Chicken, fish, broccoli and yams. Whoda thunk it? It's like fucking Christmas over hmya.

PXL_20220124_053808246.jpg

Ribeye, U15 Black Tiger Prawns, russet with sour cream and chives and roasted cauliflower

I busted out the Kettle and scored some Kingsford Mesquite Briquettes. Used my Web chimney and played in the snow. I didn't want to struggle with heat with the propane, it was only like 22°F outside. Baby it's cold outside. So, the solution is to jam a bunch of charcoal into the kettle and all the heating issues go away. This was so good, I made four plates like that....I shoulda gotta pic of all of em.

So the doorbell rings about 45 mins ago. It's like 3:30am. It's NB's little sister's boytoy. He was gettin gassy at the pub and put his trucky into a ditch. He then proceeded to walk here, which took him an hour and a half. No phone, no jacket, no hat or gloves. You'd think he was new to NY. Hey dumbo, it's fucking January in upstate NY bro. Just saying.

What a dummis.

Hey fam,
Whats happening with y'all? It's too quiet round here. Where's my man Greeny? How ya been stranger? How about old Bushy? You been cooking something outside. I'm gonna officially derail this thread and have a little therapy sesh. If ya don't mind If ya do, maybe just smash that like button and tell me to fack off and cook some weak ass hamburgers.

It's been a busy week. I am now the proud owner of an LG C1 OLED television in 65" trim. I had a Sony Bravia 46" 1080p LED and thought that was just fine...that is, until I got a Series X Xbox. I felt like my old Sony wasn't doing it any favors...so I decided to make the 4K jump. I was truly amazed at how good it looked at my friend's house, and mine didn't look nearly as good on my Sony. So I went to BJs with the sidecar and looked at some televisions. They had a HUGE ass Samsung 85" for about $2 grand that looked great and was absolutely massive. She was like "Maybe we should get this one" as she was pointing at the 85. It absolutely dwarfed the 75" that was sitting next to it. The thing about looking at TVs at BJs is the size of the store. The ceilings are like 25 feet all day..the place is fucking massive. It makes TVs shrink dramatically.

Pro Tip* Bring a tape measure and your phone to take some snapshots of the exact model numbers. BJs tends to carry the mid to lower end, but it is all fairly priced and you can get a sense of the sizes in person if that's all that is available....I recommend Best Buy if you're looking for something higher end.

So I went home with that 85" in my head and I did some research. It's big. But after doing some measuring, I decided that a 65" was more suited to the room. Remember, pixels grow with the display size, so a smaller screen will always be sharper at a given resolution. So anyway, I did some homework. After said homework, it was pretty much a no brainer to grab the C1. It's got 5 star reviews across the board, and is pretty much universally hailed as the best bang/buck TV that has ever been made. The C1 comes in all kinds of sizes, from 48 all the way up to 83". The 55 and 65 seem to be the most popular. I also found out that LG makes all the OLED panels for everybody. Like literally every single one....at least for the decent brands (Sony, Sam, Vizio). If you haven't experienced the fucking MAGIC of an OLED display, you owe it to yourself. My god. It's like a window into the world. OLED has no backlighting, the pixels are self illuminated, so the blacks are out of this world, as is the color....it's MESMERIZING.

It also runs at a a ridiculous 120hz refresh, with a sub 1.5ms response. It's even got Nvidia G-Sync for your PC gaming enjoyment....and this thing is like 3 millimeters thick, I'm not even joking. It makes my Google Pixel 4XL look like a brick, it's less than half the thickness. I am a happy camper. I watched that game between Buffalo and KC the other night....what a fucking nail biter!!! Man, that was one of the best games I've ever watched, it went right down to the last 3 seconds. Buffalo got robbed hard. I am the official home of the Super Bowl this February, so if you're in Rochester, hit me up!! I'll make you a Sammie!!!

Hahaha, but I would do it if Greeny or Frank the Tank the Dank or Bushy or that ol bobcat fella or my boy Green Hornet or any of you super regulars. Come on down!!

I made one other move that is life changing...we got kittens!!! Ever since our beloved Felix disappeared the day before Halloween. Still shook up about that. We got a pair of teeny dummis. They are freaking twins!! We had to tie a string around their necks to tell em apart. I can tell now, but it took a day. We haven't named them yet, I am big on names and it had to be perfect. Soon my babies. Soon.

Say hello to my little friend(s)
PXL_20220125_134503018.MP.jpg

They're so tiny!!! Just 8 weeks old. The one with the purple string has claimed me as Jesus. Almost instantly, the fastest I've ever bonded with an animal. He is awesome. Now to think of a perfect name....

And then do it again. Damn naming part is such an important step. Aren't they just adorable?

Happy Anniversary Helen, keep reaching for the stars. Back to you Janet.

@Dr.Bubbles I have been too busy with my truck rebuild to do much picture taking - too lazy! @bushmasterar15 has been ill and not posting. Hope he gets better soon.

Those kittens are so cute. Names are important. We like to choose names from ancient Egypt since they were among the first to raise cat's stature in history. We have had Horus, Bast and Ra in the past and our cat now is named Anu.:rofl:

@Cave Dirt Cody you have some tasty looking food! Why not share it in here also?
No problem. Didn’t even realize what was going on here. I like to cook. Should do more of it. :pass:
my ham and egg sandwich I made to celebrate my hens stating to lay again.
C95CE9E0-F77A-4B7E-8877-CC2BF890357E.jpeg
8C4D8AE0-5F59-4C43-BB79-7A8C6EE57871.jpeg

The one has a name, I named him Boogie. It's the nickname of Mesa Boogie, the original boutique guitar amp builder from California. The owner of the company used to repair and modify Fender amps back in the 70s. He took a Fender Princeton combo and shoved a 12" guitar speaker in it, and rewired it to boost it's power significantly. Carlos Santana heard it and said "Wow, that thing really boogies"...and Mesa/Boogie was officially born, and has been called Boogie ever since. They invented high gain amps, and metal wouldn't have evolved the way it did without them.

Back