Fresh zucchini from our garden sliced put on the griddle with bacon and onions. Wife then browned chicken thighs in the Instapot, added garlic, lemon juice, salt, pepper, chicken broth and other seasonings. Put chicken thighs back in sealed up on high pressure for 10 minutes cooking time. Then natural release of pressure for 8 minutes. Take chicken out to casserole pan. Finish making the sauce by adding in some heavy whipping cream and corn starch slurry to tighten up. Pour over chicken when serving. So here's dinner.
20210822_185424.jpg
20210822_185833.jpg
20210822_191322.jpg
20210822_192854.jpg

Paging Doctor Bubbles Paging Doctor Bubbles. That vodka blush sauce is a new one on me at least the vodka part. I deconstructed it and going to give her a try. :astar:

Hey there Mr Greeny, did you ask something about two filters? I saw a weird notification on my handheld device and then it disappeared. I have done lots with venting and ducting. That's literally the only words I saw, so was just wondering what you were asking zactly.

Grilled lovin' for dinner this eve. Got some fresh slaw and oodley noodley things in the works, here's part one...the grills chicken for two. Homemade marinade and pounded. They feel like they are gonna be real tender and juicey. Back to you Janet.
View attachment 1359513
I was responding to a question from @Cerebral Goo about running two carbon filter in-line. I do not know how you saw it?

That make s my mouth water:drool:

Whipped up a quick snacky for some friends over. Twice cooked ruby gold sweet potatoes. Bake em, half em, scoop em, mix em with butter, sour cream, shredded cheddar, salt and pepper, fill em, bake em again and eat em
PXL_20210827_012522444.jpg

PXL_20210827_013623596.jpg

PXL_20210827_022215586.jpg

I also made these little fruit & yogurt parfaits. I loaded up some Oikos Greek Vanilla yogie with some farm market tree ripened peaches that are fucking PERFECT, and a splash of raw wildflower honey from the lady down the road what sells the honey and some peaches sliced for the top for the picture. Haha.
PSX_20210826_224539.jpg

Fun Fact: Scientists scored some honey from one of the mega pyramids from the Valley of the Kings at Giza that was over 4000 years old and still completely fine. It was well stored in stoneware urn type vessels, but still...pretty amazing. Honey is just fine by me.

Doc, this one is for you!

I forgot to post this sammy. BBQ Italian sausage, GF baguette, butter, Pecorino Romano, fried peppers and mayo. Spread some butter on the bread and sprinkle a layer of the shredded cheese on a hot skillet placing the butter side of the bread on top and toast the cheese to the bread, let cool a bit and add mayo, meat and peppers. Ms. MOG added fried onions to hers as well.

_DSC3996.JPG

I love the onions also but :gassy:

Ms. MOG made GF doughnut dough last night to rise overnight for the Air Fryer. The dough is really wet (supposed to be) and really really soft. It is nearly impossible to work with to get into the fryer. The sponge was surprisingly light after cooking but it needs about twice as much spice as it was mostly undetectable. We are freezing some cut doughnuts to see if that makes them more workable. They were cooked at 380°F for 10 minutes about right but I think I will try 360° for the frozen ones as the came out a bit on the toasty side.

_DSC3997.JPG

I think we have a good starting point and will post the recipe when we get it dialed in.

Doc, this one is for you!

I forgot to post this sammy. BBQ Italian sausage, GF baguette, butter, Pecorino Romano, fried peppers and mayo. Spread some butter on the bread and sprinkle a layer of the shredded cheese on a hot skillet placing the butter side of the bread on top and toast the cheese to the bread, let cool a bit and add mayo, meat and peppers. Ms. MOG added fried onions to hers as well.

View attachment 1360424

Broski....that looks terrific. That's some GF bread what looks like normal. I love me some whole grain breads and other artisan type loaves, but I've never had one that was worthy to make a good sammich with. They are always heavy and mealy and more akin to a brick than a loaf. That bread looks pretty normal, it's really crazy how there is not much to replace it without losing what makes bread great.

I love the pecorino cracker idea, we used to make a sourdough BLT at the golf course that had a fresh grated hard Parm cracker top that was to die for. We did it with locally made, uncured thick pepper bacon and made it on the flat top with that toasted artisan sourdough with the cheesy cracker. It all came together to make a BLT that would get Gordon Ramsay coming back for seconds.

Speaking of sammis. My daughter came up yesterday for the week, so I treated her to a round of my signature beef melt terriyaki sammiches on broiler toasted brioche with sesame seeds and pepper jack. My god. This Sammie is like heaven and sex in one bite. I made a double batch. Forty bucks to make some sammiches.....lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
Broski....that looks terrific. That's some GF bread what looks like normal. I love me some whole grain breads and other artisan type loaves, but I've never had one that was worthy to make a good sammich with. They are always heavy and mealy and more akin to a brick than a loaf. That bread looks pretty normal, it's really crazy how there is not much to replace it without losing what makes bread great.

I love the pecorino cracker idea, we used to make a sourdough BLT at the golf course that had a fresh grated hard Parm cracker top that was to die for. We did it with locally made, uncured thick pepper bacon and made it on the flat top with that toasted artisan sourdough with the cheesy cracker. It all came together to make a BLT that would get Gordon Ramsay coming back for seconds.

Speaking of sammis. My daughter came up yesterday for the week, so I treated her to a round of my signature beef melt terriyaki sammiches on broiler toasted brioche with sesame seeds and pepper jack. My god. This Sammie is like heaven and sex in one bite. I made a double batch. Forty bucks to make some sammiches.....lol.
I get the bread frozen at Whole Foods. There are a few really good (relatively speaking) GF breads out there now. These Baguettes are among them.

So we froze the doughnuts and it was a great success. Next time we will tweak the spices, freeze the doughnuts and Air Fry at 360°F for 11 minutes turning half way through. Ms MOG made a sweet spicy glaze for them. I just wish I had a cup of espresso to go with them.

_DSC3998.JPG
_DSC3999.JPG
_DSC4000.JPG

Dinner tonight was Pulled Pork (of course homemade would be better but this really is excellent), Deviled Eggs and Coleslaw with my home pickled onions.

_DSC4001.JPG

_DSC4002.JPG

That does look really premium. Lovin' the Berkshire hogs. I've had some Berkshire and Iberico, both of which are top shelf lovely for not that much. Compared to beef...lol

...SPEAKING OF WHICH....

CHECK

THIS

SHIT

OUT!!!!!

PSX_20210829_235037.jpg

Just to be CRYSTAL clear, that is a 1½" cube

PSX_20210829_235221.jpg

You following along?

PSX_20210829_235444.jpg

You seeing that number? That INSANE number? This number
PSX_20210829_235753.jpg

Jesus fucking holy shit. This is my first time even being in the same zip code of beef of that caliber. I've been a non offending wagyuphile for years. This is some of the most marbled Japanese beef I've ever laid eyes on. Just incredible.

Meanwhile, I'm over here eating this literal dog shit beef sammich that is somehow sharing the post with the fucking king of 1.5" inches³ of beefy squares. I need some squares in my life guys. Fuckin hell

PXL_20210830_033110657.jpg

Dude. C'mon.. C'MON. C'MON!!!
PXL_20210829_214326212.jpg

Back