Franklin my man….YOU GOT THE PRIMATE YOU MAGNIFICENT BASTARD!!!! Fucking sick brother, can’t wait for the full report. It’s so nice to get a dead ass honest review from a trusted source, but I’m 99% sure your review is gonna be GLOWING. God speed my man, I bet that will be the last gas grill you ever buy. I haven’t looked at any of the accessories for the Primate, but it would be sick to get it running on natural gas instead of over priced propane…even though it’s been dirt cheap. Do they have a conversion listed? Regardless, I’m honored to have played a small role in your major purchase…which includes that INSANE hunk of iron that weighs 40 pounds, and has 60K of British Thermal power makin it chooch. She’s skookum as fuck I tells ya. I’m legitimately excited for you…lol

BUSHY, you old top….WHAT A SCORE!!!! I think you might have posted a pic when you got that Kweez, but seeing it on the patio looks lovely. That has to be a $500+ savings…it’s gotta be. I like how it looks unique…so does the Primate with its aggressive lines and mean ass lid. Killer scores my friends. It’s about to be grill thirty at AFN. Haha.

I ran into that few years ago 10lbs 2 bucks, I could not figure out how everyone didn't have one in their cart.
Because people are fucking retarded these days. It takes an old soul to navigate this crazy world with confidence. Fortunately, all you guys fit the bill. I only get along with old souls.

Also, Mr BushyAR…what thermometer probe thing is that? I just ordered this one today. I hope it does me well.
8521312C-529A-4F6D-8922-1DCCDAF72DFC.jpeg

Now why couldn’t I live closer as I’d be right there feeding my addiction too
The problem isn’t the distance, it’s the speed at which you travel. I recommend you use this opportunity to
Franklin my man….YOU GOT THE PRIMATE YOU MAGNIFICENT BASTARD!!!! Fucking sick brother, can’t wait for the full report. It’s so nice to get a dead ass honest review from a trusted source, but I’m 99% sure your review is gonna be GLOWING. God speed my man, I bet that will be the last gas grill you ever buy. I haven’t looked at any of the accessories for the Primate, but it would be sick to get it running on natural gas instead of over priced propane…even though it’s been dirt cheap. Do they have a conversion listed? Regardless, I’m honored to have played a small role in your major purchase…which includes that INSANE hunk of iron that weighs 40 pounds, and has 60K of British Thermal power makin it chooch. She’s skookum as fuck I tells ya. I’m legitimately excited for you…lol

BUSHY, you old top….WHAT A SCORE!!!! I think you might have posted a pic when you got that Kweez, but seeing it on the patio looks lovely. That has to be a $500+ savings…it’s gotta be. I like how it looks unique…so does the Primate with its aggressive lines and mean ass lid. Killer scores my friends. It’s about to be grill thirty at AFN. Haha.
yes , there’s a natural gas conversion that’s not to expensive. I’ll probably do that eventually. They’ve also got a 2/3 griddle, so you have flat top space and grill space at the same time. I’ll probably think about picking that up eventually. I’m really looking forward to getting acquainted with this thing….I love shit that has multiple uses… :smoking:

I just looked at the Grilla site again for the 114th time. I saw the short griddle and natural gas mod. Check out their outdoor kitchen thing, they have a sick piece to mount any grill permanently.
1914D7B6-8C01-447D-8E4F-7F0BAAD4DF26.png

I am probably gonna wind up with 3 Grilla grills eventually…I’ve always wanted a pellet grill and their selection is MIGHTY tempting. I definitely love a nice gas grill, and have done 85% of my grilling on them. My little Weber Q300 has been great, but it’s starting to show its age. I got it on Craigslist, brand new in the box for $200 like 6 or 7 summers ago. It’s a little tweaked since I had a bad grease fire in it, and it melted the plastic. It now sits a little low in the back, so I prop it. It was a SLAMMING grill for two bills, and we have probably got 500 cooks on it. The only things I don’t like about it are I wish I could get it hotter, and it’s inability to do indirect. It’s got an oval burner with a straight burner inside…no room to get away from the heat. It does get 500 dungarees…but I want 6 or even 7 for a steak sear. I can’t wait to see how hot that Primate gets. I would also look at the Grill Grates if I were you, they would be a sick upgrade for searing.

Cheers fam….to new grills in 2022!!
B92D5640-3C13-4F15-BBED-98A62CE72CEF.png

OMG….ITS COMING!!
BA2EEED4-E52E-4619-8E28-941BF15FF14B.jpeg

Of course my Kick Ass Baskey and Kick Ass Canny didn’t make it onboard. Gahlddamn layabouts. If only they knew what this boy is capable of. Stabby stab stab went the Gerber 06 Auto.

Three days and counting down to Grilling Nirvana. :rofl:

Fresh dug potatoes, rubbed in olive oil, rolled in flake salt and roasted in the air fryer for 20 min. 400°F. The Pork shoulder is very good but these potatoes are the star of the show.
_DSC4761.JPG

_DSC4762.JPG
_DSC4763.JPG

I didn't get a picture of the food on the plate because I ate it.

pig trough.gif

The pork shoulder is cooked to 145°F internal temperature. We slice off enough for our linner and then put it back on the BBQ to be overcooked and made tough. It is then pulled apart and will be cooked into guisado.

_DSC4764.JPG
_DSC4765.JPG

Last edited:
That look awesome man. Those little waxy yellow badaydas look delicious. I like how you said what the temp was at, and also knew where you wanted to get it to. From who I’ve asked, almost all the folks I’ve asked don’t regularly use an instant read. They be missing out. I want to get a ThermoWorks something, all their stuff is fucking top notch and NIST traceable. They make the best

I am always using my instant read for meats, I’m super excited for my new wireless thermometer. I imagine I’ll get good use out of it, especially on the kamado until I get a handle on it.

That look awesome man. Those little waxy yellow badaydas look delicious. I like how you said what the temp was at, and also knew where you wanted to get it to. From who I’ve asked, almost all the folks I’ve asked don’t regularly use an instant read. They be missing out. I want to get a ThermoWorks something, all their stuff is fucking top notch and NIST traceable. They make the best

I am always using my instant read for meats, I’m super excited for my new wireless thermometer. I imagine I’ll get good use out of it, especially on the kamado until I get a handle on it.
I use an instant read religiously…:headbang:

I have 3 or 4 thermopops a couple of dots and just bought a classic when it was on sale. I am always putting them away and then I can't find them. The new classic got put away after I got it and I just found it 2 or 3 weeks later. They never break, they just hide from you.

Also a fan of the thermopop. Been using mine pretty much daily for years now with no issues other then maybe 2 battery changes

Back