Well the light will have to be done tomorrow because I couldnt find kapton tape. Im gonna try some electronics shops tomorrow and if not then Ill amazon it or just order some holders.

Where did you guys get the white thermal paste or did you just reuse it from the Mars? Another question doesn't the cob holder hold the cob above the heatsyncs? I was wondering how the white paste would make contact.

All hooked up and she already seems to have more penetration and the spread is way better. These were taken right at startup so it should get a little brighter as it heats up. As it sets now i am going to convert them all need to do a test grow to see how the plants like the setup.

20160711_201033.jpg
20160711_201011.jpg
20160711_201813.jpg

All hooked up and she already seems to have more penetration and the spread is way better. These were taken right at startup so it should get a little brighter as it heats up. As it sets now i am going to convert them all need to do a test grow to see how the plants like the setup.

View attachment 599984 View attachment 599985 View attachment 599986
Hell yeah Man U just upgraded! Anyone use the adhesive instead of the paste or kapton tape? It says u can't remove them after I also wondered about the heat transfers too but seems like a clean way without using holders.

Hell yeah Man U just upgraded! Anyone use the adhesive instead of the paste or kapton tape? It says u can't remove them after I also wondered about the heat transfers too but seems like a clean way without using holders.

Use the holders. Tbat way you can use reflectors if you need them.

All the lights are getting upgraded next week my Northern Lights and 1 of the Himalaya Orange Diesels are under the new mars/cob light and already see noticble growth and denseness in the buds in only 1 day. The penetration is so much better there is light all the way to the soil with little to no shadowing. Really happy I decided to upgrade and it makes it so much better when you do the work.

All the lights are getting upgraded next week my Northern Lights and 1 of the Himalaya Orange Diesels are under the new mars/cob light and already see noticble growth and denseness in the buds in only 1 day. The penetration is so much better there is light all the way to the soil with little to no shadowing. Really happy I decided to upgrade and it makes it so much better when you do the work.
This is very interesting. Cxa2530 at 30+-% efficiency compared to the unknown efficiency of Mars and noticeable difference in 1 day. Says a lot about cob tech and a lot more about the blurple Mars hydro.

I'd recommend looking into the timber grow lights. They are cxb3590's with a much better driver, passive cooled pin heat sync and come pre wired. Direct from them to USA is 399 and on eBay is 439. 200 watts and I believe it's closer to 53% efficient. I'm running the 3590's and next to the drastic red and blue of the Mars panel it's almost powerful enough to cover those colors.

Yea I noticed with the cxa2530s it is washing out the purple of 2 mars 300s. I think im gonna convert my other 2 with the cxa2530s and use them until next year since its so cheap to convert and then build a custom setup after my outdoor harvest. The cxb3590 may even go down in price by then lol. Do you know how much the temps rise with the passive vs active cooling? My room that the temt is in runs kinda on the warm side in the summer months.

O and I was just in the tent moving stuff around and pulling the Hijack that just had enough and committed suicide lol. Its gonna just get blasted into oil. I noticed there is a good 10+ degree differnece in tempature that the lights are putting off. The non converted mars is blowing out really hot air and the cob light is so cool and you cant even tell its on by touching it. I think my tent temps will drop 5+ degrees after all the lights are converted.

Back