Lighting DIY COB Based LED Growlight Build In Progress!

I got them simply because that's what they had lol! But there are few for the 2530 and I wanted solderless. I looked at the Molex mounts, but I don't like the exposed wire connectors. They'd be fine if i was mounting a faceplate but the way I'm building, i wanted a mount the I could hide the wiring as much as possible.

Great price on those chips! Shipping is too much for me to order from cutter though.

I like the look of those, kinda pricy but looks like they have mini reflectors built in to direct some of the sideways light back down, nice feature and also solderless is a big bonus. The ones I used required soldering and didnt have as much photon management built in. They were only like .60c each tho. Did you see the cxb2530s at cutter for $10 each? Top bin, but 90cri... Thats what I ended up using with the 1.8" heatsink profile. 42" for 6 cobs @ 700mA needed a couple fans to keep cool. I used old PC fans that hang over the edge, but its kinda nice as it provides some airflow downward, probably make circulation fans unnecessary in a tent.

Here's the project box I will use for to hold the Wago connectors. each panel will have one. 6 Wago's fit easily and there is room for the pot and gauge also.

control box pic1.jpg

I see newark has
CXA2530 Series, White, 2700 K, 3200 lm for $6.60 each.... Worth considering for anyone interested in building a light

hell yah, for that price! May grab a couple for veg lights! In fact, i'm disappointed with my "900' watt Apollo light, way too blue. I may gut it and build it with cobs. We'll see how the first one does.

I see newark has
CXA2530 Series, White, 2700 K, 3200 lm for $6.60 each.... Worth considering for anyone interested in building a light

Personally this is the direction I will go as I like the chip lock holders. going on what Growmau5 said in his videos these have a little more wiggle room when you tap your own holes. I also like that you can buy the whole package with everything for one price. I just grabbed one link but they have any colors you want. http://www.cutter.com.au/proddetail.php?prod=cut2854

The bummer with Cutter for those of us in the US is they are in Australia!

cutter charged me shipping after they were advertising free shipping on RIU. after I said something, some people on RIU started bashing me and cutter did not correct it. they just changed the ad banner on RIU. this happened back in the first of the year.

be VERY CAREFUL when tapping. I used the #4-40 allen head screw/bolt (very small hardware) and the tap for those are small too, and will break at nothing.
I snapped a few off in the heat sink (huge headache) on my first light build.
I suggest using a tap handle and not a drill for using the tap.

be VERY CAREFUL when tapping. I used the #4-40 allen head screw/bolt (very small hardware) and the tap for those are small too, and will break at nothing.
I snapped a few off in the heat sink (huge headache) on my first light build.
I suggest using a tap handle and not a drill for using the tap.

Sweet baby Jesus......DONT use a drill for a tap....of course it is going to break it. Use a tap handle and a little lube.

RIU is one of those forums where assholes rule the roost and moderators only enforce complaints from them.... and if your a newb, keep your mouth shut..because your stupid and know nothing......... I currently follow only one thread there after taking shit from the elite there in a thread called: If your new to led, get help here.
You can ask anything you like as long as the answer you you want is build a DIY or buy from an RIU sponsor..... and DON'T mention Mars Hydro.....

cutter charged me shipping after they were advertising free shipping on RIU. after I said something, some people on RIU started bashing me and cutter did not correct it. they just changed the ad banner on RIU. this happened back in the first of the year.

Back