Force meat?
Like, Throw it in a meat grinder?
Yes you can make a force meat in a grinder but you need to run it through a couple of times to get some of it pureed. It is easier to do it in a Cuisinart, cut your breasts into 1' pieces and then pulse process until part of the meat is emulsified and part is still pieces.

Yes you can make a force meat in a grinder but you need to run it through a couple of times to get some of it pureed. It is easier to do it in a Cuisinart, cut your breasts into 1' pieces and then pulse process until part of the meat is emulsified and part is still pieces.
Would you want to do it like you do making burgers, Where you leave or add a certain amount of fat?

Would you want to do it like you do making burgers, Where you leave or add a certain amount of fat?
You know the sky is the limit with force meats. I am trying to Clone Mikey D so minimal. I am already using too high a quality meat.

You know the sky is the limit with force meats. I am trying to Clone Mikey D so minimal. I am already using too high a quality meat.
I would add some rice flour to retain moisture. I am now craving nuggets.

_DSC4559.JPG

The 1 to 1 is mostly rice flour.

_DSC4562.JPG

All breaded and back into the freezer.

PS I milled the cornmeal into flour in the blender dry bowl.

Yes this worked quite well. It needs used oil for a heavier taste to be more like McNuggets. They are good!

_DSC4563.JPG
_DSC4564.JPG

I was going to show you the insides but I ate them with Grey Poupon
:glutton:

I'll make more.

The breading you want for McNughies is actually more like a thin tempura batter. Full liquid bonkers. And the other secret is blanch em. Cook em at a slightly lower temp for a couple mins and put em on a rack. When it's dinner time, drop em for about 6 or 7 minutes.

I used a hand crank cast iron grinder that came from my grandmother. Big screw auger forcing product through the selected plate. I used the small one for nuggies and the biggun for cow.

Try coming up with a thin tempura that is gluten free and see how that works if there is a next time.

The other secret to nailing the McNughies flavor is the dippin sauces. They have always had great sauces in my opinion. I love the hot mustard, and it's super easy to make. Just use a brown mustard as a base, like Guldens, with a dot of dijon...maybe one fifth, a pinch of cayenne, a splash of white vinegar and brown sugar to taste....I like it just a dog sweet. It's an incredible sauce to know and is fucking phenomenal for grilled pork and chicken as both a mopping and a finishing sauce. Just use less sugar for the mop.

Look at me....we go from Chkn McNughies to mops and buckets. I'm cry.

They don't have the same chew because of the gluten free flours but this thing is close.

_DSC4565.JPG

I am going to try cooking some in the air fryer tomorrow

We had the Tandoori chicken for linner tonight. Saffron rice and mixed cruciferous vegetables.

_DSC4566.JPG

PSX_20220117_193125.jpg

I was cleaning up some tools and took out my pliers and they looked so neat that I thought they should get shot. Then I thought I should share with you guys, who seem like this might be something you also enjoy.

I use these to cut and grab stuff. I also have other ones, but these are my best ones, and the collection that is in my alarmingly heavy "go" bag...for bringing tools with me to do things to stuff.

I got the big Channel-Lock lineman's pliers from my dad as well as the killer Klein stripper in blue and the Vicegrip slide lock pliers to the far right. I miss my daddy. He was quite the human.

Back