Any of you fine humanses ever hear of Kamikoto Knves? They are fairly priced, and a whole bunch of Michelin Star holding chefs and food eaters have put their name on them. They also follow the direct to consumer business model, which I feel is THE best way to score a product that has the magic balance of cost/performance that should put similar priced retail products to shame.

Thats how I found Grilla Grills, who is Bear Grylls cousin if you didn’t know already. That’s also how I found Emotiva, which makes awesome audiophile grade hifi gear that also happens to be affordable. With these high end boutique markets….grills, audio equipment, kitchen knives…you can get a product that is 90% as good as the best shit the world has to offer for A LOT cheaper.

This is the sweetspot of cost to performance where the best bang for the buck products live. Hence, I present the Kensei Knife Set, starring a 9.5” Kiritsuke and 5.5” Boning knife. I saw a $50 coupon which would make the pair about $200. Have any of you guy mangs heard anything about them?
View attachment 1468699
Sexy little lovers. I don’t have a boning knife either.
That is a pretty looking knife :drool:

You got a BGE?????? Is the large an 18”? How do you like it?? I can’t believe we haven’t seen any pics. Let’s see her!! That’s a $1400 grill when it’s on the stand with the side wings. Sick score. I don’t imagine they get sold very often.
I just pick it up and got it assembled on Thursday. I will get a picture up when it is all done. Yes it is the 18". I meant to use it this weekend but things got in the way so I fired the pellet.

That is a pretty looking knife :drool:
I buy cheaper restaurant-grade shit . Like Victorinox or Mercer. Those handles are not practical for full grown man size hands like mine. But they sure are Purty.

Pork knuckles on the pellet grill.

IMG_20220605_184706646.jpg

IMG_20220605_184834200.jpg

IMG_20220605_191048164.jpg

They are about the richest piece of pork that you will have. Not fatty, but gelatinous and very dark meat. Thought the mustard sauce would be good on it but still needed more vinegar to cut the richness.

I buy cheaper restaurant-grade shit . Like Victorinox or Mercer. Those handles are not practical for full grown man size hands like mine. But they sure are Purty.
Not a big fan of my victorinox chef's knife, but I like being able to throw it in the dishwasher :crying:

Not a big fan of my Victorinox chef's knife, but I like being able to throw it in the dishwasher :crying:
My Victorinox chef knife is not nearly as good as my Mercer cheap hollow ground. Everything goes into the dishwasher if it can't survive I buy something else. prefer nikari or santoku over a chef's knife. A lot of it is how the knife balances in your hand. The Victorinox slicer and fillet/boners make me happy. Mercer has hollow-ground wavy edge knifes that will cut you finger off in a split second.

These are my mercer knives….I’ve had them since culinary school in ‘12. They go through the dishwasher on a regular basis with no issues…and take and keep a very sharp edge.

Also pictured is a hand forged knife I picked up from a knife maker in Maine for 300 bucks. It’s a great little knife, my go to. It will take a razor sharp edge and keep it for a while. No dishwasher for this, though. She’s carbon steel so she requires some care….but she’ll last forever.
993862A9-3FD1-408D-9092-EAA64A142D1B.jpeg

This is my daily driver. Use it for everything I can. No one else is allowed to touch it, partially because it's left handed. :tang: Has to be cleaned and dried by hand immediately after every use but feels great to hold. Old ass Sabatier chef's knife the wife bought me for Xmas years ago. It was a blank with the handle and just shaped when she got it. I took it to Korin in Manhattan and had it sharpened for a lefty :mrgreen: I need to actually get it back there since I've screwed up the edge trying to teach myself how to sharpen with a stone :face:
PXL_20220606_031730033.jpg

Those Kamikoto knives are all right handed single ground. I also need to learn to use a stone. I really want a nice carbon steel blade though. They also make a really hard knife set that has black blades that don’t need sharpening…it has a list of don’t do’s, like smash garlic, cut frozen things or bones. The amount of Michelin Star chefs that put their name on them really has me intrigued. Made In cookware is similar as well…affordable high end gear. I like.

Hey Franklin, if your Primate is coming via XPO Logistics, make sure to set up a delivery time….they certainly aren’t going to contact you. It’s a bit of a pain in the ass to be honest. Just giving you a heads up.

Back