Indoor davisgirl does DWC in a crazy grow tent

I am so fucking lucky — grinning like a Cheshire Cat all over here.

The RO Buddie is my lifesaver. For now. I think it’s like a laser printer thing — the unit is cheap, but the replacement filters ... The plants seem to like it more. :rofl:

Well I checked out the Canadian units at Canadian Tire, $300 but filters replaced at 12 months for charcoal, 3-4 years for the membrane one and uhhh can't remember the last ones but longer time too. 4 stage vs 3 for Buddie but the Buddie is good enough if you like it.

I am so fucking lucky — grinning like a Cheshire Cat all over here.

The RO Buddie is my lifesaver. For now. I think it’s like a laser printer thing — the unit is cheap, but the replacement filters ... The plants seem to like it more. :rofl:

The sediment filters are not that expensive. Get an accurate TDS digital meter that can measure low ppm ok. Your RO ppm is probably what now? 5? Measure your ppm as you use it and if you notice the ppm go up to like 10 or 15, its time to change the 2 cheap cartridges out. Not the membrane. @Beerhunter CDN helped me with my RO system and knows his RO and thats what he told me. And you can buy the two sediment type carts in bulk for pretty cheap. Stock up on those. And keep a membrane spare handy. Best $50 you ever spent on growing tools guaranteed.

I think it’s the cobs in DWC. Struggled with calmag deficiency my entire first grow.

I know for a FACT through research using my BEASTLY ASS QB96 Elite V2’s.... they growing with bright WHITE LIGHT LEDs such as COBS and QUANTUM BOARDS will in FACT increase your plants need for cal mag, cal specifically actually but both is good.

I saw it first hand, I swear to god it’s your intense cobs bro

No worries!! That’s a great problem to have

And it’s NORMAL with high end grow lights

Any questions PM me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The sediment filters are not that expensive. Get an accurate TDS digital meter that can measure low ppm ok. Your RO ppm is probably what now? 5? Measure your ppm as you use it and if you notice the ppm go up to like 10 or 15, its time to change the 2 cheap cartridges out. Not the membrane. @Beerhunter CDN helped me with my RO system and knows his RO and thats what he told me. And you can buy the two sediment type carts in bulk for pretty cheap. Stock up on those. And keep a membrane spare handy. Best $50 you ever spent on growing tools guaranteed.
Yep!! Changing the prefilters is key to the longevity of the membrane. The membranes aren’t even that bad on Amazon. Prefilters can only pull out and hold so much particulate and chlorine before they begin to unload that particulate and chlorine into the membrane. Once that happens, the membrane will fail quickly and the ppm of your RO water will rise substantially. So, I’d recommend checking the ppm of your RO water and when it begins to rise take note of how much RO water you have produced up to that point. Then you have a reference point for when you need to change your prefilters. The rule of thumb for changing the membrane is approximately 7% of the ppm of your tap water. For example, if your tap water is 225 ppm then when your RO water measures approx. 15 ppm it’s time to change the membrane. Be sure to flush the charcoal filter by hooking it up to the RO system and letting the water go down the drain. DO NOT let the water coming out of a new charcoal filter enter the membrane or it will ruin the membrane immediately. You will see all the loose carbon flush out of the filter. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions.

I know for a FACT through research using my BEASTLY ASS QB96 Elite V2’s.... they growing with bright WHITE LIGHT LEDs such as COBS and QUANTUM BOARDS will in FACT increase your plants need for cal mag, cal specifically actually but both is good.

I saw it first hand, I swear to god it’s your intense cobs bro

No worries!! That’s a great problem to have

And it’s NORMAL with high end grow lights

Any questions PM me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Still looking for any studies to prove this..... lol :coffee2:

Yep!! Changing the prefilters is key to the longevity of the membrane. The membranes aren’t even that bad on Amazon. Prefilters can only pull out and hold so much particulate and chlorine before they begin to unload that particulate and chlorine into the membrane. Once that happens, the membrane will fail quickly and the ppm of your RO water will rise substantially. So, I’d recommend checking the ppm of your RO water and when it begins to rise take note of how much RO water you have produced up to that point. Then you have a reference point for when you need to change your prefilters. The rule of thumb for changing the membrane is approximately 7% of the ppm of your tap water. For example, if your tap water is 225 ppm then when your RO water measures approx. 15 ppm it’s time to change the membrane. Be sure to flush the charcoal filter by hooking it up to the RO system and letting the water go down the drain. DO NOT let the water coming out of a new charcoal filter enter the membrane or it will ruin the membrane immediately. You will see all the loose carbon flush out of the filter. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions.
Thanks Beerhunter! I appreciate that. My tap water is SO bad — 360 ppm — the RO buddie is my lifesaver. I suspect I’m going to speed through the filters quicker than most. I’m going to order an extra set of all of them, and plan on replacing the 2 prefilters probably every 60 days.

Still looking for any studies to prove this..... lol :coffee2:

@ColoradoDreaming420 this forum is full of the proof you are seeking. I take the word of first class growers with real world experience as well as my own personal experience. LED and COB (same thing) requires an increase in Cal-Mag to prevent deficiencies that are not present under HID light grows. Been there and done that. That said not all strains are the same in this regard. I have grown a couple of Photoperiod plants that did not seem to need it. Go browse the infirmary eventually you will see the pattern.

Thanks Beerhunter! I appreciate that. My tap water is SO bad — 360 ppm — the RO buddie is my lifesaver. I suspect I’m going to speed through the filters quicker than most. I’m going to order an extra set of all of them, and plan on replacing the 2 prefilters probably every 60 days.
Anytime DG! For prefilters I like Omnipure Brand, you can get them online easily from several sources. Not all prefilters are created equal, you need to read the fine print for their rated volume of filtration.

:woohoo: :d5: No more thawing snow? :rofl: Nice work on the res' auto-filler too! Nice compact system, that Buddie... Filters aren't too bad, carbon and sediment prefilters that is,.. RO membrane can last quite a while if you can back-flush it... I have an old beater Coralife PureFlo 24gpd unit that's had the same membrane for nearly 4 years? I run maybe 5-15 gal/week depending on the season,... but it's busted filter housings twice now, plastic just fatigues out and fragg's! :cuss: prey you catch it before the flooding damage starts :nono:.... So, next break, it's out and I'll look into this style, different housing design and material....
:face: bloody stubborn plant! I sorry I missed the tag luv, but it seems irrelevant now anyway.... It's in a death spiral, same issues despite good roots(!), and with the rest doing nicely, this one has something else malfunctioning internally I think,... hawk her a couple more days if you want, but I think she's all done and a liability to the "community" with her badness- :rofl:

Back