Extraction Dab press the easy way

What do you think about the debate on dry, cure, press or dry, press when it comes to pressing rosin. On dry ice they are saying no need to cure. but i thought weed changed as you cure it get a better taste and smell. so in the end the rosin taste better and smells. any thoughts.
:laptop:
I think a cure is better, but like everything else depends on the strain. But on average I would say do a cure. I'm not sure if rosin cures or not. I press for what I need and make fresh so not around for long to cure lol.

In the 2 by 4 how much do you put in and how hard do you press. Ordered one and it’s on the way. Without heat can you press to hard. Flower/ kief how many grams are your pucks before pressing with heat. Any thoughts on dry sifting and making two runs. Kief then green? Or just leave it all together? Waiting for toys to show up and already trying to overthink every aspect.
I dont weight it out normally sorry. I kinda fill it up for what I need it for. If i just need some press what out. If i got a full jar I'll do more. If I'm doing a gummy run ill fill as much as I can but to big of puck and will come out the side when pressing. I don't use bags but would like to try again. That would keep in plate. I stand on mine and I'm like 150lbs so... that much lol. Dont do dry sift, I do have a can with screen to shake but it's kinda cheap. If I can get some dry ice ever I will do it with that. Tried bubble hash but a lot of work for not much yield so not something I do much. I got a mini laundry machine off Ebay for like $50 so gave a shot my 25micron bag wouldnt drain took hrs so didnt do again. I can revisit that at a later date.

If you have a torch you can heat anything metal and press rosin out. I don't think you can do presses without heat. @Frenjamin Banklin

Last edited:
he said he order a press and wanted to press it cold with no heat. I don't think it works that way. oh it quoted the wrong person my bad. @Mcdee

I was probably babbling,
I was curious how folks were loading there pre press and how they were pressing the pre press. I know we need heat to extract the rosin. I don’t want to throw 50g of kief in the pre press mold if others are using 20g. And I definitely don’t want to make a mess of or ruin the pre press by using to much pressure. I thought my order of plates and power would be here today but sadly it wasn’t. I have s huge party and relatives next week so the fabrication will start in two weeks. I have a 20ton and lots of metal so the designing and welding will begin in a few weeks. Until then QWET will have to be enough to keep me playing around with extraction.

Is this the rosin lovers thread? :d5::bighug::smoking:

Attachments

• 20191011_112518.jpg
    20191011_112518.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 52
  • 20191011_112403.jpg
    20191011_112403.jpg
    130.6 KB · Views: 49
Back