That all in one bread most of use to use for everything sandwiches, hotdogs, hamburgers etc… My wife’s been dealing with with her dad in the hospital and now moved to a rehab assisted living for a bit so she’s been tired. So only a quick whip up dinner of chicken patties, slather of mayo and cheese if you like with a garden salad on the side.
1C50B90C-E2E8-4047-BD94-923E01797255.jpeg

We have a couple racks of ribs in the fridge. Will get those seasoned up later tonight or tomorrow just before they go on the smoker. I have a Dr appointment to find out if I’m cleared to put weight on my foot to start walking. If not I’ll be loading the Cuisinart app back up and manning the time/temps from my phone in bed.

I've literally been eyeing Kamados for the past two years. I've wanted an egg since the first time I heard about them, but the price for the BGEs are absolutely ludicrous. On top of being ludicrous, they nickel and dime you on every little thing, and there ain't no shortage of things to grab. BGE calls them 'Eggcessories' and their favorite thing to do is sell them to you. These guys are so stingy, I don't even think you get the Egg itself when you order one. ...it's almost that bad though.

So in my browsings of the interwebs, I discovered Grilla Grills. I dug a few feet deeper and did some research...hey....wait a minute....these guys are INCREDIBLE. First, they only make 5 grills. A 60k BTU 4 tube burner gas grill/griddle called Primate, which comes with a 40lb cast iron griddle, all stainless construction, it's $1099 and is most likely the gas grill I will score after my little Weber lets me down eventually. They make the Kong Kamado grill which I CANT FUCKING WAIT TO SEE AND SMELL AND TOUCH AND POSSIBLY MAKE SWEET SWEET LOVE TO. Haha. Seriously though, this is the equivalent of the 2nd largest BGE, except it's $849 instead of $1399. This is what you get for that $1399 by the way:
View attachment 1460359
The whole frame of the egg is stamped steel...you know, the kind that RUSTS!! Every single piece of metal on the Kong is either non magnetic stainless or aluminum. Every single piece. Let's do some quick maths. $1399 for the XL Egg, $235 for the "nest" which is that stamped steel previously mentioned. So we are up to $1634 for an Egg with a stand. If you want some nice side tables, like the beautiful bamboo tables that come with the Kong, that will be another $149.95 for the ones made of accacia or for a further $50 you can get composite ones bringing the total to about $1800..or more if you went composite. The Kong also comes with two grates, you only get one with the XL BGE, giving approximately 50% more cooking area, 452"² vs 643"²...oh, and if you want to smoke on your new toy, the diffuser plate for the Kong is $64, the "convEGGtor" diffuser is a cool $129, making sure to leave your wallet extra light. So that brings the total to $1929 with the diffuser thing, the side wings, and the stand. I paid $1019 less and got a heavy stainless firebox divider and one of these new crazy looking grill brushes that are getting rave reviews. I win.
View attachment 1460374
Any of y'all fellas and fellettes seen one of these crazy new brushesds? I've seen em almost identical from a few places, and folks are digging em, so there's gotta be something cool going on. Will give a full report upon examination and field testing. It's been a shitty fucking week, I needed some good times. Really bad.

While I'm over here talking up Grilla, I might as well finish out what I know, they also have a very nice trio of pellet grills:
View attachment 1460380
(L to R) Chimp, Silverback, and the Original Grilla that started the company. The big two even come with a dozen bags of pellets if you buy one right now...just like the Kong is $120 off, they are giving it back real nice. I've been eyeing their prices for over a year, and this is the first time I've seen any change, so it's a legitimate great time to buy something. Also, being a direct to consumer company, there ain't no middlemans grabbing that kaysh. I will let y'all know exactly what a Grilla Kong feels and smells like when that guy comes here with my package. I'm really hyped and ready to be thoroughly disappointed or not. Haha. From what I've seen and researched, these guys are the real deal.

The following commercial advertisement was brought to you by BubbleCo™. A wholly owned subsidiary of BubbleStar Enterprises, a Dubble Bubble company. ©2028 BubbleStar Dubble Bubble®©™®%™
View attachment 1460386
That primate is one badass mamm-o-jamma! Thanks for the recommendation…..I’ve been thinking about getting a gas grill, and that will probably be the one! :headbang:

I've literally been eyeing Kamados for the past two years. I've wanted an egg since the first time I heard about them, but the price for the BGEs are absolutely ludicrous. On top of being ludicrous, they nickel and dime you on every little thing, and there ain't no shortage of things to grab. BGE calls them 'Eggcessories' and their favorite thing to do is sell them to you. These guys are so stingy, I don't even think you get the Egg itself when you order one. ...it's almost that bad though.

So in my browsings of the interwebs, I discovered Grilla Grills. I dug a few feet deeper and did some research...hey....wait a minute....these guys are INCREDIBLE. First, they only make 5 grills. A 60k BTU 4 tube burner gas grill/griddle called Primate, which comes with a 40lb cast iron griddle, all stainless construction, it's $1099 and is most likely the gas grill I will score after my little Weber lets me down eventually. They make the Kong Kamado grill which I CANT FUCKING WAIT TO SEE AND SMELL AND TOUCH AND POSSIBLY MAKE SWEET SWEET LOVE TO. Haha. Seriously though, this is the equivalent of the 2nd largest BGE, except it's $849 instead of $1399. This is what you get for that $1399 by the way:
View attachment 1460359
The whole frame of the egg is stamped steel...you know, the kind that RUSTS!! Every single piece of metal on the Kong is either non magnetic stainless or aluminum. Every single piece. Let's do some quick maths. $1399 for the XL Egg, $235 for the "nest" which is that stamped steel previously mentioned. So we are up to $1634 for an Egg with a stand. If you want some nice side tables, like the beautiful bamboo tables that come with the Kong, that will be another $149.95 for the ones made of accacia or for a further $50 you can get composite ones bringing the total to about $1800..or more if you went composite. The Kong also comes with two grates, you only get one with the XL BGE, giving approximately 50% more cooking area, 452"² vs 643"²...oh, and if you want to smoke on your new toy, the diffuser plate for the Kong is $64, the "convEGGtor" diffuser is a cool $129, making sure to leave your wallet extra light. So that brings the total to $1929 with the diffuser thing, the side wings, and the stand. I paid $1019 less and got a heavy stainless firebox divider and one of these new crazy looking grill brushes that are getting rave reviews. I win.
View attachment 1460374
Any of y'all fellas and fellettes seen one of these crazy new brushesds? I've seen em almost identical from a few places, and folks are digging em, so there's gotta be something cool going on. Will give a full report upon examination and field testing. It's been a shitty fucking week, I needed some good times. Really bad.

While I'm over here talking up Grilla, I might as well finish out what I know, they also have a very nice trio of pellet grills:
View attachment 1460380
(L to R) Chimp, Silverback, and the Original Grilla that started the company. The big two even come with a dozen bags of pellets if you buy one right now...just like the Kong is $120 off, they are giving it back real nice. I've been eyeing their prices for over a year, and this is the first time I've seen any change, so it's a legitimate great time to buy something. Also, being a direct to consumer company, there ain't no middlemans grabbing that kaysh. I will let y'all know exactly what a Grilla Kong feels and smells like when that guy comes here with my package. I'm really hyped and ready to be thoroughly disappointed or not. Haha. From what I've seen and researched, these guys are the real deal.

The following commercial advertisement was brought to you by BubbleCo™. A wholly owned subsidiary of BubbleStar Enterprises, a Dubble Bubble company. ©2028 BubbleStar Dubble Bubble®©™®%™
View attachment 1460386
Been looking at kamados for a while and just can't pull the trigger on a BGE. I can't wait for you're review of this one... :drool: I've been using one of those brushes for a good year now (I do use and clean my grills all winter) and gotta say I'm not a big fan. They're super rigid and don't have the flex that the single brush ones do. Sometimes I gotta get deep into the grates to get the fat drippings or cheese off of whatever and the triple brush just kinda gets the top of the grates
PXL_20220519_021134302.jpg
PXL_20220519_021947852.jpg

First of all, I highly recommend Bruce
View attachment 1458552

Ms. MOG bought this book from the author and he signed it to me in 1990. It has become my sausage bible. I make a lot of meat substitutions now but back in the day I followed it religiously. Find a copy if you can.

If you make a big production out of it you will do it less often. Casings are just not needed. I have used plastic wrap to form breakfast sausage, foot long hot dogs, Italian etc. Then just freeze them and when unwrapped and cooked they hold their shape. Most of the sausage I eat is in patties.

Freezing dramatically enhances the flavors of sausage.

We had a Chicken Italian sausage sandwich for linner today. It was very good!
I am guessing he makes the sausages under his name in the storee?

View attachment 1460359
View attachment 1460374

View attachment 1460380

View attachment 1460386
just bought a pellet grill but still eyeing a kamado.

1250-lifestyle-2_1024x1024.jpg

Bubs, you need to check out the Kamado Kamado.

We have a couple racks of ribs in the fridge. Will get those seasoned up later tonight or tomorrow just before they go on the smoker. I have a Dr appointment to find out if I’m cleared to put weight on my foot to start walking. If not I’ll be loading the Cuisinart app back up and manning the time/temps from my phone in bed.
Yeah, you get spoiled grilling from the phone. Better to stay out there and feed a stick burner.

Hell yeah bro.... I'm super fucking stoked. The only other times I have got this excited for the mail is when I get substantial guitar gear and aftermarket car parts...back when I had my old 5 liter Mustang GT I ordered shit from the magazines and early Internet almost every week. Then it KILLED A LADY because my asshole friend TOOK IT WITHOUT PERMISSION and couldn't handle a T5 gearbox and King Cobra clutch with close to 400 ponies of small block Ford twisting through it. I had big ass 18" Saleen wheels with 275/40 BFG Comp TA/KD out back. They were a bit slippery if there was any weirdness or wetness or anything like that. KD stands for Killer Dry!! It basically means that it sucks at anything but clean dry pavement. They work great...most of the time, you gotta pay attention if you're gonna put em to the test. He failed, got stupid, and jumped in the way of a dummy Caddy headed the opposite way and kerpow...right in the kisser3-My Little Pony got fuckin sheisted and I didn't have to wait for anything in the mail anymore. I enjoyed waiting kinds. Not really, but I fuckin LOVED my little fox body. I went down to Charlotte, North Carolina with my dad when I was 21 and bought it basically sight unseen. I had the chick take it to the local Ford dealer and I paid them to do a thorough inspection like they were getting it personally. I think I paid a hundred bucks and they gave me a list of every single thing, they did an excellent job. The inspection revealed that it had been in a very minor front end accident, and it was repaired beautifully, and it was stronger than stock. They also pointed out some little shit, like the passenger power mirror switch was bad, and the fog lights installed were not the OEM Hella brand fog lights, but cheap generic ones. I fixed that quickly, the Hellas were 10 times better, and I even hooked the switches up trick so I had the parking lights and fog lights on at the same time.
2Q==.jpg

You can't see it very well in this picture, but it looks sick at night. Like cat eyes. The first time I went to a MOMS event at NY International Raceway Park, I turned em on at the track...MOMS is Mustang On Mustang Saturday, with over a hundred Stangs present at any given event...and I must have had at least a dozen folks come up and ask how to do it. Haha. Anyway, I had a sick ass triple black fox body GT that looked ALMOST identical to this:
PSX_20200316_155930.jpg

I even won a plaque for best looking car my very first time there, unfortunately you can only win that one one time per season. All the drivers get to vote, that really meant something. It also came with a free trip to Kennedy's Dynotune Shop in Buffalo, which costs something like $120 an hour to get on the chassis Dyno and plug into their machine. I miss that thing.

Franklin, I'm so glad that you checked out Grilla, I totally respect your opinions and words, so it would be super cool to get a report on that mofo. It has a four year warranty too, they really believe in their shit. It's a family business to boot. I really think I am gonna get a Primate fairly soon, gotta have the gas grill, and that one looks like it might be the last one you'll ever need. Honored to be of service my man, take care.

just bought a pellet grill but still eyeing a kamado.

View attachment 1460778

Bubs, you need to check out the Kamado Kamado.
Is that you bro??? That thing looks sweet!! Not sure if that is a stock pic or you took it, but it's a great photo whoever was behind the lens.

You really can't go wrong with a pellet cooker, they make amazing food very simple to achieve. That is a win/win in my book. They even make big ass commercial ones, that should say it all.

You had me worried when you said check out Komodo Kamado. I was like "Did I just fuck up?? On national TV??? Get it together Doc, you got the whole world watching."

Then it popped up on my phone completely biaxident and things became clear. I did not fuck up on national TV, thank the good lord. Here is a Komodo Kamado for all you dummy richers that need a step up from the Big Green Dummi because money is for spendins and you have too many monies for havina.
SU580Pcopy_a94b5709-ddc7-432f-b95e-3508bced10df_1600x.jpg

42" of Bedazzle© Insanity™ for the low low low low price of one hundred $110. That's really not bad, my uncle spent at least seven times that on his Porsche. You should probably grab it now, they are back ordered for like 4 years or something. #Bedazzle #KomodoKamadoKay$h

Back