Lighting Dazed' Second Sugar Mango Ryder

Thanks guys, yeah I'm overthinking again. Just leave it alone! I'm using espsom salts and molasses because I'm trying to grow organic. I have a bottle of Plant Magic Magne-Cal+ but it isn't organic I don't think. Everything I've read about organics is it's about the soil and putting chemicals in there can screw with that. I couldn't find an organic calmag product. I have some organic tomato food for flower too, along with Bio-Grow/Bloom.

Does this all sound wrong?

Will post some pics later.

Thanks guys, yeah I'm overthinking again. Just leave it alone! I'm using espsom salts and molasses because I'm trying to grow organic. I have a bottle of Plant Magic Magne-Cal+ but it isn't organic I don't think. Everything I've read about organics is it's about the soil and putting chemicals in there can screw with that. I couldn't find an organic calmag product. I have some organic tomato food for flower too, along with Bio-Grow/Bloom.

Does this all sound wrong?

Will post some pics later.

From what I've read the Magne-Cal is not organic so you're probably best staying away from it. It might not damage the microherd but why chance it. Are General Organics not available where you are? Seems like I see people all over the world on AFN using their cal/mg supplement.

Humboldt Nutrients Equilibrium (Cal/Mag) is organic....good stuff. Recommended to me by EoF..:)

two type of cal mag products are friendly towards organics.Im sure there are prolly others,Im just familiar with these.the General Hydro Cal-Mag+ and Humboldts Equilibrium(it runs thick)with a 1-1-2 and supplements well,even for starter feeds too.you have to remember the first rules of Autos.never feed synthetics or organics soup or tea before the first set of true leaves are up n open slightly.and when they do that they'll be yellow'ish in the center because the seed has used up the natural hormones within the husk and the existing mild foods on the soil.so its now yer job to supplement with either Chems or Organics.with either you make a veeery veeery mild(starter strength) feed for em and literally just lightly sip it into the soil with a small cup/dropper/straw or something to just put the feed in small smooth amounts around yer plants stem.if your soil is good an all that,everything is where its supposed to be man.

for chems Id recommend Liquid Karma,awesome stuff for supplements and additives as well as starter feeds too.

Organics Id recommend Big Bloom,Equilibrium,or a super simple tea cut by 60-80% for starter feed.but with one plant thats a lil overkill LOL!alaskan fish ferts at a couple drops per quart or bigbloom from FF at a few drops per quart as well.maybe even a 2-3 mls.at this stage less IS THEE only way to feed.there are several options here but which ever you choose to feed with its like the most mild forms of feeding at this stage."AFN smoke out""AFN smoke out""AFN smoke out"

See there ;) ^ ^ ^ - LOL

Guys, for the first time in a long time, I'm smiling, this is awesome info-thank you!
It's kind of like I grow my tomatoes, just water until they tell me they need some food (Bio-Bizz is also fantastic for tomato/pepper/herbs/spices/garlic/pea/lemons-All what I have growing right now).

I had some tips from a super-veteran a short time ago and molasses was one of their recommendations- Mangnesium 2%,Iron 2%, Calcium 2%, Potassium 3%, and I have Bio-Grow/Bloom pluuuus some organic tomato food at my disposal.

Eyes, what do you class as the first set of true leaves? Do you think I should start feeding a little? I thought there would be enough in there for at least another week, it's a 6ltr pot.

Distance from the light is 32cm. Temps are hot, getting to 30/31c-90f, nothing I can do about it, it's summer here. I can but see how it goes lol.

Here's some pictures now the lights just came on, looking great. I'm still impressed with the quality of growth with this LED. This is day 6.

IMG_2869.jpgIMG_2867.jpgIMG_2865.jpgIMG_2862.jpgIMG_2860.jpgIMG_2861.jpg

Thanks for the comments people, this one has to work-look-I'm off to such a good start! :help:

Dazed..

Last edited by a moderator:
that's awesome dazed.great to see ya happy!

those two little smaller leaves that are small and yellow near their center,those are your leaves yer looking fer dude.and if thats all ya got molasses is juuust fine man.ya can even buy some dehydrated blackstrap from Vitalabs er something on Amazon,pretty awesome too.but esp with LED's yer gonna need a solid supplement.if thats all the stuff you got might I recommend if your able that is,to get a couple things yer gonna need.like N ferts,bloom n a cal mag geared a little more for cannabis.if not we'll make it work as best we can,just know yer gonna need a few things in the not too distant future imo.and yes imo you need to give her a small something.you may get a few seperate opinions here ofcourse but if you had a quart of water lets say,take an 1/8th teaspoon and dip, dont scoop out some molasses n rinse the spoon off in the water,and then add two or three drops of an organic food(hoping you have liquid something) with mild and low numbers and take a small paper cup or whatever you water with and add a half ounce after you stir it up well or even bubble it for a few hours too.should lend to a greener top,help establish it more secure as a root structure and stem base from the early brix building too.so should do ya juust fine imo.

Thanks Eyes, so next watering I should add, 1ml of molasses and 1ml Bio-grow / ltr water? Or too much? With these temps I will need to water every other day or the pots will go go paper dry.

yeah 1 ml of both should be just fine,but since I dunno anything bout the Veg Bio Grow Id just say one drops should be fine,so yeah 1ml will be fine.ya PH ing yer water?.and dunno how fast they are drying out for ya but just add a half a quart every few days,should be fine Id think.but again,i dont do LED and airpots,sooo....but thats pretty fast.if I were you if they are that dry,with your plant how it is right now,with that small n starter feeding strength stuff yer fixin to make.Id make a few quarts er even a gallon if ya use that much to drench her.but Id make enough mild feed to drench her right now especially if shes dry.:smoke: and if you make about a gallon a small amount I use sometimes is three drops of liquid feed(Ferts) and a teaspoon Molasses kinda glopped on there.LOL!pour slowly to not disturb the soil as best ya can.I pour from a small cup to really get in there tight n close to the soil to you can almost lay the water onto the soil slowly.have patience brother."AFN smoke out""AFN smoke out"

Back