Status
Not open for further replies.
For all the different 2700k, 3000k, 3500k, 4000k, 6500k light spectrums it can get quite confusing. From all I've read 3500k seems to be great for grow/bloom so that's what I'm going with in my setup.
The 4000 has a a more blue spectrum for enhanced vegetation growth and the 6500 helps produce more resins and great for the veg/bloom stages. 3500 is great for veg/bloom

For all the different 2700k, 3000k, 3500k, 4000k, 6500k light spectrums it can get quite confusing. From all I've read 3500k seems to be great for grow/bloom so that's what I'm going with in my setup.

From all the reading, research, debatimg, 3500K is the more ideal spectrum since it's closer to actual daylight.. If you can get a couple different ones across the spectrum, then you can optimize your light.. I run the HPS, 2 AutoCOBs (1-3500K, 1-4100K), and a 6-COB panel, all 3500K.. when I can afford to out together a UVA/B light, then I may ditch the HPS, although I kinda need the heat from the HPS in the winter when my basement can get down into the low 50F's.. I have heat mats, but try to avoid using them except for when lights are off..

I just know I need something to get me through the study of it I’m still learning so I don’t need to spend 1000s on light just yet lol but while I’m learning I want a system that’s been proven to work which is why I’ve decided on the autocob. Im sure I’ll get more in depth and debt lol but this is all in all a fun learning experience.

The 4000 has a a more blue spectrum for enhanced vegetation growth and the 6500 helps produce more resins and great for the veg/bloom stages. 3500 is great for veg/bloom

Ideally you could have an array of each.
...stoned gibberish coming...
...you could gradually change the mixture of light, kind of mimicking nature in a way....

(minutes later) OK- that was an expansive mind trip...

But really, the possibilities of such a compact and efficient light source, is nearly endless!

@Kneehigh85
Random stoner thoughts for your lighting quest.
I think you said your cabinet was 4" tall. If so I think autocobs may be a little intense in that space.I am thinking your canopy will eventually be around 2" high so that only leaves around 2" headroom for your light which can be done but for your situation quantam boards or the samsung strips with the same 261 led's may be a better choice. Lower powered led's but with a better spread.

@Kneehigh85
Random stoner thoughts for your lighting quest.
I think you said your cabinet was 4" tall. If so I think autocobs may be a little intense in that space.I am thinking your canopy will eventually be around 2" high so that only leaves around 2" headroom for your light which can be done but for your situation quantam boards or the samsung strips with the same 261 led's may be a better choice. Lower powered led's but with a better spread.
And see that’s the other thing was the intensity of the light in a cabinet that short as opposed to those with 6ft and 8ft ceiling heights.

cheers 4tokin! Mine works real good in high wind, starts making decent power about 15 mph, smoking pretty good at 20 mph, really rips above that. Mine achieves nowhere near the power it's rated at. It's speced out for a 65' tower, I'm pretty sure it would reach advertized performance with a tower that tall. My tower is 20' tall, and even though it's sitting on the edge of tundra, no trees in the way, close proximity to the deck still creates turbulence which interferes with output.
Check out Missouri Wind and Solar, my go to for wind and solar stuff. If you are a DIY guy you'll love this site.

MWS has some cool stuff and the pricing looks good. Time for some research. A 1kw unit would supplement the solar panels at nights and on crappy days.

CE02C4B6-EF56-4CF8-B8BB-3F22ABA28B89.png
With a 4" high cabinet 55w cob's will need dimming, then you loose the light footprint.
So this is more what I’m looking at then until I can afford a new tent.

From all the reading, research, debatimg, 3500K is the more ideal spectrum since it's closer to actual daylight.. If you can get a couple different ones across the spectrum, then you can optimize your light.. I run the HPS, 2 AutoCOBs (1-3500K, 1-4100K), and a 6-COB panel, all 3500K.. when I can afford to out together a UVA/B light, then I may ditch the HPS, although I kinda need the heat from the HPS in the winter when my basement can get down into the low 50F's.. I have heat mats, but try to avoid using them except for when lights are off..

I suppose you could keep your HPS to kill 2 buirds during winter, then let COB save your elec bill the rest of the year.

..unless its cheaper to heat the room and run cobs...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back