Been a very long week. Figured I deserved a break and some breakfast this morning. Pork roll, egg and cheese on a plain toasted bagel, pepper and hot sauce :d5:
PXL_20220513_141244353.jpg

That is cool. I got a kitchen aid meat grinder attachment but we’ve never used it. Now you have me wanting to experiment but think I’d need to find some casings to make brats n stuff
First of all, I highly recommend Bruce
_DSC4680.JPG

Ms. MOG bought this book from the author and he signed it to me in 1990. It has become my sausage bible. I make a lot of meat substitutions now but back in the day I followed it religiously. Find a copy if you can.

If you make a big production out of it you will do it less often. Casings are just not needed. I have used plastic wrap to form breakfast sausage, foot long hot dogs, Italian etc. Then just freeze them and when unwrapped and cooked they hold their shape. Most of the sausage I eat is in patties.

Freezing dramatically enhances the flavors of sausage.

We had a Chicken Italian sausage sandwich for linner today. It was very good!

First of all, I highly recommend Bruce
View attachment 1458552

Ms. MOG bought this book from the author and he signed it to me in 1990. It has become my sausage bible. I make a lot of meat substitutions now but back in the day I followed it religiously. Find a copy if you can.

If you make a big production out of it you will do it less often. Casings are just not needed. I have used plastic wrap to form breakfast sausage, foot long hot dogs, Italian etc. Then just freeze them and when unwrapped and cooked they hold their shape. Most of the sausage I eat is in patties.

Freezing dramatically enhances the flavors of sausage.

We had a Chicken Italian sausage sandwich for linner today. It was very good!
I found that book for $10 that a good price

Well yesterday I had to man the Cuisinart Bluetooth app on my phone. We had two of the 5+lb fryer chickens that we dry rubbed with Vegeta which is a chicken/vegetable Croatian seasoning and some oil. That was placed back in the fridge for 5 hours. Heated up the smoker to 225f put probes in the breast so I’m able to watch temps and advise. Then daughter picked fresh asparagus from the garden to steam along with broccoli for butter steamed veggies. My other daughter made a cheesy broccoli rice side dish to accompany dinner. But only pics I got were the chickens as I was to hungry to remember taking pics of the plate.
3BB5E16D-83EC-4D97-AEFC-7ADA7BEBD9F4.jpeg
DC78AED5-4F68-4764-83AF-BB79364C35D6.jpeg
662AFFF2-465A-4DB9-8068-AEFF8CEED93B.jpeg

Ok I just got it was a new hardcover book. The used ones I found were $6 shipped
The next thing you will be looking for is fresh spices and pork back fat :rofl:

I started taking pictures of the mushroom stroganoff last night and never finished. It was good

_DSC4694.JPG

I've been fucked up guys. I don't even know what the hell happened. My big toe has a fucking chunk out of it and my foot swelled up double. I don't even know what happened is the crazy part. You'd think that something like that would be memorable. NB has been diagnosed with severe strep, and is just getting over that...it's been a shitty week for being tip top. We lost her grandfather earlier this week...stage 4 cancer, at least he made it home so everyone could go say their goodbyes and such. Their three kids were acting like assholes about who is getting what, kinda made me sick a bit. Grandma is still here ya fucks, leave everything alone. Vultures I tell ya. At least all the grandkids were on point...NB's sisters mostly came together to do the unpleasantness. I felt for them, their grandfather was a great guy, he provided WAY more than he had to, and kept the family going this whole time. Lifelong worker for the town, paid his bills on time and kept the grass cut for the past 50 years. The kids had to change him, I don't know if I could do that. Fortunately it was only for a couple days, I hated seeing him like that. I just saw a video from 2017 at their 50th anniversary and my god, it's like a different person. Fuck cancer. RIP Jerry

PSX_20220516_012810.jpg

I snapped this pic last night off my front porch with Night Sight on my Pixel. Not a bad shot.

I've been fucked up guys. I don't even know what the hell happened. My big toe has a fucking chunk out of it and my foot swelled up double. I don't even know what happened is the crazy part. You'd think that something like that would be memorable. NB has been diagnosed with severe strep, and is just getting over that...it's been a shitty week for being tip top. We lost her grandfather earlier this week...stage 4 cancer, at least he made it home so everyone could go say their goodbyes and such. Their three kids were acting like assholes about who is getting what, kinda made me sick a bit. Grandma is still here ya fucks, leave everything alone. Vultures I tell ya. At least all the grandkids were on point...NB's sisters mostly came together to do the unpleasantness. I felt for them, their grandfather was a great guy, he provided WAY more than he had to, and kept the family going this whole time. Lifelong worker for the town, paid his bills on time and kept the grass cut for the past 50 years. The kids had to change him, I don't know if I could do that. Fortunately it was only for a couple days, I hated seeing him like that. I just saw a video from 2017 at their 50th anniversary and my god, it's like a different person. Fuck cancer. RIP Jerry

View attachment 1459777
I snapped this pic last night off my front porch with Night Sight on my Pixel. Not a bad shot.
Sorry to here about NB’s grandpa my friend :bighug:I hope you all get healthy here soon….keep an eye on the foot, missing pieces and double size swelling doesn’t sound great:pass: hopefully your harem of nurses are keeping you in good spirits. If not, send em my way, they can try their luck on my spirits:rofl::rofl:

Back