If this new little cheaply Amazon thermometer doesn’t work out for whatever reason, there is a solid chance I will get a ThermoWorks Smoke X4 or Signals. They even come in a handful of stylish colors to match the drapes!!

It’s in Roc!!!
24EC7BF7-2F20-4155-B39F-1F03FF86F7D5.png

A quick recap of my toys
  • Grilla Kong Kamado
  • Wireless Thermometer w/ 4 probes
  • Kick Ash Basket
  • Kick Ash Can
  • Kick Ash Basket Divider
  • Kong Diffuser Plate
  • Grilla Grill Brush
  • Weber Cherry & Pecan chunks
  • Kamado Joe Big Block Lump
F30B13DC-A95E-42A3-A9D3-6A1FEDB74283.jpeg
225D8568-78F2-451A-AE39-99F9EC12BFD6.jpeg
1899B4CD-AAAD-4F10-963A-EAE63F5E822D.jpeg
9B4C6E2C-E9FB-4C6D-85D1-624FF0792404.jpeg
35C8EB11-061B-468E-B99B-8CFB2FE81603.jpeg
E2E9B9D1-74F3-4CA5-B6A1-D1827C15A1AA.jpeg

I still need to get the Grill Grates, and I would like a pair of decent BBQ gloves. Everything other than the basket and the can should be here Monday though. I am getting some Loctite for assembling this thing. I hope the hardware uses nylock nuts, but if it doesn’t, I’m definitely grabbing some thread lock compound. I have a feeling it might, that’s a practically free way for Grilla to insure your shit doesn’t get loosey goosey, and Grilla is all about making stuff that lasts…according to them and everyone else that has their shit. We’ll see, but mine will be screwed, glued and tattooed by the time I’m done with it. Let’s hope it comes out better than Homer Jay’s pit turned out.

We’ll hey hey there Franklin. I seen you over at your grow thread. Not a bad looking little spread, are you still running COBs? My first years here on the Autohamburger net were spent digging through the DIY threads and then returning the favor…helping Bigsmo field question after question…mostly about COBs and drivers and wiring and ordering the right stuff from the warehouses like Mouser & Digikey. Now I’m just a foodie what makes food and sammiches and is a brand new member of the Grilla Grills family…kinda like someone else I know.

I really want to grow some dope, it’s even legal here now…not that I would let that stand in my way, I’ve always strayed a little left of center in the eyes of the lawman. The ole federales. Ain’t got no time for that one time. My old friend Dave said it the absolute best. We threw a mini festival at his field called Field Ablaze back in the 2007s or so. We had 13 kegs, 3 bands including yours truly headlining, wet T shirt contest, full bar ran by 3 dumplin chicks, a burger stand, a pair of porta potties, overnight camping, 10 security folk that did an AWESOME job, and a whole lot of people…about 350. My buddies mom made my a huge stack of full color flyers and she made 400 tickets that were all individually numbered so we could cross each one off a master ticket sheet. I took on WAY too many responsibilities, but it went off pretty amazing. All of this…with free beer….for $15 a ticket or $20 at the door. We actually sold about 250 tickets, so we had money to put everything together.

So the cops show up right as we are wrapping up our last song. We had a sick mosh pit going and a monster PA that we rented. The dude that owns the place busted out the best one liner I’ve ever heard. All I hear from the front is “The cops are here!!!”…and my buddy says “Charge em double!!” I almost peed my pants. Holy shit.

We’ll hey hey there Franklin. I seen you over at your grow thread. Not a bad looking little spread, are you still running COBs?
Morning, sir….yes, still running 5 3500k autocobs (big smo) and I’ve got 4 diy 3000k cobs that I add as needed during flower. I find if I add the 3000k cobs just as the stretch starts they really go for it….
9DD5D235-D4AE-4D42-B1F1-B7B7CCB1F22F.jpeg

Seems to be working out :rofl: :pass:

By the way doc, those kamado grills make a decent pizza oven….I recommend if you get a pizza stone for your new toy to check these folks out….

If this new little cheaply Amazon thermometer doesn’t work out for whatever reason, there is a solid chance I will get a ThermoWorks Smoke X4 or Signals. They even come in a handful of stylish colors to match the drapes!!

It’s in Roc!!!
View attachment 1468209

A quick recap of my toys
  • Grilla Kong Kamado
  • Wireless Thermometer w/ 4 probes
  • Kick Ash Basket
  • Kick Ash Can
  • Kick Ash Basket Divider
  • Kong Diffuser Plate
  • Grilla Grill Brush
  • Weber Cherry & Pecan chunks
  • Kamado Joe Big Block Lump
View attachment 1468199View attachment 1468208View attachment 1468200View attachment 1468201View attachment 1468202View attachment 1468203

I still need to get the Grill Grates, and I would like a pair of decent BBQ gloves. Everything other than the basket and the can should be here Monday though. I am getting some Loctite for assembling this thing. I hope the hardware uses nylock nuts, but if it doesn’t, I’m definitely grabbing some thread lock compound. I have a feeling it might, that’s a practically free way for Grilla to insure your shit doesn’t get loosey goosey, and Grilla is all about making stuff that lasts…according to them and everyone else that has their shit. We’ll see, but mine will be screwed, glued and tattooed by the time I’m done with it. Let’s hope it comes out better than Homer Jay’s pit turned out.
A customer of mine just gave his unused 5 years in the the box large BGE for a couple hundie. He had important accessories as well. I could not pass it up. I think the grilla is probably better at this point. It was a pain in the ass to put together and needed two people to put together and I still need to readjust the lid. and mount the shelves. I would guess the thread lock compound would be only worth it on the cart.

By the way doc, those kamado grills make a decent pizza oven….I recommend if you get a pizza stone for your new toy to check these folks out….
The guy that sold me the BGE had s pizza stone that came with it. But I have a pizza oven. Those are great pizza stones but I can't remember the thermos on them some attract and hold and some dissipate.
I also have pizza steel in the oven and a lodge cast iron.

The guy that sold me the BGE had s pizza stone that came with it. But I have a pizza oven. Those are great pizza stones but I can't remember the thermos on them some attract and hold and some dissipate.
The fibrament does take forever to fully heat up, about an hour to 500f…..it’s about an inch and a half thick or so….but once fully heated it releases so much heat that your oven recovers almost immediately when opening the door….it’s made it so I can make excellent quality pizzas in my regular oven….

You got a BGE?????? Is the large an 18”? How do you like it?? I can’t believe we haven’t seen any pics. Let’s see her!! That’s a $1400 grill when it’s on the stand with the side wings. Sick score. I don’t imagine they get sold very often.

The fibrament does take forever to fully heat up, about an hour to 500f…..it’s about an inch and a half thick or so….but once fully heated it releases so much heat that your oven recovers almost immediately when opening the door….it’s made it so I can make excellent quality pizzas in my regular oven….
I used to be on the pizza forum and I know all the ceramics have a different heat pattern. The steel doen'stlet loose and niether does my pizza oven stones which are about an 1.25 " thick. If you overheat the floor it takes quite a while to bring it down.

Any of you fine humanses ever hear of Kamikoto Knves? They are fairly priced, and a whole bunch of Michelin Star holding chefs and food eaters have put their name on them. They also follow the direct to consumer business model, which I feel is THE best way to score a product that has the magic balance of cost/performance that should put similar priced retail products to shame.

Thats how I found Grilla Grills, who is Bear Grylls cousin if you didn’t know already. That’s also how I found Emotiva, which makes awesome audiophile grade hifi gear that also happens to be affordable. With these high end boutique markets….grills, audio equipment, kitchen knives…you can get a product that is 90% as good as the best shit the world has to offer for A LOT cheaper.

This is the sweetspot of cost to performance where the best bang for the buck products live. Hence, I present the Kensei Knife Set, starring a 9.5” Kiritsuke and 5.5” Boning knife. I saw a $50 coupon which would make the pair about $200. Have any of you guy mangs heard anything about them?
8EC72FE4-6E13-4D8E-86E7-03B62E02CCFE.jpeg

Sexy little lovers. I don’t have a boning knife either.

Back