Thanks Franklin...I think I'm going to the hospital

Got Cherries and Blueberries at the farm market Saturday so I made a Gluten free pie for dessert

_DSC4696.JPG
_DSC4697.JPG
_DSC4698.JPG
_DSC4699.JPG
_DSC4700.JPG
_DSC4701.JPG
_DSC4702.JPG

Sinful! :fire:

Gorgeous broheim, that looks STELLAR!!!! Probably my all time favorite two fruits for pie, can't go wrong with either, I'm jealous, that thing looks phenomenal.

So, I just made a major purchase for the Bubble Compound. You are looking at the newest owner of a Kong Kamado grill. I literally just got done ordering it about 5 minutes ago. The Kong is already the best deal in Kamado grills, and it went on sale a couple days ago. It is usually $849 and will be back there soon, but for a limited time it's $729. I also ordered the diffuser plate with it, which allows indirect cooking on the entire surface, a must have accessory in my opinion. Along with that I snagged the charcoal divider and their killer grill brush. All told it was $910 after everything.

grilla-grills-kong-presentation.jpeg

Gorgeous broheim, that looks STELLAR!!!! Probably my all time favorite two fruits for pie, can't go wrong with either, I'm jealous, that thing looks phenomenal.

So, I just made a major purchase for the Bubble Compound. You are looking at the newest owner of a Kong Kamado grill. I literally just got done ordering it about 5 minutes ago. The Kong is already the best deal in Kamado grills, and it went on sale a couple days ago. It is usually $849 and will be back there soon, but for a limited time it's $729. I also ordered the diffuser plate with it, which allows indirect cooking on the entire surface, a must have accessory in my opinion. Along with that I snagged the charcoal divider and their killer grill brush. All told it was $910 after everything.

View attachment 1460219
Now I am the one that is jealous.

Bet you can bake a phenomenal pie in that!

Yes, even Ms. MOG is impressed with the gluten free crust. I replaced about 1/5 of the butter with goose fat. I could not find my almond extract so that was absent the pie filling. These are just recipes I find on the internet and then I tweak the ingredients like with the goose fat. This was the first time I made pie dough with GF flour. It is a whole new baking experience. The dough was so wet and the butter even though very cold did not clump but blended. The crust is almost a short bread. It is very satisfying. Leaf lard is another great fat for crust.

I just finished another piece and the fruit is so rich and wonderful. I could have used less sugar and it still be sweet enough but then you don't get that unbelievable syrup.

I've literally been eyeing Kamados for the past two years. I've wanted an egg since the first time I heard about them, but the price for the BGEs are absolutely ludicrous. On top of being ludicrous, they nickel and dime you on every little thing, and there ain't no shortage of things to grab. BGE calls them 'Eggcessories' and their favorite thing to do is sell them to you. These guys are so stingy, I don't even think you get the Egg itself when you order one. ...it's almost that bad though.

So in my browsings of the interwebs, I discovered Grilla Grills. I dug a few feet deeper and did some research...hey....wait a minute....these guys are INCREDIBLE. First, they only make 5 grills. A 60k BTU 4 tube burner gas grill/griddle called Primate, which comes with a 40lb cast iron griddle, all stainless construction, it's $1099 and is most likely the gas grill I will score after my little Weber lets me down eventually. They make the Kong Kamado grill which I CANT FUCKING WAIT TO SEE AND SMELL AND TOUCH AND POSSIBLY MAKE SWEET SWEET LOVE TO. Haha. Seriously though, this is the equivalent of the 2nd largest BGE, except it's $849 instead of $1399. This is what you get for that $1399 by the way:
Screenshot_20220518-032755.png

The whole frame of the egg is stamped steel...you know, the kind that RUSTS!! Every single piece of metal on the Kong is either non magnetic stainless or aluminum. Every single piece. Let's do some quick maths. $1399 for the XL Egg, $235 for the "nest" which is that stamped steel previously mentioned. So we are up to $1634 for an Egg with a stand. If you want some nice side tables, like the beautiful bamboo tables that come with the Kong, that will be another $149.95 for the ones made of accacia or for a further $50 you can get composite ones bringing the total to about $1800..or more if you went composite. The Kong also comes with two grates, you only get one with the XL BGE, giving approximately 50% more cooking area, 452"² vs 643"²...oh, and if you want to smoke on your new toy, the diffuser plate for the Kong is $64, the "convEGGtor" diffuser is a cool $129, making sure to leave your wallet extra light. So that brings the total to $1929 with the diffuser thing, the side wings, and the stand. I paid $1019 less and got a heavy stainless firebox divider and one of these new crazy looking grill brushes that are getting rave reviews. I win.
PSX_20220518_042848.jpg

Any of y'all fellas and fellettes seen one of these crazy new brushesds? I've seen em almost identical from a few places, and folks are digging em, so there's gotta be something cool going on. Will give a full report upon examination and field testing. It's been a shitty fucking week, I needed some good times. Really bad.

While I'm over here talking up Grilla, I might as well finish out what I know, they also have a very nice trio of pellet grills:
PSX_20220518_044048.jpg

(L to R) Chimp, Silverback, and the Original Grilla that started the company. The big two even come with a dozen bags of pellets if you buy one right now...just like the Kong is $120 off, they are giving it back real nice. I've been eyeing their prices for over a year, and this is the first time I've seen any change, so it's a legitimate great time to buy something. Also, being a direct to consumer company, there ain't no middlemans grabbing that kaysh. I will let y'all know exactly what a Grilla Kong feels and smells like when that guy comes here with my package. I'm really hyped and ready to be thoroughly disappointed or not. Haha. From what I've seen and researched, these guys are the real deal.

The following commercial advertisement was brought to you by BubbleCo™. A wholly owned subsidiary of BubbleStar Enterprises, a Dubble Bubble company. ©2028 BubbleStar Dubble Bubble®©™®%™
signal-2022-05-18-05-10-37-570.png

Last edited:
Back