New Grower Dale’s 2022 1st grow journal attempt

Day 7-12
Not much happening here but figured i put a update up since it's been almost a week.

I fergatated the coco girls to runoff 3 days ago. Pots still seem heavy so i figure i'll let it go a couple more days till i fergatate coco again. Hopefully to build up some nice roots. When i fergatated coco 3 days ago i did so with my week 3-5 solution diluted to 300 ppm ph 5.8. Next fergatation will be with 400 ppm and then to full strength 500-600 ppm(TDS factor .5).

CoM expirement i watered the 5 gal pot to full saturation pre planting (24-36hr) with RO water no phing (tested around 6.8-7ph). That took 4l to get very minimal runoff. After the seed was planted with .25"tail. I only used a spray bottle to keep top moist when the top of soil got dry (every couple days). Until the pot was light enough to water again. Which was three days ago. At which time I watered the entire pot 1l at a time very slowing (30 min between each liter) no closer then 3x the plants diameter. Until the pot was at full saturation. This took 3l and was a little to much as i got a little runoff again. next time only 2l when pot feels light enough. For now it's back to the spray bottle when top dries down again.

Now I know some of you may say I overwatered. But the plant didn't seem to mind at all and was happy the next day:shrug:. I am just trying to find the balance to keep my little hitchhikers happy and the plant happy.

Also over the last few days I have been increasing their light intensity. Once I hit 100% power I also changed them to 20/4. They have been at 100% and 20/4 for couple days now so i figure it was time to increase some more. I am trying to achieve 42 dli at the top of pot once first true leaves were about 1" long. I was at 38" from top of pot today until I lowered lights to 30" today. Using my Iphone 11 pro max with Photone app these are my reading as of now:
450 PPFD
33 DLI 20/4
25,400 lux
My DR.METER lux meter reading is: 23,500 lux

All measured from top of pot which is 30" from lights
This is using 2 Bestva 1000w(100w true watts) full spectrum leds
I will leave the lights there for a few days to see how they react and go forwarded from their.

Everyone seems pretty happy. As always all advice is welcome. I think that is all for now. :pass: .

P.S. From here all days in pics will be from sprout(above ground). + 4-5 days germination.

IMG_4056.jpg
IMG_4049.jpg
IMG_4052.jpg
IMG_4051.jpg
IMG_4050.jpg
IMG_4053.jpg
IMG_4054.jpg
IMG_4057.PNG

Attachments

• IMG_4050.jpg
    IMG_4050.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 22
Last edited:
Day 10-15 autopots&CoM
Just a quick update. Started fergatating coco to runnoff everyday the last couple days while also bringing their ppm up to full strength. Currently at 450ppm.

CoM experiment seems to be pretty happy finally it was time for her second good watering. It had been 5 days since I had watered her with 3l(too much I got runoff). Only using a spray bottle in between when topdried down. So I gave her 2l last night and got no runoff:woohoo1:.

also dropped lights a couple more inches will retest DLI tonight.
D03C7411-CBFD-4C54-BE33-CD2CF72B0418.jpeg
978399BC-2758-4A5F-A5C8-D0D7A4927316.jpeg

Last edited:
No problem. there is more coming your way @Olderfart same for you @Mañ'O'Green . i recently have figured out what the rep button is there for. i now realize that hitting the rep button does way more than just saying thank you. so i am trying to go back and give the rep that is deserved to the people that have helped me along the way. just hope i don't upset the admins for throwing rep around to much.

p.s. i didn't want to clog up the other thread so i put this in my 1st journal

Looks like you got it pretty well figured out. They look nice and healthy!
:rofl:. thank you i lurked for awhile before i started a journal. looks to be the best start for me yet :yay:. now lets see if i can keep it that way.

Got my digital microscope today. just in time for bubblegum queen to get chopped:tang:. here's a few pic's of her again. Day 109 from sprout
View attachment 1421980View attachment 1421981View attachment 1421982View attachment 1421983View attachment 1421984

What do you guys think ready for chop tomorrow?
The right time is subjective in my opinion, it's a matter of preference! I like a good couch lock stone myself, so I like to see a majority of amber before harvest. Plus it allows for the lower buddage to cloudy up before chopping, since I don't care to harvest in stages. :peace: :pass:

The right time is subjective in my opinion, it's a matter of preference! I like a good couch lock stone myself, so I like to see a majority of amber before harvest. Plus it allows for the lower buddage to cloudy up before chopping, since I don't care to harvest in stages. :peace: :pass:
Oh i know it's matter of opinion :rofl:. thanks for your input. i wanna chop but the pics are saying wait:crying::crying:. those are from various locations also not all main cola

CoM Experiment Day 13-14
Update time. CoM Experiment Day 13-14 yesterday was water day and also somewhere around week 3. beginning middle end however you wanna look at it:shrug:. so it was time for the first top dress of CoM plant food 5-2-4 1/4 cup for my 5 gal pot.

Yesterday:
IMG_4109.jpg
IMG_4110.jpg

Today:
IMG_4125.jpg
IMG_4134.jpg

Back