PXL_20220404_230853282.jpg

Wife wanted "something that makes the house smell good all day" so here's some chicken cacciatore :glutton:

Greeny bringing it...looks awesome bro

Chicken Cacc is such a phenomenal dish when it's right. I like to throw about 250-300ml of dry white into mix and let it go for like 5 or 6 hours. I also like to pan sear the chicken so they look decent before they go in. It's so good when it's done though. I love long cooks, it's always packed with flavor, no matter what you're doing. It's the best after working outside in the slopp.

Greeny bringing it...looks awesome bro

Chicken Cacc is such a phenomenal dish when it's right. I like to throw about 250-300ml of dry white into mix and let it go for like 5 or 6 hours. I also like to pan sear the chicken so they look decent before they go in. It's so good when it's done though. I love long cooks, it's always packed with flavor, no matter what you're doing. It's the best after working outside in the slopp.
:d5: Red wine here and a little less, but added after the veggies are ready and to really scrape the goodness off the bottom of the pot before the tomato goes in, and cooked down to just wetness. Chicken gets seared in the Dutch oven with olive oil to get that fat to cook the onions and peppers in and that's like step 1 :headbang: Bone in skinless thighs but I grew up with legs and they're good too... 250 in the oven with the lid on for about 5 hours or into it smells right and 375 for half hour with the lid off to get it nice and thick and get the tomato sauce nice and roasty :vibe::pass:i also like to throw some black olives in when I take the lid off but nobody else in the house likes olives :smoking:

We had the fried chicken that I brined in the pickle juice. It was very good. We used this head of lettuce out of the garden for tonight's salad.

_DSC4609.JPG

This was breakfast today. Sous vide shrimp on a bed of hash browns, spring sprouts mix Blood Orange and espresso

_DSC4608.JPG

You guys are killin it.. I got Norovirus 2 months ago visiting my mom at the nursing home. My intestinal track is just getting better. I got IBS from it.
Can't wait to start cooking some real food again. 95% better now, but being extra careful.

Back