New Grower Dale’s 2022 1st grow journal attempt

CoM Experiment Day 18
I moved the autopots to the big girl tent since there is plenty of room without the bubblegum queen in there. I'm gonna leave the CoM double grape in the 3x3 to give her plenty of until the others finish up.

IMG_4166.jpg

I decided to do minimal training on her and but instead gave her a haircut today :rofl: :pop:

IMG_4162.jpg
IMG_4163.jpg

Any opinions on watering practices for TLS? right now i've been doing 2-3l every 3-5 days with spray bottle in between when top is dry. i have had minimal runoff most of the time none. just wondering if i should be doing smaller amounts of water more often?:toke::pass:

Autopots Coco Day 23
It is the end of week 4 beginning of week 5.. so it was a good time to put the coco girls on the autopot system while also moving them to the big girl tent. so i gave them their first weekly mini flush (fergation to 30-50%runoff). I let them drain off real good and then turned on the autopots. not sure what's going on with the anvil in the front. she has been droopy since the last post. I thought it was over watering so i let her dry down a little the last two days and that didn't help so I am hoping she just wants more water.
IMG_4164.jpg

A lot happening to them today they got haircut too:rofl:

IMG_4172.jpg
IMG_4171.jpg

Except forum stomper she will get it in a couple days since she behind

IMG_4173.jpg

IMG_4165.jpg

Hey @Olderfart is this as full as the autopot should fill? i thought it would fill more. seems to work good i tested it with a syringe by sucking up water until it cycled.
IMG_4168.jpg
IMG_4167.jpg

It is the end of week 4 beginning of week 5.. so it was a good time to put the coco girls on the autopot system while also moving them to the big girl tent. so i gave them their first weekly mini flush (fergation to 30-50%runoff). I let them drain off real good and then turned on the autopots. not sure what's going on with the anvil in the front. she has been droopy since the last post. I thought it was over watering so i let her dry down a little the last two days and that didn't help so I am hoping she just wants more water.
View attachment 1424319
A lot happening to them today they got haircut too:rofl:

View attachment 1424330View attachment 1424331

Except forum stomper she will get it in a couple days since she behind

View attachment 1424332
View attachment 1424318

Hey @Olderfart is this as full as the autopot should fill? i thought it would fill more. seems to work good i tested it with a syringe by sucking up water until it cycled.
View attachment 1424320View attachment 1424321
Looks a bit deep to me, but as long as it cycles properly, you should be ok. Watch it carefully though, that water level could indicate an input valve that is not sealing properly.

If mine got that high, I would disassemble the valve, clean it (yeah l know they are likely clean already, but I’d do it anyway), and reassemble. When putting the inner silicone back in, I would use a different new silicone if I had one, and be super careful to make sure it is perfectly seated.

My valves stop filling just short of or at the top of the clamp ring on the input fitting.

Good luck with it, please let me know how you make out.:pighug:

Looks a bit deep to me, but as long as it cycles properly, you should be ok. Watch it carefully though, that water level could indicate an input valve that is not sealing properly.

If mine got that high, I would disassemble the valve, clean it (yeah l know they are likely clean already, but I’d do it anyway), and reassemble. When putting the inner silicone back in, I would use a different new silicone if I had one, and be super careful to make sure it is perfectly seated.

My valves stop filling just short of or at the top of the clamp ring on the input fitting.

Good luck with it, please let me know how you make out.:pighug:
Sounds good I have to get some extra silicone pieces. I have triple checked them. they seem to be seated all the way and parallel. I will update after couple weeks of running them. I just broke there virginity so time will tell.

Sounds good I have to get some extra silicone pieces. I have triple checked them. they seem to be seated all the way and parallel. I will update after couple weeks of running them. I just broke there virginity so time will tell.
The other small possibility is that the plastic seat against which the silicone presses has some sort of irregularity which requires more pressure to completely seal. The last thing on my list is that you should place and fully seat the valve assembly into the tray when it is dry or nearly so, not when the tray is full. Putting it in place in liquid can result in the inner float being partially filled with liquid due to the angle at which you inevitably tilt it during seating. Mind you, this could only affect water level during the initial fill, any water in the inner float should drain just before the tray re-fills.
Good luck. :pighug:

Good luck with it @Daledenton84, please let me know how the valve behaves after you work on it. As I mentioned, as long as it cycles between the top level and empty, you should be ok. The valves vary a bit in behaviour, so finding one that tops a bit higher than others is not entirely unexpected. :biggrin:

Good luck with it @Daledenton84, please let me know how the valve behaves after you work on it. As I mentioned, as long as it cycles between the top level and empty, you should be ok. The valves vary a bit in behaviour, so finding one that tops a bit higher than others is not entirely unexpected. :biggrin:
Hey @Olderfart, well after testing all of them the two in the pics were acting up. the one i had tested was working (not pics). when i tried sucking some of the water out of the other two (pics) they filled right back up. so i cleaned ALL and flipped seals around to get to a better sealing surface. there was a slight ring indention in silicone already from shipping. while i was reassembling i found that the T post that positions valve was not molded quite right. not allowing the valve housing to seat completely against BOTH bottom stops. so now ALL trays have been emptied cleaned and reassembled with fixed T post. so i am mixing up some new nutes now and will be filling the rez up shortly and seeing what's happens. just figured i'd give ya a update killing time while nutes are mixing. Hopefully those couple little things will have fixed the issue. will update again once valves have cycled on their own a few times assuming they work properly after all this:baked: :thanks: :toke: :pass:.

Hey @420Forever what are the details/ requirements needed in a journal to qualify for the cultivars club? What disqualifies a journal from be accepted in the club? I just want to make sure I am doing this right thank you in advance

Hey @420Forever what are the details/ requirements needed in a journal to qualify for the cultivars club? What disqualifies a journal from be accepted in the club? I just want to make sure I am doing this right thank you in advance

jus fully document the grow, from drop-to-dry weight, with a minimum of weekly updatez, in real time & that'z about it :thumbsup: when the time comez, be sure to tag me with final dry weight, with picz if possible, and i'll be able to get ur secret decoder ring for ya :smoking: oh, and jus friendly advice -> it helpz for the readerz to alwayz give strain info & age in each update ;) :goodluck: ppp

Back