Indoor davisgirl does DWC in a crazy grow tent

@Iriee Vibez I thought you were using GreenLeaf nutrients? Humph well I am using GreenLeaf in my hydro drip to waste with no issues:

View attachment 1019884
:drool: See @Mañ'O'Green That’s what I want. Not about to abandon DWC any time soon so the sooner we figure it out, the better. :thumbsup:

This is the faucet I need to access to hook up the RO unit, but I can’t figure out how to get that hose off it. Any ideas?
DC03891D-C331-4ABC-A532-CDAB267D83E2.jpeg

Last edited:
:wall: DG, you say the rest of her tank mates are fine, this FB GSC is the only one acting like this? ...sometimes I forget the wisdom of Occam's Razor! :doh: If the others are fine, even after all the tweaking you have done, then this fekkin' GSC may just be one of those hopelessly bitchy pheno's... that it's moved up another set of leaves pisses me off! This is the down side to hydro, with different strains; if one dislikes it's little watery world and the others are fine, you're stuck dealing with a malcontent- :rofl: .... OK, rereading things, I see you may have been overloading with Ca-Mg, and excess Ca seems to be potentially problematic with P availability according to the charts, including the wheel of confusion- :rofl: ...
full

>>> I'm not sure of the exact chemistry behind it, the "why" behind how the antagonistic chemistry of Ca and PO4 (or H-PO4) ions in solution, most potential compounds are insoluble,...:shrug:... but again with the other plants doing OK, such a lockout would affect them too, and if insoluble precipitates formed you'd see them? Since MC2.0 had more Ca/Mg in it, maybe the supp' Ca-Mg is overkill?

...that hose fitting is a standard screw-off type, but things are looking pretty crusty so you may need pliers to turn it (to the left) until it's freed up.... looks like a little bit of teflon tape was used, a good thing, so it may turn more easily...

:wall: DG, you say the rest of her tank mates are fine, this FB GSC is the only one acting like this? ...sometimes I forget the wisdom of Occam's Razor! :doh: If the others are fine, even after all the tweaking you have done, then this fekkin' GSC may just be one of those hopelessly bitchy pheno's... that it's moved up another set of leaves pisses me off! This is the down side to hydro, with different strains; if one dislikes it's little watery world and the others are fine, you're stuck dealing with a malcontent- :rofl: .... OK, rereading things, I see you may have been overloading with Ca-Mg, and excess Ca seems to be potentially problematic with P availability according to the charts, including the wheel of confusion- :rofl: ...
full

>>> I'm not sure of the exact chemistry behind it, the "why" behind how the antagonistic chemistry of Ca and PO4 (or H-PO4) ions in solution, most potential compounds are insoluble,...:shrug:... but again with the other plants doing OK, such a lockout would affect them too, and if insoluble precipitates formed you'd see them? Since MC2.0 had more Ca/Mg in it, maybe the supp' Ca-Mg is overkill?

...that hose fitting is a standard screw-off type, but things are looking pretty crusty so you may need pliers to turn it (to the left) until it's freed up.... looks like a little bit of teflon tape was used, a good thing, so it may turn more easily...
Thank you @Waira! 16” of snow overnight not getting any RO water today. I’ll try giving that a few cranks, if I can get it loose then I’m in RO heaven.

The others she’s in with are babies just yet. I think I see a few spots on the Ripley’s OG on the upper left.
7E09F299-237F-45CF-A056-FD6001CBEB95.jpeg

You would know brother. You had issues and look where you are now. Just learn and follow the system.

Yep, my first grow was a crazy challenge! One right after another. All lessons learned going forward.

@davisgirl I know it isn't fun, but man, you are going to be so much more experienced afterwards. This grow will count as three or four as far as experience gained. And you will end up with buds to smoke to show from this grow, also!

Keep making adjustments and track results. You are going to dial it in. Trust me!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

@manogreen I am using Advanced Nutrients as DG noted. You have it down correctly on the Lighting grow thread.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
Yes I checked that after it was pointed out to me. I think we need to pop over to the GreenLeaf forum and find out if anyone else is having problems with MC2.0. I am running MC1.0.

Are you using MegaCrop 1.0 or 2.0?

:drool: See @Mañ'O'Green That’s what I want. Not about to abandon DWC any time soon so the sooner we figure it out, the better. :thumbsup:

This is the faucet I need to access to hook up the RO unit, but I can’t figure out how to get that hose off it. Any ideas?
View attachment 1019890

I see what I think is a grounding wire running to that plumbing? If it is do not cut it. Does the valve close completely to turn the water off? what does the hose go to? I the cement preventing you from just unscrewing the hose?

Yes, I’m using the MC 2.0. I don’t know what that wire is. The faucet is the cold water supply headed to the washing machine. I can’t get it open because it’s on there good, and my pliers suck. I have better ones coming.

Yes, I’m using the MC 2.0. I don’t know what that wire is. The faucet is the cold water supply headed to the washing machine. I can’t get it open because it’s on there good, and my pliers suck. I have better ones coming.
It has probably been on there a long time. You do not want to mess with it if it does not turn the water off. Is it easier to disconnect it from the back of the washer?

Back