Indoor davisgirl does DWC in a crazy grow tent

Behold, the Taj Mahal. The final major remaining project: hooking the new buckets to the top off reservoir outside the tent. Does anyone have any advice as far as making holes in the tent? The standard ports don’t work for me, I’m looking for something 4 footish, the top off will be on the other side of that back wall.

A8B3C9C3-37C3-4E63-98B5-220C7E7F5D8A.jpeg

Last edited:
Make a little flap of material with velcro and just poke a little hole where you want the line to come in then use velcro sticky tape around all 4 sides and put the velcro flap over it to close the hole for light and air. Does that make sense?

ScreenHunter_181 Feb. 28 18.35.jpg

Make a little flap of material with velcro and just poke a little hole where you want the line to come in then use velcro sticky tape around all 4 sides and put the velcro flap over it to close the hole for light and air. Does that make sense?

View attachment 1022049
Yes — love it! Great idea, thanks MOG!

Well I am just glad it is working I was running out of ideas.
OK @Mañ'O'Green and @Waira — dramatic improvement on the ladies, all except little 13 day old Meph Ripley OG. This looks a little different and affects the new growth as well, where it is faintly visible on the tips. Can I add cal mag to an existing reservoir?
06419C22-6CA1-43DB-AD4B-8704F71DB4BB.jpeg

Do you have Epsom salt? Looks more like mag. And its mobile and on new growth.

Behold, the Taj Mahal. The final major remaining project: hooking the new buckets to the top off reservoir outside the tent. Does anyone have any advice as far as making holes in the tent? The standard ports don’t work for me, I’m looking for something 4 footish, the top off will be on the other side of that back wall.

View attachment 1021856
Looking quite roomy! Recently read through your first grow journal and was interested in how you hooked up the top-off res to the buckets. I'm having trouble visualizing how the float valves are hooked up inside the buckets without either the net pot or the plant roots interfering with its action. If you have any pics of the inside of your buckets and how this all fits together, I'd really like to see them.

Looking quite roomy! Recently read through your first grow journal and was interested in how you hooked up the top-off res to the buckets. I'm having trouble visualizing how the float valves are hooked up inside the buckets without either the net pot or the plant roots interfering with its action. If you have any pics of the inside of your buckets and how this all fits together, I'd really like to see them.
Yes, I will take some good pictures for you. It’s a tight fit but works perfectly.

Back