That is one heck of good-looking bowl of pozole, dressed to the 9s I was out with my friend and ordered pozole his really you are gonna order a bowl of soup. Then they brought it with pork and chicken pieces and then he understood it was more than a meal. The onions on that burger look special as well!
Thanks buddy! In my opinion, pozole is as much about the toppings as it is the soup. I like to make it about once a month, especially this time of year.

Yea, I think the onions on that burger got sautéed in some butter prior to finding a home underneath some American cheese..which in my opinion is the optimal burger cheese.:haha:

This is a TKO.

2022-02-04_21-14-30.jpg

:funny::crying::crying::rofl::rofl:

Well just another ordinary breakfast. Oil massaged Kale and a meat stack (homemade chicken sausage patty, Mesquite smoked turkey, turkey ham and a slice of Swiss process cheese food) Espresso. I eat this for breakfast when I had too many carbs the day before.

View attachment 1009096
If that's an ordinary breakfast, I can only imagine what you do for special occasions! :biggrin:

I would not even know what to order. How do you roast them at home? I have seen them roasted in a big SS cement mixer thingee.
I have some coffee that is frickin blonde that I ended up with, can it be roasted darker?
Grind that blonde coffee up and feed it to the compost pile. If the roasting of coffee is interrupted that is it - it is over you only get one shot at it.

I started roasting coffee in a pop corn air popper. Not a great device but will get the job done. I have built and bought various devices over the past 8 years. I use a drum roaster now.

2022-02-04_21-39-55.jpg

I has a bunch of programs that may or may not work, I don't use them. I roast by sound, smell and smoke. The start of first crack means it is about 90 seconds to fullcity and another 15 or 20 seconds to fullcity+. These are my preferred roast levels for espresso.

sweet-marias-roasted-coffee-color-card-v4-back2-1.jpg

Grind that blonde coffee up and feed it to the compost pile. If the roasting of coffee is interrupted that is it - it is over you only get one shot at it.

I started roasting coffee in a pop corn air popper. Not a great device but will get the job done. I have built and bought various devices over the past 8 years. I use a drum roaster now.

View attachment 1415886

I has a bunch of programs that may or may not work, I don't use them. I roast by sound, smell and smoke. The start of first crack means it is about 90 seconds to fullcity and another 15 or 20 seconds to fullcity+. These are my preferred roast levels for espresso.

View attachment 1415968
I have a popcorn popper and I have a place that is about 1.5 miles away called Coffeemaria that fresh roasts and sells green beans. I actually think there are three different roasters in that industrial park. I actually was looking on the internet and about 8 blocks down the street is one as well. I have been drinking French roast but want to take it down a notch or two. I am going to have to go check these places out.

I have a popcorn popper and I have a place that is about 1.5 miles away called Coffeemaria that fresh roasts and sells green beans. I actually think there are three different roasters in that industrial park. I actually was looking on the internet and about 8 blocks down the street is one as well. I have been drinking French roast but want to take it down a notch or two. I am going to have to go check these places out.
If they are roasting good beans to the profile you want then by all means buy their beans! I find most espresso roasts are best from the 5th to tenth day off the roast. Then you must have a good quality burr grinder. I have the Barratza Vario. If you are buying for cup coffee then City+ to fullcity roasts will be ready to drink after about 3 days to about 9 days off the roast.

Speaking of coffee…. I recently got a moka pot and have been getting some kick ass beans from a local roaster
View attachment 1416078View attachment 1416079
Ooooh La La.

Back