Was that from your latest cruise? I swear, wherever you seem to be eating sushi always looks so killer. That whiskey looks lovely too. I remember being an absolute fool when I was an invincible 20 dumbthing...I didn't like hwhiske. Now it's about the only thing I will buy besides tequila.... which I also didn't really like until I went to Mexico.

Bourbon is my favorite, so many new boutique distilleries. I'm happy with a nice wax capped Makers Mark though, just fancy enough to be special without the insane pricetag of something a little more exotic...and usually just as good in my opinion. Old Jim Beam didn't get where they are by luck.

Bottoms up. Cheers.:cheers:
Yeah the one we just got back from. We have a few spots that we can get the all you can eat sushi and it's pretty good. We did do the one on the cruise just
for something different.
For drinks I like it all but can also get myself in trouble once I've overindulged. I'll be on a break from drinking soon as it's been more of a daily then a social
here or there drink.

Alky can be a funny mistress. I had a drinking problem that was actually kind of medicinal. Haha. Being a tree guy in NY is what started it. Some of these jobs are what folks might consider a tad dangerous with a bit of scary tossed in for good measure. I'm also a folks, and I'm the one what has to get up there. I'm not scared of heights I don't think...but I'm certainly very aware of them. I have always had this weird mantra when I get over about 70 feet, I always triple check everything. Every click of a carabineer is visually checked. I don't have this issue at 40 feet...unless I'm in something super sketchy. In which case I want to be tied in as far as possible above that into something solid and reliable. Then that feeling goes away and I jump around like a monkey. Life is great when you're tied in 30 feet over your head, and those are usually awesome days. But then there is not those days...where you don't get to tie in other than a few feet ahead, or even worse, below you.

So I says to this guy "Hey buddy, how much you wanna bet that I can beat you in arm wrestling" and the guy looks at me and throws the meanest right hook this side of The Mississi-

Ohh sorry pardner, I must have drifted off for a spell. No where were we? Haha, try typing that three times fast, it's a weirdo. So these trees constantly want to fight me and end me because of how I'm such a threat to their existence. They got my number I tells ya. So I got in the habit of getting a little jassy before these freaking bushes started with me. I was drinking the tall 24oz cans of Genesee Ice made here in town. I would drink two and bring #3 with me up into the clouds. My crew knew exactly what time it was and got everything set up whilst I "stayed busy at the trucky" with a couple tall boys and my cell phone on my ear as part of my disguised. **Pro Tip** If anyone actually reads my ramblings, I highly recommend reading the words as I wrotem. Or don't. But it's fun.

So as you might have guessed, I developed a bit of a taste for that liquid courage. After a few tough trees like that, everything startsi looking scary...HAHAHA...soon it's just part of your morning routine, be that taking down car hoods (thicc pigs) over houses or a stroll around the block with the hwife. I stopped that about 2 years ago. I still drink, I fucking love the sauce...it's just not like that absolute need to constantly hold a frosty. Making me thirsty.

I did learn how to maintain a little buzz quite well though. That's all I want anyways...a little extra bounce baby.
PSX_20220324_044139.jpg

PSX_20220324_044325.jpg

I still make some food too. This is something that is just about done. A little sneak peek.
PSX_20220324_044449.jpg

Alky can be a funny mistress. I had a drinking problem that was actually kind of medicinal. Haha. Being a tree guy in NY is what started it. Some of these jobs are what folks might consider a tad dangerous with a bit of scary tossed in for good measure. I'm also a folks, and I'm the one what has to get up there. I'm not scared of heights I don't think...but I'm certainly very aware of them. I have always had this weird mantra when I get over about 70 feet, I always triple check everything. Every click of a carabineer is visually checked. I don't have this issue at 40 feet...unless I'm in something super sketchy. In which case I want to be tied in as far as possible above that into something solid and reliable. Then that feeling goes away and I jump around like a monkey. Life is great when you're tied in 30 feet over your head, and those are usually awesome days. But then there is not those days...where you don't get to tie in other than a few feet ahead, or even worse, below you.

So I says to this guy "Hey buddy, how much you wanna bet that I can beat you in arm wrestling" and the guy looks at me and throws the meanest right hook this side of The Mississi-

Ohh sorry pardner, I must have drifted off for a spell. No where were we? Haha, try typing that three times fast, it's a weirdo. So these trees constantly want to fight me and end me because of how I'm such a threat to their existence. They got my number I tells ya. So I got in the habit of getting a little jassy before these freaking bushes started with me. I was drinking the tall 24oz cans of Genesee Ice made here in town. I would drink two and bring #3 with me up into the clouds. My crew knew exactly what time it was and got everything set up whilst I "stayed busy at the trucky" with a couple tall boys and my cell phone on my ear as part of my disguised. **Pro Tip** If anyone actually reads my ramblings, I highly recommend reading the words as I wrotem. Or don't. But it's fun.

So as you might have guessed, I developed a bit of a taste for that liquid courage. After a few tough trees like that, everything startsi looking scary...HAHAHA...soon it's just part of your morning routine, be that taking down car hoods (thicc pigs) over houses or a stroll around the block with the hwife. I stopped that about 2 years ago. I still drink, I fucking love the sauce...it's just not like that absolute need to constantly hold a frosty. Making me thirsty.

I did learn how to maintain a little buzz quite well though. That's all I want anyways...a little extra bounce baby.
View attachment 1435841
View attachment 1435842

I still make some food too. This is something that is just about done. A little sneak peek.
View attachment 1435843
Dr Bubbles, you are the AFN version of Hemmingway.

You guys really gotta try this sometime, the whole family will love it and it's stupid simple to replicate. I stole it from my mom, who found it on Facebook.

You get a nice family pack of thick cut on the bone porkchops, a couple cans of Campbell's cream of mushroom, and a couple of Hidden Valley ranch dry packets. I like to throw some rough chopped onions in too, and a bag of frozen peas at the very end. Other than that, all you do is pan sear the chops on both sides in a cast iron skillet running wide open. It's so worth doing this part, which is not from the original....neither were the peas.

After searing the chops, deglaze the pan(s) with the chopped onions...and if needed, a splash of wine/beer/stock/coffee, whatever it don't matter. Put em in the bottom and put the onions and deglaze over them. Mix up the cream of mush with the ranch packs....one to one ratio. Add one for every couple pounds of chops. Slow cooker on high for 4 hours. Make some mashed potatoes and a green veggie and you got yourself a proper sitdown meal.

It's so good, the pork bones and brown bits from the hefty searing, along with the onion juice and pork juice mixing with the slow cooked mushroom soup and solid spice packet. I hate ranch. Like, HATE IT. This is not that whatsoever. It's more like a pot roast with phenomenal gravy. Seriously, give this a thought next time you go to the market. It takes about 4.5 hours on the dot...most of which is slow cooking exhilaration.

You don't even have to post it, just trust me here, y'all will love it, and it's the easiest and cheapest way to have a meal like that with killer gravy.

Here is the finished results from my pan seared ranch pork pot roast with baby russets w/ sour cream and chives, along with steamed brok w/ parmesan pepper butter sauce. I had some leftover pork and gravy and made the potatoes and broccoli.

Got a banger for Sunday eve...gonna do my birthday dinner tomorrow. I had that gorgeous beef sammiches for my actual birthday, but that wasn't supposed to be our special din. We were gonna do it tonight, but it got late and I wanted to use up those awesome pork chops. Two birds, one bullet kinda sitch. Mission accomplished....my god you guys, it's so freaking deep, the flavors are just tattooed in there. 9/10
PSX_20220327_032721.jpg

PSX_20220326_232200.jpg

Climbing in the winter is a perfect excuse to have something like this. That is Canandaigua Lake, the largest of The Finger Lakes, a world famous section of NY where the grass is always greener and stickier than elsewhere. I'm more of a two stroke guy m'self. These new four stroke motocross bikes sound like freaking lawnmowers!!! What were they thinking???

I had a craving for a "Filet-O-Fish" sandwich so I stopped by Whole Foods and the Chilean Black Sea Bass was on sale. What a fantastic sandwich it made.

_DSC4584.JPG
IMG_20220326_161435168[1895].jpg

The Marine Stewardship Council, an international environmental agency based in London, has certified as sustainable a small Chilean sea bass fishery in the South Georgia and South Sandwich Islands in the South Atlantic near Antarctica. Whole Foods says the fish it is selling comes only from that fishery.

Then this morning we had Huevos Rancheros made with Chile Verde.

_DSC4586.JPG

Ah...the infamous Patagonian Toothfish. The folks who wanted to sell it created the Seabass name to boost sales.

Our local old folks mart, aka Hegedorns, gets Chilean Sea Bass once in awhile and it is the most gorgeous looking pieces of fish I've ever seen in real life. Sadly, most Chilean Sea Bass is counterfeit. Time Magazine....or Life or People or some other publication of that stature, did a lab test and 85% of the fish was counterfeit. From high end restaurants in NYC & LA to boutique fishmongers. It was the norm.
I
t's quite expensive, so it absolutely makes sense. It's much harder to tell without the skin, so I only recommend buying it if it has skin. I am 1000% positive the fish at Heges was legit, it looked like this:
chileanseabassBAS_c9cac2d2-d350-4692-8c08-f47d6e39e9e3_1512x.jpg

Chilean-Sea-Bass.jpg

About $25 a pound, which is a very fair deal, it was mega fresh. The best looking fish I've ever seen through glass. They've apparently had it a handful of times, but I've only seen it twice. I believe that cod was the most commonly found alternative, and I can see why looking at that gorgeous hunks of toothfash.

And here's why:
img15745.jpg

361e4f633c5d85e9eb24c8343352c1e4.jpg

img67184.jpg

Two of these fish are not like the other....two of these fishies are not quite the same.

Malicious and devious. And I have a sneaking suspicion that most of the trickery is being done further up the pipeline. It's not the guy who runs the counter, it's the asshole selling it to him or one step higher even.

I love the Fillêt'O'Green idea!! 'Merican Cheese and all. You sammichs that fishes. Didn't stand a chance. Haha.

Back