Photoperiod DP Lemon Zkittles under GN Telos-0008

Reaction score
Hey guys, long time no speak!

A lot has happened in the last year and a half or so, but now I am back and excited to be growing again.

I am still a n00b in the art of the growing, my experience is limited to 6 autos I grew over a 6month period a few years back. This is my first photoperiod grow, so as always would love any guidance you guys can offer.

I am growing in the same tent as before (1.2X1.2X2.0m) and the pips of choice:- 4 x Dutch Passion Lemon Zkittles and they will be grown in 10L airpots using Plagron light mix. I am sticking with tang’s easy auto feeding schedule as I had great results with my previous plants.

After reading a few journals on the GN forum, I treated myself to a Telos-0008. Extraction is a 4” soler and palau in line fan and a rhino pro carbon filter. I have 2 x 6” clip on fans for air movement and to strengthen the stems.

I planted the seeds directly into the airpots on Thursday evening and 3 out of 4 already have their heads above ground already. For some reason I put two in one pot (I was very tired), so will keep the stronger looking one once they’ve grown a bit. Surprised at how quick they broke soil, the first one to break had only been out the pack 2 1/2 days!

Id like to welcome you guys along for the ride and welcome any pointers. I love this forum and have learnt so much from it, its good to be back! :)

Day 2 (from breaking soil) Telos is 85cm above the seedlings, Temp is 28oC and RH 40%. H

Tent.JPG

lemon3.JPG
lemon4.JPG
lemon1.JPG

Attachments

• Tent.JPG
    Tent.JPG
    186.4 KB · Views: 259
  • lemon1.JPG
    lemon1.JPG
    138.9 KB · Views: 262
  • lemon4.JPG
    lemon4.JPG
    140.9 KB · Views: 270
  • lemon3.JPG
    lemon3.JPG
    141.9 KB · Views: 288
  • telos.JPG
    telos.JPG
    83.5 KB · Views: 287
Hey guys, long time no speak!

A lot has happened in the last year and a half or so, but now I am back and excited to be growing again.

I am still a n00b in the art of the growing, my experience is limited to 6 autos I grew over a 6month period a few years back. This is my first photoperiod grow, so as always would love any guidance you guys can offer.

I am growing in the same tent as before (1.2X1.2X2.0m) and the pips of choice:- 4 x Dutch Passion Lemon Zkittles and they will be grown in 10L airpots using Plagron light mix. I am sticking with tang’s easy auto feeding schedule as I had great results with my previous plants.

After reading a few journals on the GN forum, I treated myself to a Telos-0008. Extraction is a 4” soler and palau in line fan and a rhino pro carbon filter. I have 2 x 6” clip on fans for air movement and to strengthen the stems.

I planted the seeds directly into the airpots on Thursday evening and 3 out of 4 already have their heads above ground already. For some reason I put two in one pot (I was very tired), so will keep the stronger looking one once they’ve grown a bit. Surprised at how quick they broke soil, the first one to break had only been out the pack 2 1/2 days!

Id like to welcome you guys along for the ride and welcome any pointers. I love this forum and have learnt so much from it, its good to be back! :)

Day 2 (from breaking soil) Telos is 85cm above the seedlings, Temp is 28oC and RH 40%. H

View attachment 917459
View attachment 917469 View attachment 917468 View attachment 917467
hello mangos nice choice of strain to go with for your first photo grow im about two weeks ahead of you right now on the lemon zkittles looking pretty good so far tangs easy auto schedule will work good for photos in veg but when you move into flower you might need to up the e.c a bit due to photo periods tend to feed more than autos also cal mag is a good thing to have on hand in case you need it with the strong light from the telos ( i have one of those too ) shouldnt be too much a problem in lightmix more a issue in coco bur still a handy thing to have just in case have you used the telos to grow anything yet or is this your first round if it is there are two growers on here medgrower and bunny who have good info with heights and such good luck with your grow il follow along for the show and help out if i can there a link to my grow in my signature if your interested
:pass:

Hey @stoney T

Thanks for the reply and advice. How would I go about increasing the e.c once the plants start to flower? Is it a simple case of increasing the amount of nutrients added to a feed? With my auto grows I used a pen to test the p.H of feeds and a soil p.H metre to test medium but never tested e.c, this is new ground for me. I need to find a sticky and read up. You just reminded me, need to order some calmag, used shogun before and had good results. Haven’t used the telos before or any GN lights for that matter. Gonna have a read through medgrower and bunny’s threads in the GN section later and see what they’re saying with light distances. Where distance did you have your light at this stage? I’ve got mine at 85cm, on the GN site it recommends 100cm for seedlings, but I’m conscious I don’t want my girls to stretch. Yes bro for sure, count me in for your grow :pass:

Hey @stoney T

Thanks for the reply and advice. How would I go about increasing the e.c once the plants start to flower? Is it a simple case of increasing the amount of nutrients added to a feed? With my auto grows I used a pen to test the p.H of feeds and a soil p.H metre to test medium but never tested e.c, this is new ground for me. I need to find a sticky and read up. You just reminded me, need to order some calmag, used shogun before and had good results. Haven’t used the telos before or any GN lights for that matter. Gonna have a read through medgrower and bunny’s threads in the GN section later and see what they’re saying with light distances. Where distance did you have your light at this stage? I’ve got mine at 85cm, on the GN site it recommends 100cm for seedlings, but I’m conscious I don’t want my girls to stretch. Yes bro for sure, count me in for your grow :pass:
id up the ec by increasing the a and b from your veg e.c by about 0.2ec each week untill you see tip burn or hit around 1.8-2.0 EC most plants will take this range of nutes but be carefull and watch the plants some strains/ phenos may be light or heavy feeders so they might need to be fed diferently so i think a E.C meter will be important bit of kit to get in the next few weeks if possible otherwise i wouldnt exceed double strenght of tang feed schedule
i start my telos around 1m to 1.2m for the first few days then down to about 80cm with autos i let them grow to the light photos is a bit different the telos has great penatration so id air on the side of to far away for now just my opinion

Day 7 - 24.4oC 42%RH

All four girls are now above ground and seem to be getting on ok. Have been giving them each 50ml-100ml of tap water daily. The pH of my water is is 7.4. Gonna give them their first feed on day 10, which will be Sensi Bloom A+B. I raised the telos to 90cm from the tallest seedling.

Sorry for such a brief post, I don't wanna miss the start of the football :smoking:
3.JPG
4.JPG
1.JPG
2.JPG
DSC_0089.JPG

yo friends,

Day 17 - 29.2oC - RH 30% - Light is 80cm from the canopy of tallest plant.

Its so hot up in the tent at the moment, the girls seem to be doing ok though for the most part. A few days ago I had a peek in the tent before lights out and one of my girls had fallen over. Is this because she strecthed? She was the last to break ground so around 5cm shorter than the tallest plant in tent. I have used some sandwich clips just to prop her up and adjusted my clip on fan in the hope it strengthens her stem. Hopefully she makes it! Also I noticed what I think to be the early signs of a deficiency on another girl, have attached close up pics of the leaf below if anyone can help out. Its only present on two fan leaves.
leaf.JPG

21.JPG
2.JPG

I have been watering the girls daily giving them 250-350ml (Sensi Bloom A&B @ 1ml per L, Shogun CalMag @ 1ml per L) This is more than I was giving my autos at this stage of the grow, soil is feeling real dry everytime I check, guess its down to the hot weather, my auto grows were throughout autumn/winter. My EC meter arrived this morning so will have a play with that next time making up some munch for the ladies. Plants are much bigger at this stage than any of my previous, must be down to the telos!

3.JPG
1.JPG
all.JPG

Peace out guys, hope you and your gardens are well :pass:

Attachments

• 31.JPG
    31.JPG
    132.4 KB · Views: 229
all looking good mango hard to know what to about the patchy leaves sounds like your doing evrything right so far have you had a look with the lights off the telos light can be deceiving light a hps makes everything look very yellow the telos can make things appear lighter than they are

Back