Grow Mediums DCAT attempts DWC with Mephisto hubbabubbasmelloscope

I have been using R/O water with no added cal/mag. But the nutrients I use do have some cal/mag in the two part base nutrient. That has been enough...so far.
I used AN 3 part base with voodoo and b52 with distilled water w/o adding Calmag and had what I found out were Cal def spots within 10 days. Two different plants but both had def. One was started on a light feed from day 1 and the other a few days of straight distilled before light feeding.

Here's some pics from just now...still at 40"...no new height from this morning.
View attachment 567600View attachment 567601View attachment 567602
Got some leaf bits in the bucket from lifting the lid but other than that no issues to note.
Here's some pics from just now...still at 40"...no new height from this morning.
View attachment 567600View attachment 567601View attachment 567602
Got some leaf bits in the bucket from lifting the lid but other than that no issues to note.
I think she can handle it she's a beastly beauty!

What nutes do you use
Mills Brand A and B base nutrients. Mills starter A, Mills C4, and Mills PK booster. I am very pleased with the results so far. Using RO water and after adding nutes my ph is always between 5.6 and 5.8. The plant is growing like crazy and I am not having to run 8-10 different nutrients like I did with my AN PH Perfect nutrients. We will see if the quality is there when she finishes and that will be when I determine whether I go back to AN or stay with Mills.

Mills Brand A and B base nutrients. Mills starter A, Mills C4, and Mills PK booster. I am very pleased with the results so far. Using RO water and after adding nutes my ph is always between 5.6 and 5.8. The plant is growing like crazy and I am not having to run 8-10 different nutrients like I did with my AN PH Perfect nutrients. We will see if the quality is there when she finishes and that will be when I determine whether I go back to AN or stay with Mills.
Sometimes less is more and often times less is just enough, I made the noob mistake and fell for the hooplah of the AN lines without really doing extensive resarch on other brands, figuring the extra cost would be worth less work and the raved about quality. This is only my first grow but the 1001 additives in the AN line make me feel like a chemist. I've never seen any other plants grow so I can't really tell if they're doing good or not, but with the beauty's that you @AKsteel and @dcat0921 are growing it's obvious the extra additives don't make up for lack of skill lol. All that to say amazing job:headbang: so far...if the end results quality can rival her growth than I think I might have to give your Mills brand a go after my next

That's the good thing about this is there are many ways to get to the final product. What works for one may not work for another but we can all talk about it without being assholes about it and learn from each other. That's what I love about AFN - nothing but growers trying to help growers.
I was freaked out when I first saw Tangs original feed schedule but when I saw his new one with only 4 items I knew i had to try it. And the fact that it seems to work well for DWC was a huge plus.

That's the good thing about this is there are many ways to get to the final product. What works for one may not work for another but we can all talk about it without being assholes about it and learn from each other. That's what I love about AFN - nothing but growers trying to help growers.
I was freaked out when I first saw Tangs original feed schedule but when I saw his new one with only 4 items I knew i had to try it. And the fact that it seems to work well for DWC was a huge plus.

Yep! using an ph perfect coco bloom nutes in rdwc with tangs eco schedule and it's been going great. Added bonus I don't even have to bother checking or adjusting ph at all. I'm so happy with them so far. If my current grow continues to go the way it is I'll probably never switch unless some amazing brand comes out that also doesn't want me to adjust the ph. ;D

Tell me about it I looked at that schedule and see stars and I definitely agree wholeheartedly AFN is the real deal! After doing so much reading across the web in different forums I was turned off by the distastefulness of some peoples bravado and what not so I intended to only read and gain a tip or two, but along the way I took notice that people actually offer judgement free advice to help their fellow growers perfect our chosen craft. Especially after witnessing how everybody handled @jtrain252 with such class and genuinness I was compelled to finally overcome being shy...By the way sorry for hogging or hijacking whatever you call it, I just realized that the people checking in to see your beauty in her full on awesomeness, have to suffer through my questions and rambling

Tell me about it I looked at that schedule and see stars and I definitely agree wholeheartedly AFN is the real deal! After doing so much reading across the web in different forums I was turned off by the distastefulness of some peoples bravado and what not so I intended to only read and gain a tip or two, but along the way I took notice that people actually offer judgement free advice to help their fellow growers perfect our chosen craft. Especially after witnessing how everybody handled @jtrain252 with such class and genuinness I was compelled to finally overcome being shy...By the way sorry for hogging or hijacking whatever you call it, I just realized that the people checking in to see your beauty in her full on awesomeness, have to suffer through my questions and rambling
That's why it's here man...to ask questions. I'm just glad people are here. If you weren't following then you wouldn't be asking questions and I'd be talking to myself- and that's not fun.
Let me know when you start your grow as I'd love to follow along.

Back