Extraction Dab press the easy way

So, if I took a couple of one inch thick pieces of mild steel and milled them dead ass flat on one side - could I chuck them in the oven to heat them up and then use my A-frame shop press to press rosin?

So, if I took a couple of one inch thick pieces of mild steel and milled them dead ass flat on one side - could I chuck them in the oven to heat them up and then use my A-frame shop press to press rosin?
I guess you could, but not as good. The plates would lose heat once taken away from heat source so would depend how well or how long they retained thier heat. I use an A-frame press from Harbor Freight 6ton. Works great, I got my plate kit off eaby for 249.99 so all you need is a plate kit. If you like rosin then it's well worth the investment. The quality of rosin I make compared to the stuff with a hair straightener is night and day. Your idea should yield rosin just not sure how well it would work tho. Test it out let us know, sometimes the best way to find out is to do it lol.

20191002_221838.jpg

As someone new to the pressing thing I would have thought the same. Now I’ve seen that the pressing happens not just with the pressure but the heat. But not instantly. I think by the time your puck got up to the temperature to start oozing your plates would be getting cold. Just a guess but it usually takes up to a minute to start to good stuff flowing. Then while your heating your plates back up the puck would cool and so forth.

But it’s always worth experimenting.

:vibes:

Back