Grilled some chicken legs on the pbc….roasted acorn squash and roasted grape tomatoes on the side
3821AA6C-8F5D-436F-BDA8-7751AEB84320.jpeg
A170B16B-FFAE-48FA-B9E5-70987B28CCC7.jpeg
4C367CE2-4251-42A5-B8CE-B6BCA8E16655.jpeg

Here's a fun little thing I came up with like 15 years ago. It is a baked pasta dish with vodka sauce, Italian sausage, fennel and torts.

Basically start with some Italian Sausage out of the casings and cook and break up. From there I add fresh fennel, diced tomatoes, vodka sauce, white wine, vodka, LOTS of fennel seeds, fennel powder, pasta water and parmesan. Put that on low covered for about 45 mins or so. I use Italian sausage torts that are already made, but they are really good....otherwise I might attempt making them, but these are quite good, and cone from the deli. Cook those mega Al dente because they are about to get their first time getting baked, and we don't need nobody freakin out. Get it covered up tight and roast that shits for another 45 mins or so..uncover it and put some melty cheese on top and put it back for 15 mins. Yanks it out and let it tighten up for half hour while you make a salad or get baked yourself. Slice up some crusty bread and stick some in a bowls. The fennel really shines when it's three ways deep. It's quite tasty. Everyone loves it. I've made this at least 25 times now. She's about wrapped. See!!!

The fennel bulb was being shy for this picture, but it's in there. To make fennel powder, grind fennel seeds to a powder with your dedimacated spice grinderoo. Fennel powder. Jam it in....don't be shy. Same thing with the whole seeds. I used half that little container which was brand new. It's a huge part of this dish, use more than you're comfortable with. It will be okay. We can talk about it if you're concerned. Trust the bubbles. Let the bubbles surround you and become one. Now dial it back one notch....that's how kids are made for crying out loud.
PXL_20210823_053012404.jpg

PXL_20210823_075728428.jpg

PXL_20210823_083330161.jpg

The fennel is the secret. Also good torts and decent vodka sauce. Deelishush.

On a less happy note, my friend was found dead in his backyard yesterday morning. He's a youngin, the Wifey's age, like 31ish. Real good guy, he was a bit of a clown and a total beer abuser. The police were treating the death as suspicious...shit, bubbles sister was dating the guy....she has 3 so yeah. I got the oldest one. From what I've heard, he was blue. I'm wondering if he passed out and choked on his own vomit. Sad. I really liked this guy, and I am not easily impressed.

And little sissy gave birth on Saturday. 3 weeks premature, they took her out....turns out that sissy has only half a womb and one working fallopian. So the baby is a teeny 4 pounder but completely filled the womb. The fucked up part is that it took surgery to discover that?? Like what the actual fuck?? Sissy was complaining that the baby has been stuck in one side for at least a month. She felt like something was off, but she is also a first timer...but isn't that what ultrasound/MRI/CT scans are for?? Non invasive peeking? I just find it completely atrocious that in 2021 that wasn't found sooner.

So plus one minus one kinda weekend. Fuckin crazy on both ends. Not mine. I'ma stand over here and make some steaks. Hit me up when you spark that blunt.

I am getting lots of tomatoes. So I removed the skins cut out the core and squeezed the seeds out of them (concassee).
Time for Cream of Tomato soup :chef:
Plate.JPG

Attachments

• Recipe.JPG
    Recipe.JPG
    320.2 KB · Views: 19
  • Mirepoix.JPG
    Mirepoix.JPG
    391.1 KB · Views: 21
  • Simmer.JPG
    Simmer.JPG
    396.4 KB · Views: 25
  • Tomatoe concassee.JPG
    Tomatoe concassee.JPG
    349.3 KB · Views: 23
On a less happy note, my friend was found dead in his backyard yesterday morning. He's a youngin, the Wifey's age, like 31ish. Real good guy, he was a bit of a clown and a total beer abuser. The police were treating the death as suspicious...shit, bubbles sister was dating the guy....she has 3 so yeah. I got the oldest one. From what I've heard, he was blue. I'm wondering if he passed out and choked on his own vomit. Sad. I really liked this guy, and I am not easily impressed.

And little sissy gave birth on Saturday. 3 weeks premature, they took her out....turns out that sissy has only half a womb and one working fallopian. So the baby is a teeny 4 pounder but completely filled the womb. The fucked up part is that it took surgery to discover that?? Like what the actual fuck?? Sissy was complaining that the baby has been stuck in one side for at least a month. She felt like something was off, but she is also a first timer...but isn't that what ultrasound/MRI/CT scans are for?? Non invasive peeking? I just find it completely atrocious that in 2021 that wasn't found sooner.

So plus one minus one kinda weekend. Fuckin crazy on both ends. Not mine. I'ma stand over here and make some steaks. Hit me up when you spark that blunt.
Sorry to hear about the bad news, my friend :bighug:

It's been a very emotional week. If every week was like this, I would not keep going. Hopefully things will start looking up. Here's that grape pie I promised and almost made. It's baking right now. Here's what it looks like before the oven.
PSX_20210825_004229.jpg

Homemade pie crust....not the cleanest edges, but that's because I'm a doctor damnit, not a bloody baker. This is Alton Brown's crust that I have taken as my own. It is without a doubt the best pie crust I've ever had. You need a decent food processor to make it. It's 1 stick of butter per 120g/1 cup of flour. One stick/one cup makes a one crust pie for a 9-10" deep dish. Chop the butter into slices and freeze. Add the flour to a metal bowl with a pinch of salt....you can also add sugar depending on the pie. Put the food processor bucket and blade in the freezer and put the butter frozen and flour mix into food processor bowl and pulverize that shit into powder. Back into the freezer and just enough ice water to work with. Keep it cold and work it as little as possible. The drier it is the more flaky it will be but the harder it is to work with. It's a feel thing. Use as little water as you can and you'll be fine. It's basically the same dough that you would use for puff pastry except instead of getting folded a few thousand layers it gets powdered and blended that way. I've been making pies with that crust for close to 20 years and have gotten tons of compliments on it. Yeah, it's a bit of work, but it's so worth it...and fresh organic grapes from the backyard deserve wat more than Pillsbury or Betty can provide. Besides, were supposed to like doing this shit ...HAHAHA.

I'll make sure to get a good shot of the finished product. Can't wait!!

It's been a very emotional week. If every week was like this, I would not keep going. Hopefully things will start looking up. Here's that grape pie I promised and almost made. It's baking right now. Here's what it looks like before the oven.
View attachment 1359100
Homemade pie crust....not the cleanest edges, but that's because I'm a doctor damnit, not a bloody baker. This is Alton Brown's crust that I have taken as my own. It is without a doubt the best pie crust I've ever had. You need a decent food processor to make it. It's 1 stick of butter per 120g/1 cup of flour. One stick/one cup makes a one crust pie for a 9-10" deep dish. Chop the butter into slices and freeze. Add the flour to a metal bowl with a pinch of salt....you can also add sugar depending on the pie. Put the food processor bucket and blade in the freezer and put the butter frozen and flour mix into food processor bowl and pulverize that shit into powder. Back into the freezer and just enough ice water to work with. Keep it cold and work it as little as possible. The drier it is the more flaky it will be but the harder it is to work with. It's a feel thing. Use as little water as you can and you'll be fine. It's basically the same dough that you would use for puff pastry except instead of getting folded a few thousand layers it gets powdered and blended that way. I've been making pies with that crust for close to 20 years and have gotten tons of compliments on it. Yeah, it's a bit of work, but it's so worth it...and fresh organic grapes from the backyard deserve wat more than Pillsbury or Betty can provide. Besides, were supposed to like doing this shit ...HAHAHA.

I'll make sure to get a good shot of the finished product. Can't wait!!
I have made that pie crust many, many times. I just use a pastry cutter to blend it quickly. Like you say don't work it just cut it in.
2021-08-24_22-08-35.jpg

Ms MOG made peach and blueberry pie for me the other day. Her Gluten Free crust is nearly indistinguishable from regular flour now. This is my fruit for tomorrow's breakfast.

_DSC3993.JPG

My pie is almost done. You can always tell because A) the house starts smelling phenomenal B) the whole thing starts bubbling C) the thing stops leaking and tightens up, and the crust gets a little color. This monster has been in for about 1h45m...it just about looked done, so I figured another 13 to 15 min just to be sure. I've got the hotbox at 335°. I was gonna make a two crust pie, especially with a pig like this, but I wound up making a little struessel crumble. I use quick oats, flowers, brown shuggah, cimannon, salt, melt butter at the halfway between soft and liquid stage, and a splash of high quality ayech two ohh.

It's also a feel thing, but it's quite forgiving. Start with oats and add about enough to theoretically cover whatever it may be. Say about a ¾ cup for a pie. About 60% of that amount as flour. Brown shuggah to sweeten, salt that dummy, For this I used about a half a stick. Add a smidge of wahwah...not the kind that Jimi Hendrix & Kirk Hammett & Bubbles love...the kind that comes from the Price Pfister Pfawcett. Like Farrah, except for this is what you get the wahwah from. Not that kind of wah for the 2nd time. The clear juicey drink. Is that all you think about is G'tars? Well yeah, isn't that what everbody do?

You've got some learnin to learn Bubbs. Just stick to makin struessel right now. There is plenty of g'tar time after the pie done. OOH ...ITS DONE!!!

Check this thing I thingsed up with my stuffs
PSX_20210825_025547.jpg

She's cooling right meow. Looks and smells fan fucking tastic y'all. Damnit, Janet. Come on by and have a schleisch. Go ahead. I dare ya. Have a schleisch. I'ma have schleischesh for days. We'll stay with this all night if we have to. More news as it unfolds...back to you Janet.
PXL_20210825_085608455.jpg

Wow. What a banger. Perfect sweet/zest and that crust is always the hit. I used sweetened condensed milk and tapioca pearls grinded up. Best sugar sweetener and fruit pie thickener in my opinion. I have had good results with cornstarch too, but the pearls are what the pros use, so I use them as well.

Last edited:
Hey there Mr Greeny, did you ask something about two filters? I saw a weird notification on my handheld device and then it disappeared. I have done lots with venting and ducting. That's literally the only words I saw, so was just wondering what you were asking zactly.

Grilled lovin' for dinner this eve. Got some fresh slaw and oodley noodley things in the works, here's part one...the grills chicken for two. Homemade marinade and pounded. They feel like they are gonna be real tender and juicey. Back to you Janet.
PXL_20210826_072658601.jpg

Back