Outdoor DOGS LIFE

Both spots i grow with unrestricted root zones. 70-77 day strains seem to take around 90 in the partial sun, while overall they finish on que to breeder specs in the full sun. The only auto i have done so far in the full sun that did not finish close to breeder specs(out of 12 strains) was the autoultimate which was cut on day 100...interesting enough the second AU in the same season planted in partial sun was taken a touch early on day 100. Coincidence? Maybe? Seems to be a repeating pattern on my end though!!

This is really interesting to me as an auto-newbie. It's hard for me to gauge how much direct sunlight my plants get, because different parts of the garden get different amounts during the course of the day, and additionally between June and August the light shifts south and that changes things even more. Last year was my first outdoor experiment with autos, and they ALL ran over manufacturers specs, mostly significantly over. I never thought it might be because of having less light. Someone local suggested it was because of the cool nights we get, that the temp drop slowed their metabolism down every night.

I've also been curious about the difference between growing autos indoors and out. So far I've only done one season with them and it was outdoors. I'd say at most the location I'll be putting them in this year gets 8 hours of direct light, but at least 6 of those are the strongest (directly overhead) hours, for what that's worth. I'm lucky that our volume needs are not that big, so smaller plants will still serve us. As far as in-city backyard grows go (gotta love a legal state!), most people I know are jealous of how much sunlight we get! Hopefully I'll be able to grow some of the same strains indoors next winter, and I'll be able to do a direct comparison with my available outdoor space vs my indoor set up.

Last edited:
This is really interesting to me as an auto-newbie. It's hard for me to gauge how much direct sunlight my plants get, because different parts of the garden get different amounts during the course of the day, and additionally between June and August the light shifts south and that changes things even more. Last year was my first outdoor experiment with autos, and the ALL ran over manufacturers specs, mostly significantly over. I never thought it might be because of having less light. Someone local suggested it was because of the cool nights we get, that the temp drop slowed their metabolism down every night.

I've also been curious about the difference between growing autos indoors and out. So far I've only done one season with them and it was outdoors. I'd say at most the location I'll be putting them in this year gets 8 hours of direct light, but at least 6 of those are the strongest (directly overhead) hours, for what that's worth. I'm lucky that our volume needs are not that big, so smaller plants will still serve us. As far as in-city backyard grows go (gotta love a legal state!), most people I know are jealous of how much sunlight we get! Hopefully I'll be able to grow some of the same strains indoors next winter, and I'll be able to do a direct comparison with my available outdoor space vs my indoor set up.

I am going to pull this over to your thread...there is quite a few points i would like to bounce back and forth in this, and dont want to derails sundogs thread.

This is really interesting to me as an auto-newbie. It's hard for me to gauge how much direct sunlight my plants get, because different parts of the garden get different amounts during the course of the day, and additionally between June and August the light shifts south and that changes things even more. Last year was my first outdoor experiment with autos, and they ALL ran over manufacturers specs, mostly significantly over. I never thought it might be because of having less light. Someone local suggested it was because of the cool nights we get, that the temp drop slowed their metabolism down every night.

I am going to pull this over to your thread...there is quite a few points i would like to bounce back and forth in this, and dont want to derails sundogs thread.

It all good, I'm interested in getting more reports about this.. I'm still looking into it right now but there's definitely some difference , after seeing the girls starting to flower it does seem that the plants at certain spots in the garden that gets more sun are flowering sooner. Not by to much, but still there's certainly something at play with The hours of sun light they receive and flowering times.

flowering starting up:
DSCN2661.JPG
DSCN2662.JPG
DSCN2664.JPG
DSCN2666.JPG
DSCN2667.JPG
DSCN2668.JPG

ok last ones, i always catch jumping spiders and put them on the plants hopping they will help...but their so small what can they really do??
well one showed me today. this crazy beast of a jumping spider caught a fly that was double his/her size!!! Mother Nature is bad ass!!!
DSCN2677.JPG
DSCN2678.JPG

Back