Beer bratwurst parboiled and finished in broiler. Wife didn’t want to go outside to light the grill. So don’t hate me little bit of ketchup, sauerkraut and onions. We ran out of spicy deli mustard and I don’t care for plain yellow mustard. Then another green kale salad with a creamy bacon dressing.
705B2E1A-BA92-47D7-A09D-F40F5937025E.jpeg

In case you didn't notice, ima dummy. I went all out for some steak bombers: 32oz flank steak, shitake musrams, garlic paste, a splash of hot saws, onions, banana pepps, a fresh American baguette with sesame's. I made that thing. And didnts take a pictus.

Here's the stuf. I even grilled the flank steak to about 130° on the gas. From there it went in the freezer for an hour...and then got shaved like a puffer.
PXL_20220404_070959229.jpg

Sometime after that banger, I went to the local fast food bazaar. It was all decorated in the glorious color scheme of ketchup and yellow ketchup. And it was all Mick this and Mick that. Maybe it's Australian?? Throw another shrimp on the barb ya fuckin lollygagger. I ordered a Dubble QP with bacon. That is the best burger they slang in my tiny house.

Bam?
PXL_20220408_094018353.jpg

After that Mick Smmucha, I had some more eating what needed doing, so I took the leftover stakes..and drove them straight into my ex wife's stooppid monkey face and piled whatever came out the other side into a toasty kaiser roll. With slaw.
PXL_20220409_023249070.jpg

PXL_20220409_023258049.jpg

Beer bratwurst parboiled and finished in broiler. Wife didn’t want to go outside to light the grill. So don’t hate me little bit of ketchup, sauerkraut and onions. We ran out of spicy deli mustard and I don’t care for plain yellow mustard. Then another green kale salad with a creamy bacon dressing.
View attachment 1441840
I didn't even like mustard until I got the dummy out. It started with NB...she's a mustard girl. She made grilled mustard chicken and blew me away. From there it was a learning curve with a bit of tasting and sampling along the way. Whoda thunk that by sweeting up some mustard, it gets easy to dip your toes in.

Try the hot mustard dippity doo from that yellow and red place with the Grimmace (see previous post for further elaboration)

Today, I am that guy with 6 different kinds of mustard. I still hate yella mustard though...BUT, it's the one to use for a generic grill duty, because it's cheap, and more importantly, because it's strong. I always have to add some spicy brown on top of the Yella, just because I don't even like the look of the neon yellow dummi.

I bet that a lot of folks who "don't like mustard" have no clue what they are missing. That French's Guy needs to be executed. Perhaps the guillotine would be appropriate? I guarantee there is millions of folks who got their mustard fantasies dashed because of the that guy.

f only they knews the errors of theyr wais.

How do you guys make coleslaw?

I use this package of magic called Fresh Success from Concord Foods. I have been unable to make it without. I tried twice, but it wasn't the same. That's why I calls it magic, because I've been able to reproduce almost every spice blend/sauce that I've attempted...except this. Looking at the ingredients list, I spy some magic in the form or buttermilk powder that I don't have access to, and I think that's the magic. I literally have ten bags of the dry mix....because reasons. Honestly, it's leftovers from my mom's funeral party, but even before that I liked to have a few on hand.

I like my slaw dry but right. The exact right amount of wet to do the job without leaving a puddle behind. I don't use the directions, I add about 60% of a pouch to a stout quarter cup of Hellman's, with a cap and half of white vinegar, and about a teaspoon of black pepp. The buttermilk turns the dressing a light creamy yellow. I love adding purple cabbage, but it starts to stain everything after about 12 hours, so that is more for special occasions.

LIGHT BULB MOMENT!!!! Maybe I should make the dressing and divide it in twain. That way I could have purple 'bages and not have purple dye...only dress half and save the other half for when the first half runs dry!!! Nice.

Anyways, that's my secret family recipe. How does you all famz make your traditional slaws?

And while it's on my mind, a solid shout-out to Concord. Keep an eye out for a spinning peg board type display at your local bodegas and hypermarts. They have similar sized dry pouches of all kinds of wonderful shenanigans.

I first tried this package called "Potato Topping" which has bacon bits, sour cream, buttermilk, garlic, onion, salt, pepper, etc. It's really good. I actually think it's better for mashed potatoes, but good baked taters are sorta like mashed budaydas so different but same same. Next up was the homemade onion ring batter. Incredible. If you've never made onion rings from scratch, try this...I can almost guarantee that they will be among the finest rings you've ever had. And then there is the slaw mix which I've never tried. Okay, that last part wasn't completely true. But I imagine the other dozen or so baggages they have are equally impressive.

Give it a go.

Storck Chocolate Riesen Misses Lange.

Haha....that's the first sentence I ever typed where every word was capital letters.

Riesnens are bomb.

And Micheal....if that is your real name...for God sakes man, you need help my dude. You look about as interesting as a paper bag in a bag factory.

Any of you fellow grandpas remember that commercial?

How do you guys make coleslaw?

I use this package of magic called Fresh Success from Concord Foods. I have been unable to make it without. I tried twice, but it wasn't the same. That's why I calls it magic, because I've been able to reproduce almost every spice blend/sauce that I've attempted...except this. Looking at the ingredients list, I spy some magic in the form or buttermilk powder that I don't have access to, and I think that's the magic. I literally have ten bags of the dry mix....because reasons. Honestly, it's leftovers from my mom's funeral party, but even before that I liked to have a few on hand.

I like my slaw dry but right. The exact right amount of wet to do the job without leaving a puddle behind. I don't use the directions, I add about 60% of a pouch to a stout quarter cup of Hellman's, with a cap and half of white vinegar, and about a teaspoon of black pepp. The buttermilk turns the dressing a light creamy yellow. I love adding purple cabbage, but it starts to stain everything after about 12 hours, so that is more for special occasions.

LIGHT BULB MOMENT!!!! Maybe I should make the dressing and divide it in twain. That way I could have purple 'bages and not have purple dye...only dress half and save the other half for when the first half runs dry!!! Nice.

Anyways, that's my secret family recipe. How does you all famz make your traditional slaws?
Coleslaw Recipe

1 Cup Mayo (Best Foods/Hellman's)
2 – Tbsp. Sugar
2 – Tbsp. Cider Vinegar
2 – tsp. Pepper
1/2 – tsp. Salt
1/2 - tsp. Dry Mustard
¼ - tsp. Celery Seed (I use more)

My wife pulls some low carb coleslaw recipe offline or we just do it the quick way using the Marie’s/Litehouse dressing from supermarket. Just don’t over dress and it comes out good.

Back