Chinese style chicken salad

View attachment 1394743View attachment 1394744View attachment 1394745View attachment 1394746

My dressing starts with Herbox Chicken Bullion it must be fresh and dry (free running) I have found that if you put a piece of saran wrap over the top before the lid it stays fresh longer.

View attachment 1394751

1.5 Tbsp. of the Herbox Chicken Bouillon
1.5 Tbsp. Freeze dried Parsley (or 3 Tbsp. fresh)
2 tsp. fresh ground black pepper
1 Tbsp. Sugar
1.5 tsp. Dry Mustard
2 tsp. fresh grated ginger root. (or more if you like it)
5 Tbsp. Rice wine vinegar
5 Tbsp. Apple Cider vinegar
2 Tbsp. Light Olive Oil
1 tsp. Toasted Sesame Oil.
I usually go with soy, rice wine, sesame oil, and sugar, black pepper, and toasted sesame seeds. Most of the salads I eat are cabbage now. Love napa!

I usually go with soy, rice wine, sesame oil, and sugar, black pepper, and toasted sesame seeds.
add to the above, minced garlic, crumbled bacon, diced hard boiled egg and serve over fresh baby spinach. One of my favorites!

add to the above, minced garlic, crumbled bacon, diced hard boiled egg and serve over fresh baby spinach. One of my favorites!
Is that a warm salad?

And cabbage is fucking phenomenal. I've been on a slaw kick.

Any napa secrets? My friend made some sauteed Chinese veggies in a takeout worthy garlic sauce that absolutely blew me away. Napa, shoots, red pepper, scallion, onion, broccoli. It was phenomenal. Is Napa good for cooking or better raw? Tell me your secrets!!

I busted out the slow cooker and made seared ranch pork chops with mirapoix, with some proper steamed potato puree and some stir fried sugar snaps. Oh. My. God. It's just what the Doctor ordered. It is too, because I ordered it. But yeah, the snow is here. Perfect cold weather dish.

HIGHLY RECOMMEND.

Thick center cut pork chops on the bone. I like BJs, they cut em extra thiccc. Whatever looks good and is on the bone and thick. Salt them up and let em sit for an hour to dry the outside and then sear em in a cast iron turned all the way up... until they have this beautiful mahogany color. About 5 mins per side in a screamin hot iron.

Put em aside and immediately put a little granulated garlic and Worcestershire over them. I use a sheet pan, and then use a spatula to get all the joosey in the pot.

Baby carrots, onions, celery all chopped....use those to deglaze the hot cast iron. I use a full bag of baby carrots, 2 onions course chopped and a few stalks of celery also course.

Mix Campbell's Cream of Mushroom with Hidden Valley Ranch dry packets....one soup to one package. I used two of each and made 6 chops...with all the vegg...It was enough to serve 5-6 very hungry dummis. I didn't. I saved some for tonight. Tee hee.

Bust out the slow cooker and put the mahogany chops in the bottom. Put the mirapoux on top of that. Put the soup mix over that...season with a splash or two of balsamic and some fresh garlic.

Cook for 4 hours on "high"...basically until the carrots are done, it seems they always take the longest. I cut mine in half the long way, but it doesn't help much. When there is an hour left on the clock, dump a full bag of frozen peas in.

Make some mashed potatoes and a nice green side.

Serve it with some dinner rolls fresh out the oven.

Phenomenal and simple. It's basically impossible to screw up other than the searing of the chops. Just make sure to deglaze every vessel thoroughly and get it all in there, and don't be scared of the heat. If in doubt use a high smoke point oil or ghee for the searing, but I honestly just used canola oil. It was RIGHT at the edge, and I smoked the house up lovely, but that's what windas are for.

Use good pot holders too, those cast iron handles are one step away from glowing if you're doing it right.
PSX_20211210_235351.jpg

I didn't take a plate pic, so here is what it should looks like
PSX_20210614_001944.jpg

It's AMAZING guys

@Dr.Bubbles Yes the spinach salad can be warm same dressing. I usually eat it cold?

Napa Cabbage is like any other it is amazing when fresh - less so otherwise. It is really like two different vegetables when cooking. The tops wilt nicely in a wok while the bottoms can be more like Bamboo Shoots with a crisp texture in the same cooing time.

The corn noodle Lasagna was so successful we are making a full sheet pan. I cut up the left overs last time and vacuum sealed, froze then reheated in boiling water right in the bag. I was incredible and so easy.

Bottled Sauce (a good one)
Corn Lasagna noodles - no cook
Apple Wood Smoked sweet, hot and mild Italian sausage, sauce, noodle
sauce, Portabella Mushrooms sauteed in Butter, Brandy and Marsala with a squeeze of lemon juice at the end, sauce, noodle.
sauce, shredded mozzarella, sauce, noodle.
sauce, Parsely wilted in butter with minced garlic, Goat Crumble cheese, noodle
Lots of sauce topped with mozzarella and Pecorino Romano.

The Lasagna is in the refrigerator overnight. It is a thing about this noodle I discovered by accident. We will see if it is repeatable.

_DSC4238.JPG
_DSC4239.JPG
_DSC4240.JPG
_DSC4241.JPG
_DSC4242.JPG
_DSC4243.JPG
_DSC4244.JPG
_DSC4245.JPG

Woah...you ain't fucking around. Haha, that's a nice clean setup. I have a sneaky suspicion that you nailed it. Oddly specific set of ingredients, and it looks like you aren't taking any chances with what worked the first time. Let me know if it scratched that itch as well as you were hoping

I make my vodka sauce tortellini bake...I totally winged that the first time...I had never used half the ingredients before. Anyway, I didn't start playing with it until I made it like 3 or 4 times flawlessly to lock it in me noggas. Use it or lose it. It's true.

I saw that one pic near the top with a good pic of your stove, and I was like haha, Greeny has that same stove. Until I realized it was your post. Sometimes my brain does this weird things and stuffs, but it's usually only on Saturday.
Haha, we'll look at that...it's Saturday. It's all becoming crystal clear. I might take over the planet later this evening, but it depends on how my tummy feels. Wish me luck.

Don’t forget about dessert guys n gals! :thumbsup:
This….

70065214-1C77-44F7-9448-065559A13D04.jpeg
249C4AF8-37B4-4536-809E-6C8313D41972.jpeg
1985D0CE-901B-4C51-8C07-864C43A0A459.jpeg

Became this!!!! :yay:
2C73CF45-0924-4B35-934F-C1CF45985751.jpeg
46D0C069-AAC6-48E0-9B87-91F70A34871C.jpeg

Homemade chocolate cake with mayonnaise added to make it extra moist and then homemade buttercream frosting for it! OMFG it’s to die for!:drool:

Back