Indoor davisgirl does DWC in a crazy grow tent

I may have f’d up the germinations. I ran out of root riots and instead of reaching for the standby rockwool, I decided to use these cheap expandable discs instead. They were included with something I bought. Sometimes when I water, the seed seems to float to the top type thing. Once it floated up and out of the rooter completely but I managed to retrieve it and reset the position, who knows maybe it got damaged. The Dinafem is up but nothing from Cannarado or Big Bud.

Ya know how I run my seeds, I plant one and expect one plant, and maybe I’ve been lucky. I might need to restart on this one though, but to be fair I’ve got to give them more time. Purely my own fault for not sticking with what works. :doh:Least favorite part of the grow by far.

I may have f’d up the germinations. I ran out of root riots and instead of reaching for the standby rockwool, I decided to use these cheap expandable discs instead. They were included with something I bought. Sometimes when I water, the seed seems to float to the top type thing. Once it floated up and out of the rooter completely but I managed to retrieve it and reset the position, who knows maybe it got damaged. The Dinafem is up but nothing from Cannarado or Big Bud.

Ya know how I run my seeds, I plant one and expect one plant, and maybe I’ve been lucky. I might need to restart on this one though, but to be fair I’ve got to give them more time. Purely my own fault for not sticking with what works. :doh:Least favorite part of the grow by far.
Funny, i literally just said the same thing in hott chat, i hate the germ stage, easily the most stressful portion of the grow imo!

I feel you DG! I just germed a couple and they grew upside down and the taproot was coming out the top of the rock wool cubes so I decided to take the cube apart to turn them round, well my heavy handestness managed to snap off most of the taproot, anyway I tried to put back in another cube but found them dead this morning :nono:
Note to self, dont just chuck the seed in any which way round next time!
20190818_111610.jpg

I feel you DG! I just germed a couple and they grew upside down and the taproot was coming out the top of the rock wool cubes so I decided to take the cube apart to turn them round, well my heavy handestness managed to snap off most of the taproot, anyway I tried to put back in another cube but found them dead this morning :nono:
Note to self, dont just chuck the seed in any which way round next time!
View attachment 1093814
You need to plant the seed deeper into the rock wool. Tap roots often take-off going the wrong direction. It is gravity that signals them to turn and go down but if they are too shallow they do not have the space needed to make the turn. It is also the main cause of "helmet head" the seed needs the grow depth to help scrape off the shell. If the seed just pops right out that cannot happen.

@davisgirl don't use jiffy pots for germ their PH is too inconsistent.

You need to plant the seed deeper into the rock wool. Tap roots often take-off going the wrong direction. It is gravity that signals them to turn and go down but if they are too shallow they do not have the space needed to make the turn. It is also the main cause of "helmet head" the seed needs the grow depth to help scrape off the shell. If the seed just pops right out that cannot happen.

@davisgirl don't use jiffy pots for germ their PH is too inconsistent.
Thanks for the tip MOG as I'm about to make my 2nd attempt!

Hey Chro that sucks ... sorry to hear you are having troubles too. Well, my Dinafem is up, with helmet, so thank you @Mañ'O'Green for that timely tip. Nothing yet for the Mega Buds or Cannarado so I went digging. I’ve got a nice tap root coming on the MB, but zilch from the Cannarado. I’ll give her a few more days, but in the meantime, I dropped another seed in a shot glass in case she doesn’t move.

Time to dust off the trusty rock wool!

Back