Indoor davisgirl does DWC in a crazy grow tent

Ok it’s officially time to bring in the big guns! @Mañ'O'Green your presence is requested in this most delicate situation of 21 day old Miss GSC, currently suffering from ugly leaves. She was just wearing a ponytail on her top leaves which is why they look fucked up:
View attachment 1018533 View attachment 1018534 View attachment 1018535
Here is the res change she just got:
View attachment 1018536 View attachment 1018537

I got the same thing with my new growth being too lime green, I think I got an iron and/or sulfur def. so I'm going back to using my Grotek line on my photos for now, just too many issues. I got the same brown spots, are yours fuzzy looking through a microscope or loupe? Mine aren't, it's necrotic spots from the mag def. on the older growth.
Yours look identical to mine.
Your roots are still OK right?
I find this chart to be pretty useful http://loudclouds.co/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/marijuana-deficiency-chart-jorge-cervantes.jpg

Ok it’s officially time to bring in the big guns! @Mañ'O'Green your presence is requested in this most delicate situation of 21 day old Miss GSC, currently suffering from ugly leaves. She was just wearing a ponytail on her top leaves which is why they look fucked up:
View attachment 1018533 View attachment 1018534 View attachment 1018535
Here is the res change she just got:
View attachment 1018536 View attachment 1018537
That looks like a P phosphorus deficiency to me lets get a second opinion @Waira . Waira she has 320 ppm tap water that she dilutes with 50% RO to get it down to ~180ppm to use. Do you think that water is locking up her P? I just looked it up zinc and iron can lock it up. Does your water taste like iron or is it red? At this point I would back off on the Cal-Mag to about 25% on the additional MagPro. After Waira chimes in do what he recommends or do a res change and mix more RO to get the starting PPMs down to under 100ppm with normal nutrients for this time frame.

Ps maybe no extra Cal-Mag as I just read it too can lock P!

Last edited:
:pass: DG luv, did I miss this in Sick Bay? ... As you know, I'm not a hydro guy per se,... but defc's are defc's and all that.... Sooooo, I'ma say this is showing more P defc. than Ca, though the two can look much alike... On larger plants it's a bit easier to tell because Ca is nearly/immobile, P is mobile within the plant so Ca tends to hit higher up; P also tends to show larger patchy necrosis (especially interveinally like your lowers), Ca more spotty but there's plenty of grey in between :doh: .... ( @RivetGrrl -- you too if you haven't seen it, pics are better than drawings :thumbsup:) --check out the pics in the Defc. Depot for Ca and P and you'll see what I mean.. Often it's the pH that's the tie breaker,...
...there's no sign of Mg defc. so IMO skip the epsoms, all that Ca in the res' with SO4 can potentially react and make a flocculant crap that's basically gypsum (CaSO4)... It's rare, but it happens,...
..what's your pH been ranging? From what I see in the availability charts, keeping your pH on the more acidic side of acceptable range, so 5.7-5.9 can help keep Ca more available, other nutes in general too, particularly micronutes which are bitchy as is in solution,.. this is one reason why I recommend adding in a micronute supplement and humic-fulvic (fulvic alone, like Ful-Power, is excellent, a clear light gold color, not brown and fulvic chelates well, plus can be taken into the cell directly, intact; humics can't-- too large)... micro are involved with a variety of uptake and metabolism of other nute ions,...
.... it won't hurt to add a dash of something P heavy, low K (MC is loaded with that) if it's handy; certain bloom boosters will have no N, heavy P, moderate K,... Open Sesame comes to mind, or if you have the old mother Monarch from GLN,...

ooops! :oops1:

That looks like a P phosphorus deficiency to me lets get a second opinion @Waira . Waira she has 320 ppm tap water that she dilutes with 50% RO to get it down to ~180ppm to use. Do you think that water is locking up her P? I just looked it up zinc and iron can lock it up. Does your water taste like iron or is it red? At this point I would back off on the Cal-Mag to about 25% on the additional MagPro. After Waira chimes in do what he recommends or do a res change and mix more RO to get the starting PPMs down to under 100ppm with normal nutrients for this time frame.

:yeahthat: ... I'd take it down even more, since we're trying to lower the pH w/o upping the TDS ( from pH adjusters, unless the pH down is phosphoric acid based, then the extra P is fine)... but no that shouldn't cause any lockout issues.... the CaCO3 in the water doesn't always translate to available Ca++,.. and all the carbonate becomes bicarbonate, which is mainly how pH buffering in aqueous solution works,... Remember, you can always use Ca-Mg as a foliar and keep the "extra" out of the roots/res' side of the equation, and it's faster getting in,... DG have I touted the Gospels of Optic Foliar to you yet? Transport is a awesome tool to have for any foliar applications; this is the part of their formulations that allows temporary penetration through the cuticle layer, rather than just through the stomata,.. with Transport, no need for wetting agents (critical for foliar otherwise) or even getting the underside (more stomata there vs topside)....
Use any such nutritional supp' at half strength as foliar,...

:pass: DG luv, did I miss this in Sick Bay? ... As you know, I'm not a hydro guy per se,... but defc's are defc's and all that.... Sooooo, I'ma say this is showing more P defc. than Ca, though the two can look much alike... On larger plants it's a bit easier to tell because Ca is nearly/immobile, P is mobile within the plant so Ca tends to hit higher up; P also tends to show larger patchy necrosis (especially interveinally like your lowers), Ca more spotty but there's plenty of grey in between :doh: .... ( @RivetGrrl -- you too if you haven't seen it, pics are better than drawings :thumbsup:) --check out the pics in the Defc. Depot for Ca and P and you'll see what I mean.. Often it's the pH that's the tie breaker,...
...there's no sign of Mg defc. so IMO skip the epsoms, all that Ca in the res' with SO4 can potentially react and make a flocculant crap that's basically gypsum (CaSO4)... It's rare, but it happens,...
..what's your pH been ranging? From what I see in the availability charts, keeping your pH on the more acidic side of acceptable range, so 5.7-5.9 can help keep Ca more available, other nutes in general too, particularly micronutes which are bitchy as is in solution,.. this is one reason why I recommend adding in a micronute supplement and humic-fulvic (fulvic alone, like Ful-Power, is excellent, a clear light gold color, not brown and fulvic chelates well, plus can be taken into the cell directly, intact; humics can't-- too large)... micro are involved with a variety of uptake and metabolism of other nute ions,...
.... it won't hurt to add a dash of something P heavy, low K (MC is loaded with that) if it's handy; certain bloom boosters will have no N, heavy P, moderate K,... Open Sesame comes to mind, or if you have the old mother Monarch from GLN,...

It's so frustrating when things resemble each other, with the spots and striping it looked so much like a mag issue... As always Waira and Man 'O' Green have the answers :thumbsup:
I'll go have another look at that thread, it's a great resource.

Thanks for having a look @Mañ'O'Green and @Waira ! My tap water isn’t red, it leaves a chalky white residue everywhere. I’ve been keeping my pH sitting in the 6.2-6.5 range but I set it yesterday to 5.8 to let it get to the lower ranges. MOG is sweet candy or BE high in P but not K?

LOVE the Optic Foliar ! They get it every other day. Not helping at the moment as far as I can tell. Also sprayed them with calmag mixed with a little cocowet 2 days ago hoping to head off this P deficiency :thumbsup::haha:

I don’t have Open Sesame or Mother Monarch, but I can get either one quickly —
47BA630B-5B83-4EF8-9129-F953AB5E5657.png

Last edited:
The deficiency has progressed overnight:
017D05D2-6E1B-44D7-91AE-DAC577182DDB.jpeg

Found these supplements on Amazon, there is a 0-46-0 formula available.
D66016E1-EBEC-41B7-8A55-A98849B53FE6.png

I double checked my feeding schedule and I’m feeding at 100% except for MC. And CalMagPro—my bottle says 1.8 gr/gallon right on it — now the website is saying 1.5 gr/gal. MOG, did you mention I could discontinue Diamond Nectar, maybe since the humic/fulvic acids are already in the MC2? I’m going to prepare a new reservoir for her running the values from the nutrient calculator, running EVERYTHING at 80%.

I’m going to recalibrate the meter for good measure, and peg the new res at 5.7. And I’d like to order some P, I can get it here by Tuesday. Spray the fuck out of her with Optic Foliar until then. Wish her well!

I have to get this resolved I’ve got seedlings hitting a res next week and I can’t fuck those up! :haha:

Last edited:
OK. She’s in her new res. PH is at 5.7.

5C21871B-F8C7-4B25-B8AB-10F6D08B9C1A.jpeg

Here is a breakdown of her reservoir:

20998DF9-5DF4-42C0-948A-56ED348E588B.jpeg

Watch and wait.:yeah:

Sending good Vibez your way, DG! By the way, I love your tracking spreadsheets. Excellent detail that will be great reference for you each grow!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Back