Grow Mediums DCAT attempts DWC with Mephisto hubbabubbasmelloscope

Quick morning update..no pics but maybe I'll add some at lunch.
Drank probably a gallon + since yesterday and grew another inch. 40" tall now and damn near reaches wall to wall on my 4x4 tent. My other 3 soil plants are kinda fighting for light almost because the bucket girl is so wide.
Your girl is Rocking!!!! Thats is so awesome. I think you may have a bigger HBSS than me by the time you are through. I am so excited to see how she finishes off.

@striving4greatness , just something to keep in mind. Water can either make or break your grow. Everyones tap water can be very different. Where @dcat0921 has had success with his that is not always the case. If you want an example you can check out my first DWC grow that is in my link. My tap water did not work for DWC so I was able to purchase R/O water which has made for a great second attempt. Good luck my friend
Thanks for the heads up, my tap has a ppm of 188-194, I read so much conflicting info as to what harshness of water is optimal for ph perfect. I've done so many res changes trying to fix my thus far mess ups, alternating between evaporated tap and store bought distilled. Correct me if I'm wrong distilled water needs Calmag supplementing more so than tap when growing under LEDs. Is 194 too high? If so I'll run to the store to get some distilled, I wanna start off on the right track before it's too late

Mine was 300 but it's low in calmag so I use ro water with supplementing calmag
Eureka we might be on to something, I guess it would be wise to look up to understated Calmag levels in the water quality report and not just total ppms because I guess even if your tap overall ppm is low, the Calmag being low as well will call for additional cal mag. The LEDs did a number on my grow from the start as far as cal defiencies without supplementing (at least under Mars reflector with both switches on it did) just a theory might've been something else entirely that causes it

Here's some pics from just now...still at 40"...no new height from this morning.
Image1463166853.881879.jpg
Image1463166863.034146.jpg
Image1463166871.703541.jpg

Got some leaf bits in the bucket from lifting the lid but other than that no issues to note.

Back