5C31DB16-42E7-41D8-8186-4F1CFD45EC1B.jpeg

How is your BGE coming along Bobby? Can’t wait to see her. I just watched a video today about how BGEs are made. The master molds are made by hand…every little dimple is cut out with a little tool. That’s a seriously skilled tradesmen right there.

Big Green Egg is almost 50 years old…they started in 1974. Before them, the west didn’t have any Kamado style cookers except for the few that were the spoils of war.

I’m sure some very old cookers were jacked. Those guys have been passing em through the generations forever. Some of em are hundreds of years old. I bet a few families got shafted out of their heirlooms.

I am waiting on two emails right now. I got the rings in the mail last night and the spring removal tool wasn’t in the box. The springs are kinda scary, anyone have any suggestions? I am also waiting on an email about that pool table. I really want it….cross your fingers for me.

Franklin!!! How is the Primate?!? Can’t wait to see some pics buddy.
I have not had time to put the shelves on. But expect pictures on the weekend I plan on doing some tri tip on it.
I do love the pellet grill. I can't wait to see Franklin cook on the primate. I am hoping to bring one of those into the fleet.

Hell yeah guys. That thing is purdy…I told ya their shit is stupid heavy duty. I think that Primeape is creepin on 200 pounds. I love that it got up to 900 dungarees. Even if it’s a hundred off, that’s still fucking bonkers. I could never get my baby Weber past 500 and it still did a halfway decent job of searing.

I’m surprised there wasn’t any deals on the Primeate…mine was $130 off, and both the premium pellet grills come with a dozen 20 pound sacks of pellets. Folks who got the Chimp & Primate are not included apparently. That’s poop. Whatever though….you now own a kickass grill and griddle that very well might outlast you. Congrats Franklin. I love that Bobby is now calling you Franklin, that’s what I like to see.

Welp….her maiden voyage is over….and she performed spectacularly. I was guessing on griddle temp since my infrared decided to not work. I figured what better way to test the seasoning than with eggs. I couldn’t be happier with this thing….thanks for the recommendation Doc:d5: now, I’m gonna go run around the block until I’m hungry again so I can cook these steaks and corn:haha:
649B1222-3135-4C20-93DF-65D3D8266CCE.jpeg
49B40A79-40F2-456B-9C7C-18BAF8D71363.jpeg

Cleanup took less than ten minutes….and that’s with me being picky…

Back