Naw just too many concerts and machine shop hours. I have industrial deafness. Some tones are just not audible even with a hearing device. I have noticed that sound volume needs to be a bit higher to hear what I can hear lately.
What??? Same here from working in a print shop for years. Sucks having to say "what" anytime anybody says anything to me without me being prepared to listen. But it's been so long the wife and kid are at least used to it by now. Or at least blow me off politely since I'm generally only pretending like I'm listening anyway...

Ran the smoker again as a trial run before doing Thanksgiving smoked turkey. Not sure if we’ll be dry or wet brining the turkey yet. Here are a few roaster chickens we did today.

View attachment 1389765View attachment 1389761
Can never get my skin crispy on the smoker. Looks great but very limp (cough). Gone to smoking with the skin on then taking the skin off the breast and cutting into strips on a sheet pan in the oven and it makes kinda like chips. Cracklins kinda, but you get the heavy smoke flavor in there

Can never get my skin crispy on the smoker. Looks great but very limp (cough). Gone to smoking with the skin on then taking the skin off the breast and cutting into strips on a sheet pan in the oven and it makes kinda like chips. Cracklins kinda, but you get the heavy smoke flavor in there
Let your turkey sit thawed out and patted dry with paper towels open to the air for 24 hours in the refrigerator so the skin can dry out some before you smoke it.

How the pie gets started. 350°F - 45 to 50 Minutes. Ms.MOG is a pie wizard. She found another new GF pie dough recipes and we had some cinnamon rolls made with it tonight. It was somewhere between a short bread and flaky puff pastry. It was very good.

_DSC4180.JPG
_DSC4182.JPG

Let your turkey sit thawed out and patted dry with paper towels open to the air for 24 hours in the refrigerator so the skin can dry out some before you smoke it.
I would also recommend a 12-24 hour dry brine. Just get some course sea salt and do a few gashes down to the bone on the thighs and drums and then put a decent amount on and place it in the fridge or garage or whatever. NaCl is the only spice in the cabinet that will penetrate muscle tissue...meaning it goes deep if you let it. I think they call it Blizzard of Ozz or Diary of a Madman, or some other Ozzy record. Ozzmosis maybe?

RIP Randy...you absolute legend. Drinking and flying wasn't the smartest move in hindsight. Maybe? Just a bit?

Got the turkey dry brining and spatchcocked, more at 11:00...back to you Janet.

Thanks Brad,
I had a wonderful dish called a Poke Bowl. Now isn't that just darlin" Brad?

Ohh Janet.

Now this one came with bean sprouts and peppers but I've been told that they also offer one with rice. They are quite Asian inspired and this one even had some Peanuts in it. Kung Pao Poke Bowl eat at room temperature. You sit. You eat now.
PXL_20211123_035034891.jpg

PXL_20211123_035439605.jpg

Now that does look tasty Janet. I wouldn't mind giving one of those the ole one bite Larry and just sort of slide it down my throat hole like you see all the celebrities do. Maybe get a little kimchi and some smoked eel to really give myself the Asian experience Janet, treat myself to a little Happy Ending down at the Asian massage parlor...ohh Janet

Ohh Brad

These two need to get a room...

Nice bro. I love the kettle smoker.

I did a little somethin somethin with some turks and tatties and cauliflower.
PXL_20211126_092727042.jpg

PXL_20211128_121912228.jpg

Clockwise: Turks, roasted cauliflower, maple bacon stuffing, riced red mashed garlic tatties and some Hawaiian sweet rolls with homemade cranberry sauce and Cool Whip in the middle.
PXL_20211128_052512342.jpg

Kings Hawaiian roll turkey sliders with dill pickle kettle chips on board. I love my things samicht in case you hadn't noticed.:crying:

Back