Thanks buddy. Good news and bad news. So...I made a bonkers earthquake cake!!! The bad news is that it ate up 4 bags of coconut and I have to go shopping. Again. The good news is that it's easy to put together. Check it out. Some love went into this.
PXL_20210902_061055611.jpg

PXL_20210902_062125241.jpg

PXL_20210902_063505272.jpg

I'm live here on the scene Janet. We are currently experiencing mild tremors. We expect them to grow throughout the hour and predict some severe shifting of the terrain. We will be reporting any changes as they unfold. Let's all pray for the poor residents of Coconut Grove...the epicenter is directly under the Dark Chocolate Heights luxury condos and we expect massive shifting of the ground. Tuck and roll good citizens...tuck and roll. Godspeed to you all. Reporting live from downtown Coconut Grove, this is Gary Blaze. Back to you Janet.

What a crazy day. Fuckin crazy. I underestimated the alcohol consumption of the event goers. We had to make a beer run at 5:45...haha...I did bring some home, but I think we bought 12 cases... 2 Heineken, 1 Blue Moon, 2 Rolling Rock, 3 Labatt Blue, 3 Molson Canadian, and Budweiser.

PXL_20210902_223457745.jpg

PXL_20210902_223503086.jpg

PSX_20210903_023948.jpg

Momma painted sometimes. She liked happy little trees and such.

Here's what we were working with. Four by two and loaded it up with lump. I got myself a new toy this morning.
PXL_20210902_210715466.jpg

We had this totally gray day and right before sunset, this ray exploded off the lake. It was pretty sweet, so I took a shot
PXL_20210902_233133525.jpg

PXL_20210902_232730318.jpg

We got so many compliments on the food. I think we had a max capacity of about 68 or so, I think we fed about 55 or so. So I got myself a Weber Chimney and I think I left it at the park. We are going right now, it's only a couple miles down the road fortunately. Edit: I found it this morning hiding inside the leftover charcoal bag. Yay.

It's actually my mom's birthday today, which is Friday. We went to the dollar store and scored 4 colored Sharpie Markers and 2 poster boards and put it out like a yearbook for folks to sign and leave a little message. Fantastic idea, do this, it's awesome. Me and my dad are gonna read em tomorrow. I haven't read a single one, but it's all hooked up. My mom's sister gave a lovely monologue that had the whole place laughing and crying. I had a great day...NBs sisters absolutely killed it with making everything run smooth. From setting up to helping feed everyone to cleaning and putting shit away afterwards. I couldn't have done it without the girls. I got a little tipsy after earthquake cake and honesty don't even remember leaving. NB shoved me in the passenger seat of the truck and next thing I was home and smoking with her cousin. Then I straight up passed out on my absolutely phenomenal king size bed for like an hour and a half and woke up sort of confused on how I got there.

I wrote most of this post last night but never sent it out, its Friday now. I got lots of beers...party at Bubbles tonight whoop whoop.

What a crazy day. Fuckin crazy. I underestimated the alcohol consumption of the event goers. We had to make a beer run at 5:45...haha...I did bring some home, but I think we bought 12 cases... 2 Heineken, 1 Blue Moon, 2 Rolling Rock, 3 Labatt Blue, 3 Molson Canadian, and Budweiser.

View attachment 1362121
View attachment 1362122
View attachment 1362123
Momma painted sometimes. She liked happy little trees and such.

Here's what we were working with. Four by two and loaded it up with lump. I got myself a new toy this morning.
View attachment 1362124

We had this totally gray day and right before sunset, this ray exploded off the lake. It was pretty sweet, so I took a shot
View attachment 1362128

View attachment 1362130

We got so many compliments on the food. I think we had a max capacity of about 68 or so, I think we fed about 55 or so. So I got myself a Weber Chimney and I think I left it at the park. We are going right now, it's only a couple miles down the road fortunately. Edit: I found it this morning hiding inside the leftover charcoal bag. Yay.

It's actually my mom's birthday today, which is Friday. We went to the dollar store and scored 4 colored Sharpie Markers and 2 poster boards and put it out like a yearbook for folks to sign and leave a little message. Fantastic idea, do this, it's awesome. Me and my dad are gonna read em tomorrow. I haven't read a single one, but it's all hooked up. My mom's sister gave a lovely monologue that had the whole place laughing and crying. I had a great day...NBs sisters absolutely killed it with making everything run smooth. From setting up to helping feed everyone to cleaning and putting shit away afterwards. I couldn't have done it without the girls. I got a little tipsy after earthquake cake and honesty don't even remember leaving. NB shoved me in the passenger seat of the truck and next thing I was home and smoking with her cousin. Then I straight up passed out on my absolutely phenomenal king size bed for like an hour and a half and woke up sort of confused on how I got there.

I wrote most of this post last night but never sent it out, its Friday now. I got lots of beers...party at Bubbles tonight whoop whoop.
Sounds like a great day, and an excellent send off for mamma :thumbsup: good job on pulling off a bbq for 70:rofl:

I hit the trifecta today!

I got up so early today I decided to go by Whole Foods and check out the scallops. Fresh never frozen had just come in yesterday and they were gorgeous. Of course I pan seared them in olive oil and butter.

The Lion's Mane mushrooms I got at the farm market yesterday were near perfect and they keep much better if you poach them in a little bit of water then saute in a drizzle of olive oil. I left a few in the pan and added shredded zucchini.

The espresso today is a Sumatra/Burundi blend roasted to fullcity+ (almost Vienna) and is 8 days off of the roast - Fuckin Delicious.

The Blueberries were good also but pale in the shadow of the other courses.

_DSC4008.JPG
_DSC4009.JPG
_DSC4010.JPG

I started eating Lion's Mane mushrooms because of the Nuro-regeneration properties claimed for the brain. I was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes more than 20 years ago and even though I have done a good job controlling it, I was getting a little neuropathy in my right foot. I do not have that any longer! Now I know it is anecdotal but.................

Back