Yeah, I'm with Greeny in this one, kimchi is awesome and doesn't smell off putting one bit. It's fucking amazing on a burger or good sausage, like some fresh smoked kielbasa or brats or even some Italian sausage.

I think you may have had a bad batch. It has a good shelf life if it's been properly refrigerated. Sauerkraut is more likely to be stronger from what I've had.

The sauerkraut factory out here smells like human waste after a night of smoked pork and cheap beer. You can smell it from a mile. Same thing with the high end soap factory. Holy shit, I didn't know smells could get that strong.

It's funny how SUPER strong smells can tie your memory tight. For example, about 30 years ago my mom opened a Tupperware with old fish and it made the house smell for 2 days. I also got bombarded sleeping in a tent by anhydrous ammonia based fertilizer on a corn field. I was seriously pissed off, I woke up with a splitting headache and my eyes were just gushing. It was terrible.

I scored some 13-15 black tiger shrimp at Aldi today for $11.99 a pound. Absolutely gorgeous, I butterflied em and got em marinating for the grill. They came deveined, but I like to go deep on the butterfly for such pigs, these things are monsters. I scored some Irish butter to make ghee with. These are gonna be incredible.

Not bad for $24. Me and the misses are gonna be eating like kings.View attachment 1399096View attachment 1399098View attachment 1399099

Leave shell on, marinate in Italian overnight...crank the grill...cook about 4 mins per side with some garlic butter melt, and dip em in ghee.

More at 11:00. Back to you Janet.
I will have to get a new batch. The fresh sauerkraut is actually very mild.

Oh,,,,,,, Doc you are not inducted into the world of making Kimchi. I had a Korean roommate that made good Kimchi. For a week or more that ferment stinks to the high heavens. Your clothes would smell like it after walking through the porch where he fermented it. Once it got refrigerated it calmed down. He used some kind of dried fish?

Brunch with biscuits cheese and bacon w/splash of ketchup. :chef:
Bacon cheese biquit.JPG

Attachments

• Bisquits.JPG
    Bisquits.JPG
    371.7 KB · Views: 25
Christmas Dinner. Only during the holidays can you find this cut of pork here. You may be lucky enough to live where it is more common.

_DSC4271.JPG

I don't know if it is special meat of just the way it is cut bone in but it cooks better than a boneless loin. This is too much for just Ms. MOG and me. I cut and packaged some for sous vide.

_DSC4272.JPG

I used Lawery's Garlic Salt an pepper on the 4 bone roast and convection baked at 375°F until 145°F internal temp. Let rest 10 minutes.

_DSC4274.JPG
_DSC4275.JPG

Mashed Golden potatoes with goat butter and oat milk salt&pepper. Artichoke hearts with gluten free Panko and fresh herbs & olive oil. Cranberry Sauce (from the freezer) This sauce is as beautiful as the day I made it. It freezes so well!

_DSC4276.JPG
_DSC4277.JPG
_DSC4278.JPG
_DSC4280.JPG

For desert we have carrot cake muffin with Coco Whip non-dairy topping, homemade dairy free caramel accompanied by a double shot long black decaf of "Donkey Decaf Blend" by Sweet Maria's roasted to Vienna.

_DSC4281.JPG

Oh so good!

Attachments

• _DSC4273.JPG
    _DSC4273.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 22
Christmas Dinner. Only during the holidays can you find this cut of pork here. You may be lucky enough to live where it is more common.

View attachment 1400987

I don't know if it is special meat of just the way it is cut bone in but it cooks better than a boneless loin. This is too much for just Ms. MOG and me. I cut and packaged some for sous vide.

View attachment 1400988

I used Lawery's Garlic Salt an pepper on the 4 bone roast and convection baked at 375°F until 145°F internal temp. Let rest 10 minutes.

View attachment 1400990View attachment 1400991

Mashed Golden potatoes with goat butter and oat milk salt&pepper. Artichoke hearts with gluten free Panko and fresh herbs & olive oil. Cranberry Sauce (from the freezer) This sauce is as beautiful as the day I made it. It freezes so well!

View attachment 1400992View attachment 1400993View attachment 1400994View attachment 1400996

For desert we have carrot cake muffin with Coco Whip non-dairy topping, homemade dairy free caramel accompanied by a double shot long black decaf of "Donkey Decaf Blend" by Sweet Maria's roasted to Vienna.

View attachment 1400997

Oh so good!
They are different than a loin they leave the darker meat and the fat on. They sell the pork chops like that at one of the stores by me. They call them cowboy pork chops and they are the best.

That is a sweet looking pork block...it almost looks like the not bef version of a standing rib roast. I usually stay away from the loin, except for BJs who has this awesome thick cut loin chops. I usually find it dry and uninspired. NB and her kid sister are also in this group. We would like that though...the bones do so much and that doesn't look dry and overly lean. I approve. That's a gf dinner I would love to eat...and those muffin things look so denk. I HATE DRY BAKED GOODS!!!!! (see figure 1a)

PSX_20211226_191036.jpg

figure 1a

Hope everyone had a fucking banger of a Holiday season...one more to go. Me and the ole bootstrap bajoyna haver took a personal day yesterday. Worst Christmas ever? Possibly. Now that I'm an orphan, the fucking tooth fairy stopped coming. Santa was like 'Skip Dr.Bubbles, he's been extra naughty and ole Santa feels like being a dick". Hey, old man Winter...zip it before I break your fucking hip. That's right. We'll see who's laughing the next time he takes out the magic school bus. I put a few ounces of laboratory grade methamphetamine in his milk stash and cut the brake lines on his sled. I'm quite proud of the brake line trimming... you ever climbed around one of those things? It's like a Swiss watch under there for fucks sake. Maybe I shoulda thought this through first, I have a tendency to leap without looking. What was I thinking?? Why did I waste all that meth? I could have just bonked him on the head quick, a little blunt force trauma isn't even that bad, it builds character. I have a feeling this will be going on my permanent record. I just wanted a fucking Axe FX tubby. You got those slaves what build the toys. Make me something sick. But no. No fun for you, and now we got this whole incident that is set in motion. By the time this is over, my arms are gonna look like Popeye. These holes aren't gonna dig themselves. I really should get a digging machine, it's not a bad investment if you have lots of holes what need crafting. It feels like I've been wronged somehow. What did I do to deserve all this????

Oh. Yeah, that. Oops.

On a less sinister note, Bubble sister clan has been all sickey with the damn plague. I already was exposed to it a week ago....and my lungs have been heavy since. Yay. I missed my monthly plague doctor appointment...those damn harpies and their siren calls. Get a job ya hippies. Speaking of 'being exposed', I've been exposed to juggs. Lots of juggs. Boobs everywhere. I've seen ALL the boobs in that family. All 4 sisters, their mom, cousins, aunts...the only one I haven't seen is grandma. Does it help that they are hot? Guys are always chasing these bitches around. It got me.

Now that we are alone...check this out
(see figure 2)

You ever seen a dead body? I had a whole fucking pile of dead bodies. It was a fucking slaughter. No....not like that. At least wait until I got some liquor in me if you want to do that. Check out this carnage, and I didn't even have to dig any holes!!!

PSX_20211226_182700.jpg

Grilled skrimps skrampy. (figure 2)

Butter, garlic, lemon, white wine, parmesan. I would put these ahead of any grilled shrimp that I've ever had. 13-15 black tiger prawns, scampied and butterflied and grilt to purrfection. Now you save me a couple skramps meow. I get angry when I get shorted on big shrimpin'

Last edited:
That is a sweet looking pork block...it almost looks like the not bef version of a standing rib roast. I usually stay away from the loin, except for BJs who has this awesome thick cut loin chops. I usually find it dry and uninspired. NB and her kid sister are also in this group. We would like that though...the bones do so much and that doesn't look dry and overly lean. I approve. That's a gf dinner I would love to eat...and those muffin things look so denk. I HATE DRY BAKED GOODS!!!!! (see figure 1a)

View attachment 1401218
figure 1a

Hope everyone had a fucking banger of a Holiday season...one more to go. Me and the ole bootstrap bajoyna haver took a personal day yesterday. Worst Christmas ever? Possibly. Now that I'm an orphan, the fucking tooth fairy stopped coming. Santa was like 'Skip Dr.Bubbles, he's been extra naughty and ole Santa feels like being a dick". Hey, old man Winter...zip it before I break your fucking hip. That's right. We'll see who's laughing the next time he takes out the magic school bus. I put a few ounces of laboratory grade methamphetamine in his milk stash and cut the brake lines on his sled. I'm quite proud of the brake line trimming... you ever climbed around one of those things? It's like a Swiss watch under there for fucks sake. Maybe I shoulda thought this through first, I have a tendency to leap without looking. What was I thinking?? Why did I waste all that meth? I could have just bonked him on the head quick, a little blunt force trauma isn't even that bad, it builds character. I have a feeling this will be going on my permanent record. I just wanted a fucking Axe FX tubby. You got those slaves what build the toys. Make me something sick. But no. No fun for you, and now we got this whole incident that is set in motion. By the time this is over, my arms are gonna look like Popeye. These holes aren't gonna dig themselves. I really should get a digging machine, it's not a bad investment if you have lots of holes what need crafting. It feels like I've been wronged somehow. What did I do to deserve all this????

Oh. Yeah, that. Oops.

On a less sinister note, Bubble sister clan has been all sickey with the damn plague. I already was exposed to it a week ago....and my lungs have been heavy since. Yay. I missed my monthly plague doctor appointment...those damn harpies and their siren calls. Get a job ya hippies. Speaking of 'being exposed', I've been exposed to juggs. Lots of juggs. Boobs everywhere. I've seen ALL the boobs in that family. All 4 sisters, their mom, cousins, aunts...the only one I haven't seen is grandma. Does it help that they are hot? Guys are always chasing these bitches around. It got me.

Now that we are alone...check this out
(see figure 2)

You ever seen a dead body? I had a whole fucking pile of dead bodies. It was a fucking slaughter. No....not like that. At least wait until I got some liquor in me if you want to do that. Check out this carnage, and I didn't even have to dig any holes!!!

View attachment 1401220
Grilled skrimps skrampy. (figure 2)

Butter, garlic, lemon, white wine, parmesan. I would put these ahead of any grilled shrimp that I've ever had. 13-15 black tiger prawns, scampied and butterflied and grilt to purrfection. Now you save me a couple skramps meow. I get angry when I get shorted on big shrimpin'
Pure Genius!

@Dr.Bubbles MS. MOG has adapted many recipes to GF. The carrot cake and persimmon banana nut bread are two we have at the moment. Instead of making loaves she made muffins out of them. They are frozen. 30 seconds in the microwave and they are like fresh. Both recipes are for a moist product, almost a pudding.

I gotta tell ya the real star is the dairy free caramel Ms. MOG made with coconut cream!

Back