Indoor davisgirl does DWC in a crazy grow tent

:woohoo: :d5: No more thawing snow? :rofl: Nice work on the res' auto-filler too! Nice compact system, that Buddie... Filters aren't too bad, carbon and sediment prefilters that is,.. RO membrane can last quite a while if you can back-flush it... I have an old beater Coralife PureFlo 24gpd unit that's had the same membrane for nearly 4 years? I run maybe 5-15 gal/week depending on the season,... but it's busted filter housings twice now, plastic just fatigues out and fragg's! :cuss: prey you catch it before the flooding damage starts :nono:.... So, next break, it's out and I'll look into this style, different housing design and material....
:face: bloody stubborn plant! I sorry I missed the tag luv, but it seems irrelevant now anyway.... It's in a death spiral, same issues despite good roots(!), and with the rest doing nicely, this one has something else malfunctioning internally I think,... hawk her a couple more days if you want, but I think she's all done and a liability to the "community" with her badness- :rofl:
Haha! Thank you @Waira! The plants are so much better — I don’t even recognize them.
ABBCBFB3-D025-4C5C-8A1E-5A1F24357CA2.jpeg

Except for Ripley — her I recognize LOL. But she is cured after the reservoir change with calmagpro and new growth has picked back up. I can’t bring myself to cull her. She probably won’t give me much but I have a soft spot for her.

Yeah that RO buddie — long overdue. You know, I got lazy at the tail end of the last grow with GG and the NLs — they were on all tap water at the end. I couldn’t keep up with the water demand. And I thought they were fine — now after 2 or 3 weeks of curing and the NLs still smell like hay and the bud doesn’t compare to GGs. I’ve got a pound of ditch weed. :nono: It’s not all about yield I would have preferred far less and good quality bud. :shrug:Which inches me a few steps closer to organic soil growing.

It’s all about the learning how to grow in my unique conditions and I’m getting there. Am I the only one whose grow affects their entire life? Like, if the grow is doing well I feel bright and bouncy. If the grow is doing poorly I am irritable and gloomy LOL. This grow has been off to a rough start, even so, I’m excited as hell because the girls took off with the RO water. Can’t wait to post a proper update. And I learned the RO lesson before it decimated the Dragons. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Get an accurate TDS digital meter that can measure low ppm ok.

Yes, I’m not sure if my Bluelab can handle the low ppm so I’ve been adding what I know is 50 ppm and going from there.

DO NOT let the water coming out of a new charcoal filter enter the membrane or it will ruin the membrane immediately.

Thanks for the tips! I will look for the Omnipure filters. Funny thing, when I flushed the carbon filter, there was no mucky runoff. I flushed it for twice as long as they said before I installed the RO membrane though, just to be sure.

Yes, I’m not sure if my Bluelab can handle the low ppm so I’ve been adding what I know is 50 ppm and going from there.

Thanks for the tips! I will look for the Omnipure filters. Funny thing, when I flushed the carbon filter, there was no mucky runoff. I flushed it for twice as long as they said before I installed the RO membrane though, just to be sure.
Fair enough, often times you can see a bunch of carbon flush out of the filter but there will still be carbon flushed out in that process. I picked up a 100 gpd RO Buddy and I’m quite happy with it. It fills my 5G buckets in a couple of hours.

Which inches me a few steps closer to organic soil growing.
There are several companies that offer soil ammendment, the ferts, to add into the soil. Then its water only! Unless you add a bit of recharge or a bloom booster.

:jointman: I get it DG, I couldn't make myself yank the mutie leaf runt SexBud (C99 variant) photo' last season! She started iffy, then look TARFU (super nute sensitive, lacked vigor), but then she started to grow better, so I just let her be for educations' sake... She did better than expected! Looked awful the whole way, but who cares about fans anyway, right? :rofl: In the end, she offered up over an oz of very fine bud, and her aroma alone made it worth it! Fresh apricots live, in mean uncanny aroma similarity,.. dried to something close with peachy notes- :drool:... alas, from my experience with this aroma profile, it doesn't hold well during burn, still nice, but the flavor doesn't translate into the smoke...:shrug: some terps are fragile I guess!
Someday you have to try some Sweet strains, and I'd recommend Green Poison first! ..look her up... comes in auto, F1FV photo', and reg. photo', all are very close to each other... an amazing job on the breeding for stability IMO,... Dense gummy potent nugg's, aroma live is amazing; fruity sweet with kaffir lime and lychee notes that hold close through cure.... and fast as hell! The FV finishes outside for me in under 5 weeks bloom- :hothot:
Hmmm, weak aroma can be caused by several things,... were they aroma rich live, or kinda flat all along (poor genetics)? ...did they fade out at the end? So much can be lost during drying if the conditions aren't good, namely too warm, or dried too fast from super low RH%... Lack of the right amounts of K, S and micro's can make for weak aroma too,... that's the balancing act with this "flush" business! My Outdoor Grapefruit was low odor all the way through cure, but it's still delish' and quite potent....
I'm with you luv, I want quality over quantity all the way! I grow waaaay more than I can smoke, but I'm such a snobby slut for variety I grow multiple strains every time, aiming for a mix buzzes and efficacies... One up side to soil is you aren't tied to a res' with plants that may have very different finishing speeds and needs. I'm looking into KIS organics soil amendment which you can mix in and have a "water only" grow.... they do recommend the other usual supplements (Si, humic-fulvic, inoculants, maybe some PK boosting during bloom)... FullDuplex is the man to talk with here about that! On my to-do list,.. the farm he works with runs on KIS...:greenthumb:
:biggrin: oh man, your MoJo and the grow MoJo are totally tied! I see it in my other plants too, orchids, carnivores, succulents....:vibe:

:jointman: I get it DG, I couldn't make myself yank the mutie leaf runt SexBud (C99 variant) photo' last season! She started iffy, then look TARFU (super nute sensitive, lacked vigor), but then she started to grow better, so I just let her be for educations' sake... She did better than expected! Looked awful the whole way, but who cares about fans anyway, right? :rofl: In the end, she offered up over an oz of very fine bud, and her aroma alone made it worth it! Fresh apricots live, in mean uncanny aroma similarity,.. dried to something close with peachy notes- :drool:... alas, from my experience with this aroma profile, it doesn't hold well during burn, still nice, but the flavor doesn't translate into the smoke...:shrug: some terps are fragile I guess!
Someday you have to try some Sweet strains, and I'd recommend Green Poison first! ..look her up... comes in auto, F1FV photo', and reg. photo', all are very close to each other... an amazing job on the breeding for stability IMO,... Dense gummy potent nugg's, aroma live is amazing; fruity sweet with kaffir lime and lychee notes that hold close through cure.... and fast as hell! The FV finishes outside for me in under 5 weeks bloom- :hothot:
Hmmm, weak aroma can be caused by several things,... were they aroma rich live, or kinda flat all along (poor genetics)? ...did they fade out at the end? So much can be lost during drying if the conditions aren't good, namely too warm, or dried too fast from super low RH%... Lack of the right amounts of K, S and micro's can make for weak aroma too,... that's the balancing act with this "flush" business! My Outdoor Grapefruit was low odor all the way through cure, but it's still delish' and quite potent....
I'm with you luv, I want quality over quantity all the way! I grow waaaay more than I can smoke, but I'm such a snobby slut for variety I grow multiple strains every time, aiming for a mix buzzes and efficacies... One up side to soil is you aren't tied to a res' with plants that may have very different finishing speeds and needs. I'm looking into KIS organics soil amendment which you can mix in and have a "water only" grow.... they do recommend the other usual supplements (Si, humic-fulvic, inoculants, maybe some PK boosting during bloom)... FullDuplex is the man to talk with here about that! On my to-do list,.. the farm he works with runs on KIS...:greenthumb:
:biggrin: oh man, your MoJo and the grow MoJo are totally tied! I see it in my other plants too, orchids, carnivores, succulents....:vibe:
Yes to the KIS soil ammendment! I have just used it, of course it grew 2 beautiful males for 30 days. I hated to chop them

Haha! Thank you @Waira! The plants are so much better — I don’t even recognize them. View attachment 1024291

Except for Ripley — her I recognize LOL. But she is cured after the reservoir change with calmagpro and new growth has picked back up. I can’t bring myself to cull her. She probably won’t give me much but I have a soft spot for her.

Yeah that RO buddie — long overdue. You know, I got lazy at the tail end of the last grow with GG and the NLs — they were on all tap water at the end. I couldn’t keep up with the water demand. And I thought they were fine — now after 2 or 3 weeks of curing and the NLs still smell like hay and the bud doesn’t compare to GGs. I’ve got a pound of ditch weed. :nono: It’s not all about yield I would have preferred far less and good quality bud. :shrug:Which inches me a few steps closer to organic soil growing.

It’s all about the learning how to grow in my unique conditions and I’m getting there. Am I the only one whose grow affects their entire life? Like, if the grow is doing well I feel bright and bouncy. If the grow is doing poorly I am irritable and gloomy LOL. This grow has been off to a rough start, even so, I’m excited as hell because the girls took off with the RO water. Can’t wait to post a proper update. And I learned the RO lesson before it decimated the Dragons. :thumbsup:
Screw it Ill bite. Yes... I can say the grow will effect my entire mood lol. If my plants are happy I am happy :)

Someday you have to try some Sweet strains, and I'd recommend Green Poison first! ..

I’ve got my eye on Sweet Seeds! I’m particularly entranced with the Black Creme and the Green Poison sounds lovely as well. I’ve seen their Gorilla Girl banner enough onsite that I’ve pretty well decided on a photo run at some point too.

Yes to the KIS soil ammendment!

I’ve heard a lot of good things about their lineup. They’ll definitely be a top contender when I get started.

They look great. I knew you’d pull through!

Thanks NewDream! Got my mojo back!

Screw it Ill bite. Yes... I can say the grow will effect my entire mood lol. If my plants are happy I am happy
Haha! When the grow is going good...
C8D73A49-13CD-468F-AE52-BBBF8E9056B6.jpeg

Time for an update. Things are starting to grow well in the tent! Very encouraged. Seeing a true calmag deficiency across the board so I’ve sweetened their dosage of CalMagPro and looking for confirmation that it’s enough. But overall, these ladies have made quite a turnaround converting to all RO.

49FA15D8-B0B8-4F03-8EFC-65ACF7F337A7.jpeg

Meph is out, sadly. At 22 days, a general failure to thrive that overruled even my sappy sentiments. I had expected a bit more of a recovery, but maybe she’s just a runt. In any case, she’ll be headlining grow 3, I haven’t seen the last of her. The only reason she hasn’t been culled yet is because I can’t figure out how to reconfigure the lights. :haha:
FF016399-6A4F-450E-9FE9-9C6171CEAC87.jpeg
FBEEF75E-4471-4BCA-98AF-3DCBFD97CD4E.jpeg

Dutch Passion Colorado Cookies, day 19 — what a joy to grow! The structure and branching, just brilliant. Topped her at the 5th node, lots of ponytailing, going to start LST soon. Love this plant, robust growth. She is also showing the calmag deficiency the hardest so I’m keeping a close eye on her.
2960AE9B-285E-4A58-9AA1-7FCCF13109F9.jpeg

Dinafem White Widow XXL day 32 — another robust plant — wow, this girl has it going on. Lots of active LST with her. She seems to have a lot of sativa in her, I don’t think she’ll need as much defoliation. She was a freebie seed, small and hard and brown and I expected nothing from it but here she is:
5A3A0E33-8E29-450A-BB42-C30738DC488F.jpeg

Lastly, here is my Fastbuds GSC, day 37, her recovery has been amazing, a pleasure to grow:
2744DFB0-6591-4B75-9990-A28BCEC8D8A9.jpeg

I finally managed to get my hands on some Enhance MC from Green Life Biotics. It was recommended to me months back so I’m excited to try it. It is replacing the Mammoth P. I don’t know if it’s necessarily better than the Mammoth P but the price point is sustainable going forward.

In spite of me flubbing up the Mephisto, really appreciating the superior genetics on this grow, Dutch, Dina, even Fastbuds.

Attachments

• D43E385C-8BC2-4200-B678-5A713C1E5A45.jpeg
    D43E385C-8BC2-4200-B678-5A713C1E5A45.jpeg
    172.5 KB · Views: 206
  • 2B0373C2-EE61-4E7C-851B-48E13516D359.jpeg
    2B0373C2-EE61-4E7C-851B-48E13516D359.jpeg
    181.7 KB · Views: 231
  • 5BC25C46-5FCD-49A3-B46A-E5E304FFF9A5.jpeg
    5BC25C46-5FCD-49A3-B46A-E5E304FFF9A5.jpeg
    136.3 KB · Views: 225
  • F9C90237-B259-4BF4-B067-847CD4EF8DB6.jpeg
    F9C90237-B259-4BF4-B067-847CD4EF8DB6.jpeg