Afternoon Delight™
PSX_20220410_121303.jpg

Sausage sammys yesterday:

_DSC4610.JPG
_DSC4611.JPG

I thought I had a picture of it done but I must have ate it :rofl:

For dinner I made Mushroom and Turkey Stroganoff. GF & Bovine Free

First I made the sour cream substitute. It is absolutely delicious and very similar to the dairy product in flavor and texture! I cannot wait to try it on baked potatoes tomorrow.

2022-04-09_20-12-15.jpg

Since I have a Vitamix I did not need to soak the cashews. I had to double the recipe for the size of the blender.

_DSC4612.JPG
_DSC4613.JPG

Browned some mixed mushrooms and sweet onion in goat butter and olive oil, Browned some ground turkey mixed with a little oatmilk and no beef stock in another pan. Brought it all together with some oat milk and pasta water. Boiled the corn pasta in chicken stock. Served in a bowl and topped with the mock Sour Cream.

_DSC4615.JPG

_DSC4614.JPG

_DSC4616.JPG

_DSC4617.JPG
_DSC4618.JPG
_DSC4619.JPG
_DSC4620.JPG

This was the best "Not" Beef Stroganoff I have made to date.

Feeling really strong about having a baked potato for dinner tomorrow night. Potatoes are the forbidden diabetic fruit.

Sausage sammys yesterday:

View attachment 1443762View attachment 1443763

I thought I had a picture of it done but I must have ate it :rofl:

For dinner I made Mushroom and Turkey Stroganoff. GF & Bovine Free

First I made the sour cream substitute. It is absolutely delicious and very similar to the dairy product in flavor and texture! I cannot wait to try it on baked potatoes tomorrow.

View attachment 1443773

Since I have a Vitamix I did not need to soak the cashews. I had to double the recipe for the size of the blender.

View attachment 1443764View attachment 1443765

Browned some mixed mushrooms and sweet onion in goat butter and olive oil, Browned some ground turkey mixed with a little oatmilk and no beef stock in another pan. Brought it all together with some oat milk and pasta water. Boiled the corn pasta in chicken stock. Served in a bowl and topped with the mock Sour Cream.

View attachment 1443767

View attachment 1443766
View attachment 1443768
View attachment 1443769View attachment 1443770View attachment 1443771View attachment 1443772

This was the best "Not" Beef Stroganoff I have made to date.

Feeling really strong about having a baked potato for dinner tomorrow night. Potatoes are the forbidden diabetic fruit.
I've never seen corn pasta but sounds delicious. Might have to find some for summer pasta salads :smoking:

I've never seen corn pasta but sounds delicious. Might have to find some for summer pasta salads :smoking:
You will want the Ditalini style. Cook longer than package says and use copious amounts of olive oil ASAP when cooled or it will stick. It is more toothsome than Salmalina.

2022-04-10_20-40-25.jpg

Right on. :d5: Ditalini is my kids favorite pasta in soup when he's sick. I can't agree with olive oil on pasta ever though. My grandmother would slap the shit out of me for that :crying: You might be totally right but I kinda try to keep grandma and great grandma's cooking rules whenever I get an opportunity. But I'm excited to try the corn pasta since some of the best sweet corn you'll ever have grows around here

Right on. :d5: Ditalini is my kids favorite pasta in soup when he's sick. I can't agree with olive oil on pasta ever though. My grandmother would slap the shit out of me for that :crying: You might be totally right but I kinda try to keep grandma and great grandma's cooking rules whenever I get an opportunity. But I'm excited to try the corn pasta since some of the best sweet corn you'll ever have grows around here
If you don't use oil on your cold pasta what do you use to keep it from sticking?

If you don't use oil on your cold pasta what do you use to keep it from sticking?
Straight to just enough mayo or melted seasoned butter to keep it from sticking for pasta salad, and then add some cold pasta water to loosen it up before putting on the table. Red sauce or chicken stock and butter and white wine for warm food generally. Only takes a couple spoonfulls. Was always told the oil will keep the good stuff from binding with the pasta and will make more of a pasta with sauce type thing instead of a homogeneous kinda vibe with the pasta

In case you didn't notice, ima dummy. I went all out for some steak bombers: 32oz flank steak, shitake musrams, garlic paste, a splash of hot saws, onions, banana pepps, a fresh American baguette with sesame's. I made that thing. And didnts take a pictus.

Here's the stuf. I even grilled the flank steak to about 130° on the gas. From there it went in the freezer for an hour...and then got shaved like a puffer.
View attachment 1442860

Sometime after that banger, I went to the local fast food bazaar. It was all decorated in the glorious color scheme of ketchup and yellow ketchup. And it was all Mick this and Mick that. Maybe it's Australian?? Throw another shrimp on the barb ya fuckin lollygagger. I ordered a Dubble QP with bacon. That is the best burger they slang in my tiny house.

Bam?
View attachment 1442858

After that Mick Smmucha, I had some more eating what needed doing, so I took the leftover stakes..and drove them straight into my ex wife's stooppid monkey face and piled whatever came out the other side into a toasty kaiser roll. With slaw.
View attachment 1442859
View attachment 1443103
WOW !!!:glutton::love:

Wife surprised me with dinner last night. She has sous vide some New York strip steaks and reversed seared them in cast iron pan with brown butter. Then she found some recipe for a keto cold broccoli salad and for us that are still having carbs a baked potato.
F4E7EBDA-35C6-4044-9138-396012CBDF03.jpeg
10E4986B-53F7-4A14-A68E-AD2899715EFA.jpeg

Back