Indoor davisgirl does DWC in a crazy grow tent

If that hose connection has been on there for awhile you’ll want to use a new rubber washer when you put it back on. I’m assuming you’re going to put a splitter on so you can still use your washing machine and RO unit when you need to, or you can just disregard the washer and wear dirty clothes while growing your weed. :crying:

If that hose connection has been on there for awhile you’ll want to use a new rubber washer when you put it back on. I’m assuming you’re going to put a splitter on so you can still use your washing machine and RO unit when you need to, or you can just disregard the washer and wear dirty clothes while growing your weed. :crying:
Haha! My priorities are in order!

Like one like this?:
CE78D40A-3D03-43E0-8A6C-386590658A15.jpeg

It has probably been on there a long time. You do not want to mess with it if it does not turn the water off. Is it easier to disconnect it from the back of the washer?
I checked, it does turn the water off. I was thinking of manhandling it open, then replacing it with one of these:
45FA85DC-374A-463C-B435-922C6A7011C3.jpeg

This is what the hose looks like in back of the washing machine:

7DDD3541-F50C-4019-AD89-52826A852256.jpeg

I checked, it does turn the water off. I was thinking of manhandling it open, then replacing it with one of these:
View attachment 1020009

View attachment 1020010
I would think about replacing the hoses too while you are doing all that. Won't take much to make them leak after they get some age.

Yes but I would splurge and get a metal one to avoid possible cracks and leaks.

I had so many break or leak on me I upgraded to Lee Valley's Y shutoff and it was so worth it. Very well built. Great quality. Polished stainless steel ball inside an all brass fitting. Been using one for my backyard for about 4 years now. They are slightly overkill for a laundry room RO filter setup but if you want the best this is close.

upload_2019-2-24_20-45-14.png

View attachment 1020009

View attachment 1020010
You need to be careful in removing the hose from the valve in the original picture copper plumbing is not very strong and can be broken if too much force is applied you are going to want to use a crescent wrench on the valve so any pressure you put on the hose fitting does not flow past the valve. You may need to remove the valve handle to get a good bite on the valve.

I don't know. I just looked at that 1st picture and the back of the washer again. You are on the verge of a plumbing emergency as that stuff is rotten. I think I see the hot water connection under the black corrugated pipe in the first picture and it looks really bad also. I think you need a plumber or handyman/handywomen with experience in dealing with this. I lived in a 100 year old farm house when I was young and I wanted to fix a dripping kitchen faucet. 3 days later the pipe from the pump 100 yards away from the kitchen sink through the wall and up to the new faucet was all new. If I had known not to twist on that old pipe it would have been much easier. The pipe was so old it could not be repaired. Do you have any friends you trust enough to help? Cook'm dinner share some weed.

You need to be careful in removing the hose from the valve in the original picture copper plumbing is not very strong and can be broken if too much force is applied you are going to want to use a crescent wrench on the valve so any pressure you put on the hose fitting does not flow past the valve. You may need to remove the valve handle to get a good bite on the valve.

I don't know. I just looked at that 1st picture and the back of the washer again. You are on the verge of a plumbing emergency as that stuff is rotten. I think I see the hot water connection under the black corrugated pipe in the first picture and it looks really bad also. I think you need a plumber or handyman/handywomen with experience in dealing with this. I lived in a 100 year old farm house when I was young and I wanted to fix a dripping kitchen faucet. 3 days later the pipe from the pump 100 yards away from the kitchen sink through the wall and up to the new faucet was all new. If I had known not to twist on that old pipe it would have been much easier. The pipe was so old it could not be repaired. Do you have any friends you trust enough to help? Cook'm dinner share some weed.

Definitely take the handle off the valve and put a wrench on the shut off valve body before trying to turn the hose connection off. With a wrench held firmly on the valve body, it won’t twist the pipe or other connections while you turn the hose connection. I hope that makes sense, it’s known as using a backing wrench in my world. Thanks @Mañ'O'Green i forgot to mention holding the valve body with another wrench.

Woe is me. Hundred year old farmhouse indeed. Built in 1906. I’ve half a mind to scrap the RO Buddie and keep bringing the RO in, and I’m tired of fucking around with my babies and the water they have to grow in, switching to 100% RO immediately. Overnight, the girls are looking shittier than ever and almost all have the signs of voodoo water syndrome:
E7FA5FCF-B8F3-4D9B-994D-88C957E39603.jpeg

Here is a breakdown of my current weekly demand for RO water:
1C881E6D-41AD-4D2B-8DB2-C058831BD7BE.jpeg

Looks as if I’ll have the sabbath for a day of rest. For now — once these plants turn into the monsters they will be, they’ll be taking down a gallon a day each easy, for an additional 49 gallons per week. And this situation has to be resolved befote then.

Good grief!

Stone Dragon autoregs, grow diary in the Dragon Meds forum if your interested. Trying for 3 females:
CE257B7A-8AAB-4B7B-86EC-2BF4FB099065.jpeg

Woe is me. Hundred year old farmhouse indeed. Built in 1906. I’ve half a mind to scrap the RO Buddie and keep bringing the RO in, and I’m tired of fucking around with my babies and the water they have to grow in, switching to 100% RO immediately. Overnight, the girls are looking shittier than ever and almost all have the signs of voodoo water syndrome:
View attachment 1020167

Here is a breakdown of my current weekly demand for RO water:
View attachment 1020168

Looks as if I’ll have the sabbath for a day of rest. For now — once these plants turn into the monsters they will be, they’ll be taking down a gallon a day each easy, for an additional 49 gallons per week. And this situation has to be resolved by then.

Good grief!
Wow! You’re working it! I have no doubt you’ll pull thru this. You’re a very good grower. You do well with measurements and adjusting accordingly. I’ll be seeing these girls weighed with buds in no time.

Back