Indoor davisgirl does DWC in a crazy grow tent

Thanks for the ideas everyone, I’m working on all that now.

Id have to agree with the ziplocks for sure. Also cal mag deficiency already? Im sorry DG. But nothing new to you and you definitly know how to handle it. Are you running the MC 2.0 this grow or are you using something else?

Yes running MC 2.0 with full strength calmag. I’m sick of the whole calmag thing.

I know what will make me feel better...
81BDE721-778F-4BC0-AFF8-66D0FE3C12FA.jpeg

Thanks for the ideas everyone, I’m working on all that now.

Yes running MC 2.0 with full strength calmag. I’m sick of the whole calmag thing.
Hmmm. Im so curious what is different on your grow that is eating up calcium and magnesium? Im at day 20 with my flood and drain and ive poked a few others using the the new formula with and with out calmag supplment but your the first Ive seen it pop up on. I wonder if its the strains or maybe the grow medium?

Hmmm. Im so curious what is different on your grow that is eating up calcium and magnesium? Im at day 20 with my flood and drain and ive poked a few others using the the new formula with and with out calmag supplment but your the first Ive seen it pop up on. I wonder if its the strains or maybe the grow medium?
I think it’s the cobs in DWC. Struggled with calmag deficiency my entire first grow.

I got the same issue, using MC 2.0 and nearly killed all my plants cutting out the CalMag so I'm back to full strength, and the root issues are making it even worse. Same happened with all other nutrient lines I've used, Grotek, GH, anything. Severe and sudden CalMag that stunted the shit out of everything. Using two different LED brands, all hydroponics. Who knows but I got a gallon jug of CalMag I go through so much. I just add it with every nutrient change right from the start to the end.

Keep in mind this is photos, I'll see how the Auto's do in the AutoPots but I can't risk stunting them so I'll keep it up, especially with coco grow.

I think it’s the cobs in DWC. Struggled with calmag deficiency my entire first grow.

Same issue in DWC, last grow I started adding 1/4 tablespoon per gallon of epsom for more MG and happy with the results. I to was pushing massive amounts of Cal/mag but still getting red stems. Still using Max dose of Cal/mag with the epsom but much better this time and I might even try backing down on Cal/mag. I still use MC1 but I just felt like I had plenty of Calcium so it had to be MG. Epsom with normal. Cal/mg dose helped a lot. I didn’t want all that calcium to cause s lockout.
Just thoughts
:pass:

Same issue in DWC, last grow I started adding 1/4 tablespoon per gallon of epsom for more MG and happy with the results. I to was pushing massive amounts of Cal/mag but still getting red stems. Still using Max dose of Cal/mag with the epsom but much better this time and I might even try backing down on Cal/mag. I still use MC1 but I just felt like I had plenty of Calcium so it had to be MG. Epsom with normal. Cal/mg dose helped a lot. I didn’t want all that calcium to cause s lockout.
Just thoughts
:pass:
Thanks for the insight Fren ... I’m singing the calmag blues. I love my girls and they give me ugly leaves. New growers hear all the time “less is more” and “quarter strength” that I feel guilty feeding anything full strength. Not sure about hype either — she’s not “supposed” to need any calmag at all. She’s getting MC 2.0, and CalMagPro, and she’s still getting a deficiency? At 3 weeks? So I was going to give CalMagPro at 125% in her new reservoir today. But it’s worth a day or two delay to feed it at full strength along with the Epsom salts in today’s res change. Can I use the magnesium sulfate from a box at the store, maybe powder it down with a mortar and pestle? So many questions I know ... the most important one — I lump the calmag together, but I know they are 2 different things, is what you’re seeing more mag related? Thanks.

Back