Day [HASHTAG]#44[/HASHTAG]...
20190324_084953.jpg

hey friend, hadn't seen you over here!

i know nothing of autopots and reservoirs and all that good stuff but i do enjoy grabbing the popcorn :pop: or a cuppa :coffee: and watching the growing action.

subbed up now matey and the girls are looking good! CDLC was my first strain choice to grow, i'm a fan. i nearly snapped up some Toof Decay on the 3/20 sale but decided on the Strawb' Nuggets for my heavy indica fix for this round. i'll get to that Toof Decay some time though!

:pass:

hey friend, hadn't seen you over here!

i know nothing of autopots and reservoirs and all that good stuff but i do enjoy grabbing the popcorn :pop: or a cuppa :coffee: and watching the growing action.

subbed up now matey and the girls are looking good! CDLC was my first strain choice to grow, i'm a fan. i nearly snapped up some Toof Decay on the 3/20 sale but decided on the Strawb' Nuggets for my heavy indica fix for this round. i'll get to that Toof Decay some time though!

Hey Froot, glad to have you along for the ride. :cooldance:
Had a couple of issues to liven things up a bit but we're back on track now...
Just hunting for the next upgrade now... lights! Getting a bit tired of looking at purple :coffee2:

I may be a fair way into things right now but I thought I'd share from here on in... I was going to continue from my first thread but thought it better to separate the two for my own personal records.

I learnt a lot from my first grow. Mainly that environment really is everything. Even though I ended up with a half decent crop (about 200g dry from 6 plants: 0.37g/W) my plants were stunted (mainly due to too low temps and other rooky mistakes) and didn't fatten up like I'd hoped. With the lessons learnt and advice handed to me, I went shopping and created what I hope should provide a winning combo so that I could get closer to, or higher than 1g/W. (I understand for a true reading you'd account for ALL W consumed but I'm just giving myself a target, nothing serious. As long as I get some dank buds the g/W thing really doesn't matter, it's just a number).

I spend a serious amount of time overseas so I've created the best automated system I can think of on a relatively affordable budget.

Here's a brief run down of my setup (including new mods):
  • 1.2 x 1.2 x 2 tent
  • 2 x ViparSpectra V600 (536W from the wall combined)
  • SMSCOM 6.5A smart controller for RVK 125E2 extractor, dialled down to about 25% speed: on 24hrs.
  • INKBIRD ITC-306T temperature controller with 2 x 3' 180W tube rads set to 26.5C.
  • INKBIRD IHC-200 humidity controller with HR-15 humidifier and 100ltr tank.
  • 6 pot AutoPot system (res has a water pump and a 100W heater set to 20 degrees).
  • 6 x AirDomes with air pump.
  • 1 x oscillating monkey fan.
  • 1 x Bluelab Guardian monitor.
  • IP camera
Nutes I use are Canna A/B and Calmag Agent, CX Regen-a-root and Mighty Bloom. House & Garden Drip Clean.
I made up this schedule to follow (and it seems to be working quite well...
View attachment 1029267

So this time I've gone all out Mephisto Genetics. We have:
  • 2 x Creme De La Chem
  • 2 x Toof Decay
  • 1 x Fantasmo Express
There were originally 2 FE's but the cotledons wouldn't release from the shell and she passed early on :sadcry:

Germination started in the ol' paper towel trick on the 8th Feb. By the morning of the 10th they were in RootRiot cubes and cotledon life appeared on the 11th. The rest is history...
I count my days from when I germinate, so from 8th Feb. Res was turned on on day 13 as I had to go overseas again but they've loved it since...
So pics starting from Day 29 (9th March).
View attachment 1029275
Above: CDLC back left and right. FE middle right. TD front left and right. IP camera is above the humidifier so all is reversed for below pics.

View attachment 1029276
View attachment 1029277
View attachment 1029274

As I'm forever trying to perfect and tweak my system, my next purchase is lighting. I'm either going QB or ISH at around 600W. But I think that'll be for the next run...
How is that Humidity controller? I am going to add it to,my list.

yeh i saw mate, as long as you're all good again...i can't imagine sending my old dear after anything grow related let alone a res' :crying:

lights are some tough shopping mate, anything in mind?

Day [HASHTAG]#45[/HASHTAG]...
So after the events that occured last week I hounded my carer to get in and check the res levels out. Looks like them some thirsty bitches! They're sucking up around 10ltrs a day between them...:yoinks:
Quick top up, new batch of nutes (EC up to 2.8 without tip burn, pH6.1) and we're good until Tuesday/Wednesday. My GC did another bout of defoliation too.
20190325_081926.jpg

I think after all the food they're chomping on that we might have some plump little darlin's on our hands!

Week 6 nutes added per 10ltrs were:
1ml DripClean
10ml CX Regen-a-root
10ml Canna CalMag
25ml Canna Coco A
25ml Canna Coco B
20ml CX Mighty Bloom

How is that Humidity controller? I am going to add it to,my list.
Absolutely spot on with the HR-15. I hang the sensor in the canopy on the opposite side of the tent. Once the initial RH is set in the tent the HR-15 only comes on for about 20 seconds every 30-40 seconds (say you get one burst once a minute). In my climate I go through 100ltr tank every 10-12 days.

yeh i saw mate, as long as you're all good again...i can't imagine sending my old dear after anything grow related let alone a res' :crying:

lights are some tough shopping mate, anything in mind?

I got a few things on the burner but I'm still undecided.
I really like the QB96's but they went out of stock (currently waiting on a reply to see when they'll be back in).
I'd thought of building 3 x COB bars (1m heatsink with 5 x CLU048-1212C4's) and adding reds.
@Damien50 and Slater suggested variations of 6-12 QB self build (or contact diyleduk), which I'd add reds and far reds too.
And then Slater went and perked my interest with the ChilLED Tech Logic Puck V2 by Growmau5...

We'll see what the week brings. I'm in no immediate hurry. This run will take me to mid April. So that's when I'd like the new setup for.

if you've got @Slater on the case you'll not go wrong mate, and i'll be interested to see what you come up with as i have a bigger grow space myself now and am looking to increase lighting - i have 4x4 with 4 x CLU048 1212's currently just upgraded from 2x4, and they do a good job but have me looking for something more...never blown away by the penetration of the cobs and if i have a natural Xmas tree style shaped plant i end up with a lot of fluff lower down. not so much of an issue if i LST them down but sometimes i like a nice natural plant.

i've been thinking boards too, UK based and budget friendly is the dream. let's see what those-in-the-know suggest :cheers:

thirsty girls usually means happy girls, great work :pass:

You know how I just said I wasn't in any rush....

Well...

Seconds after I posted my last post I got an email from RapidLED. Heart rate increased with excitement and... 10% discount off my order. So I bit the bullet... :bighug::d5::headbang:

:vibe::vibe::vibe::vibe:

On it's way to me from the sunny San Francisco is...

drum roll please...

image-401.png

4x4_LOGIC_Kit__57508.1531941750.jpg

Logic_V2_RED__31750.1550707501.jpg

images.png

ChilLED Logic 4' x 4' LED Grow kit
comprising of:​

8 x ChilLED Logic Pucks V2 (LM301B) mix of 3k, 4k & reds.
8 x 140mm pin heatsinks
2 x MeanWell HLG-320H-C1750B drivers
8 x Thermal pads
2 x Cased potentiometer's with knobs
2 x Power cords
14 x WAGO connectors
20' (each) 18 AWG solid core red and black wire
1 x Canopy substrate with 41" rail sets, 2 x driver mounts and hanging kit.

:worship::worship:

I know some of you are probably laughing at me right now, at how keen I must be... and to be fair I'm laughing with you.... but with excitement and anticipation.
:eyebrows::eyebrows::eyebrows::eyebrows::eyebrows::eyebrows::eyebrows::eyebrows::eyebrows::eyebrows::eyebrows::eyebrows::eyebrows::eyebrows::eyebrows::eyebrows::eyebrows::eyebrows:

First things first... Lets say a HUGE thank you to @Slater for recommending them and bringing them to my attention. :bow::bow::bow::bow:

I decided on this rig for many reasons, of which I'll simply list rather than explain in detail:

1. @Slater recommended them (have you seen his grows!).
  2. Growmau5 developed them.
  3. They comprise of a mix of Samsung 3k and 4k LM301B diodes with added 660nm deep reds. Overall temp is 3060K.
  4. Efficacy is stated at 2.35 Umol/J. Migro tested it and came in at 2.07 at 100W and 2.16 at 60W. 8 run on 2 HLG-320 drivers should be 75W so around 2.1.
  5. 8 spread out over the frame will give the spread I was after and hopefully much deeper penetration :naughtystep::kiss:.
  6. With the discount I managed to get them at £100 over my budget but compared to the QB96's I get waaaaaaaaay more.
So that's it peeps.... Next Mephisto is gonna be interesting!

You know how I just said I wasn't in any rush....

Well...

Seconds after I posted my last post I got an email from RapidLED. Heart rate increased with excitement and... 10% discount off my order. So I bit the bullet... :bighug::d5::headbang:

:vibe::vibe::vibe::vibe:

On it's way to me from the sunny San Francisco is...

drum roll please...

View attachment 1034472
View attachment 1034474
View attachment 1034473
View attachment 1034481

ChilLED Logic 4' x 4' LED Grow kit
comprising of:​

8 x ChilLED Logic Pucks V2 (LM301B) mix of 3k, 4k & reds.
8 x 140mm pin heatsinks
2 x MeanWell HLG-320H-C1750B drivers
8 x Thermal pads
2 x Cased potentiometer's with knobs
2 x Power cords
14 x WAGO connectors
20' (each) 18 AWG solid core red and black wire
1 x Canopy substrate with 41" rail sets, 2 x driver mounts and hanging kit.

:worship::worship:

I know some of you are probably laughing at me right now, at how keen I must be... and to be fair I'm laughing with you.... but with excitement and anticipation.
:eyebrows::eyebrows::eyebrows::eyebrows::eyebrows::eyebrows::eyebrows::eyebrows::eyebrows::eyebrows::eyebrows::eyebrows::eyebrows::eyebrows::eyebrows::eyebrows::eyebrows::eyebrows:

First things first... Lets say a HUGE thank you to @Slater for recommending them and bringing them to my attention. :bow::bow::bow::bow:

I decided on this rig for many reasons, of which I'll simply list rather than explain in detail:

1. @Slater recommended them (have you seen his grows!).
  2. Growmau5 developed them.
  3. They comprise of a mix of Samsung 3k and 4k LM301B diodes with added 660nm deep reds. Overall temp is 3060K.
  4. Efficacy is stated at 2.35 Umol/J. Migro tested it and came in at 2.07 at 100W and 2.16 at 60W. 8 run on 2 HLG-320 drivers should be 75W so around 2.1.
  5. 8 spread out over the frame will give the spread I was after and hopefully much deeper penetration :naughtystep::kiss:.
  6. With the discount I managed to get them at £100 over my budget but compared to the QB96's I get waaaaaaaaay more.
So that's it peeps.... Next Mephisto is gonna be interesting!
...Looking forward to seeing your new kit in action :smiley1:

Great light
Rapid kits are top notch.
My only advice would be to get a killawatt meter so you know where they are and if you have a dimmer issue.ive been through five dimmers from them. Ask them to send a few extra. Two wire swap but if one goes during veg you could have half voltage on that side.
I have one off there medical DIY kits and the little two light unit on a side table for a seedling starter. You’ll be very happy with that light. I want the chilled pucks next

Back