Indoor davisgirl does DWC in a crazy grow tent

I'm also on the fence about mammoth P... for the price I was expecting to see more dramatic results, but I have a feeling it's probably more effective in soil than hydro.
For me in small hydro tent, mammoth P is not worth the cost, increased quality and yield just was not there.
However, in organics,in larger grow with more plants, it may have added some benefit....not scientific, just observation....but questionable for the high cost of this product.
Genetics and KISS are far more important for my grows...but of course that's just me.

Everything looks fine and frosty, even if it isn't the size you would like.

I have heard mixed reviews too on the Greenleaf Megacrop, from my experience there was too much nitrogen for flowering but it was great in veg. So I am using it in veg and my more organic base hodge podge in flower. I think it definitely could have an impact on your flower size, but they do have the Bud Explosion for bloom. I just never felt like I had it "right" for that phase of growth and really love what I'm getting from my old (now back to) regimen.

+1 for the tea, I put off brewing it for awhile and just did another batch; I need to make sure I apply it regular especially with the shitty temps in the room and tents.

My ladies love the tea! It’s a regular thing now. But I still use the Hydroguard as well because I know how root rot ruins everything for weeks practically!

I think the Megacrop is a top quality nutrient, it just wasn’t right for me. As a new grower, I rely heavily on a feeding schedule and theirs is such a broad general guide that it was almost useless. In flower, I really miss the ability to add the “micro” separately from the “grow” and you can’t do that! In another year or two the solutions would probably feel like second nature, but at this point I feel like I’ve been flailing so I’m getting back to basics. It’s just not new grower friendly in flower.

Wow! Growing trees now I see! Great work they look awesome! What kind of yields from plants that big?

Hi FullAuto! My best yield was a pound from one of the NLs. My smallest yield was a little over an ounce from one of my Autoflower testers. Average yield is about 6 -8 ounces. My big trees give me a lot of bud, but in lots of smaller buds rather than the traditional big 6 colas type thing. My ladies now are loaded, I’ll estimate a pound from them combined.

Looking great in there DG! Looks like you'll still be in for a cracking yield even if you're not pulling a pound a plant :bow:

I'm also on the fence about mammoth P... for the price I was expecting to see more dramatic results, but I have a feeling it's probably more effective in soil than hydro.

Hey NiceOption! Hope you are having an awesome summer! Yeah, that price is breathtaking, but I know some pretty cheap people who swear by it, so I’m going to save my pennies and splurge on this next grow.

My goal is to improve just a little on every grow. The quality of the pot has improved, but I think those pictures show a general decline in bud size, quite odd. Switching back to some of my (original) recipe will be interesting. I’m hoping this next grow is my best one yet, then I’ll switch to just veggies in the tent for a bit. Not nearly cost effective — I can get broccoli much cheaper at the grocery than what it costs to grow in my tent. But it’s fun.

I have been dieting recently and I feel like I eat more broccoli and spinach now than ever. I could grow all spinach in the tent, all the time, and not have enough to keep me fed!

For me in small hydro tent, mammoth P is not worth the cost, increased quality and yield just was not there.
However, in organics,in larger grow with more plants, it may have added some benefit....not scientific, just observation....but questionable for the high cost of this product.
Genetics and KISS are far more important for my grows...but of course that's just me.
Hi Idio —

Thanks for weighing in. Your plants are amazing. I might skip the Mammoth P in favor of air stone upgrades, we’ll see — I wasn’t using it on any grow the whole way through so far.

Loving these quality genetics — my favorite plant so far was DP Colorado Cookie. Nothing else comes close to the taste. And KISS is great advice too.

Do you have a favorite strain?

My ladies love the tea! It’s a regular thing now. But I still use the Hydroguard as well because I know how root rot ruins everything for weeks practically!

I think the Megacrop is a top quality nutrient, it just wasn’t right for me. As a new grower, I rely heavily on a feeding schedule and theirs is such a broad general guide that it was almost useless. In flower, I really miss the ability to add the “micro” separately from the “grow” and you can’t do that! In another year or two the solutions would probably feel like second nature, but at this point I feel like I’ve been flailing so I’m getting back to basics. It’s just not new grower friendly in flower.

Hi FullAuto! My best yield was a pound from one of the NLs. My smallest yield was a little over an ounce from one of my Autoflower testers. Average yield is about 6 -8 ounces. My big trees give me a lot of bud, but in lots of smaller buds rather than the traditional big 6 colas type thing. My ladies now are loaded, I’ll estimate a pound from them combined.

Hey NiceOption! Hope you are having an awesome summer! Yeah, that price is breathtaking, but I know some pretty cheap people who swear by it, so I’m going to save my pennies and splurge on this next grow.

My goal is to improve just a little on every grow. The quality of the pot has improved, but I think those pictures show a general decline in bud size, quite odd. Switching back to some of my (original) recipe will be interesting. I’m hoping this next grow is my best one yet, then I’ll switch to just veggies in the tent for a bit. Not nearly cost effective — I can get broccoli much cheaper at the grocery than what it costs to grow in my tent. But it’s fun.

I have been dieting recently and I feel like I eat more broccoli and spinach now than ever. I could grow all spinach in the tent, all the time, and not have enough to keep me fed!

I'm not crapping on Mammoth P, i mean if you have it, you might as well use it. I think it does do something to be fair, i just don't think it does enough to warrant the price. That said, it does last a long time, just a big initial spend.

I say I've been having fantastic results using the shogun nutes, but i have been adding mammoth p and great white too, so they could be playing more of a role than I realise. I dunno. It'll be interesting to see what the roots are like when I harvest.
After using the Shogun, I'll never go near General Hydroponics again. The difference is insane, Shogun is so, so, SO much better. I'd consider picking up a sample pack and trying one out. I think you'll be very impressed with the results. I've never had such healthy looking plants.

Hi Idio —

Thanks for weighing in. Your plants are amazing. I might skip the Mammoth P in favor of air stone upgrades, we’ll see — I wasn’t using it on any grow the whole way through so far.

Loving these quality genetics — my favorite plant so far was DP Colorado Cookie. Nothing else comes close to the taste. And KISS is great advice too.

Do you have a favorite strain?
That's a tough question....dinafem white widow cbd is a favorite at night, but I must take into account the cure may have added to its remarkable taste, smell and effects, in other words I believe an optimum cure can change the characteristics of the same strain.

I'm not crapping on Mammoth P, i mean if you have it, you might as well use it. I think it does do something to be fair, i just don't think it does enough to warrant the price. That said, it does last a long time, just a big initial spend.

I say I've been having fantastic results using the shogun nutes, but i have been adding mammoth p and great white too, so they could be playing more of a role than I realise. I dunno. It'll be interesting to see what the roots are like when I harvest.
After using the Shogun, I'll never go near General Hydroponics again. The difference is insane, Shogun is so, so, SO much better. I'd consider picking up a sample pack and trying one out. I think you'll be very impressed with the results. I've never had such healthy looking plants.
Really! I had pretty good results with GH and still plan on adding the microbials anyway, so maybe I’ll check them out and see if they are a good option for DWC. I’ll take a look at their feeding schedule. Lots of options. Thanks!

Haha! Just looked, can’t get them in the US!! Wasn’t globalization supposed to fix this! :crying:

Ah that sucks. I'm surprised in this day and age.

They're relatively new I think, I'm sure they'll sort out US distribution soon unless of course there's some kind of iffy ingredient in there, although I think EU rules are probably stricter on that than the USDA (or whoever it is that decides these things).

The guy in my hydro shop swore by Emerald Harvest and said the only thing he found better was Shogun, so EH might be a good option. Not cheap though. I think it's about 250 for the line up in 1L bottles. Not seen many people using it tbh.

Seen some people running New Millenium in DWC with jaw dropping results too.

Back