Status
Not open for further replies.
pumpkin13.jpg

Well all it's been a long day for me and back pain is creeping up since being in the truck all day. But I'm glad to have my daughter home for the weekend from college. Catch you all later on tomorrow.

View attachment 815961
So this is more what I’m looking at then until I can afford a new tent.

185w at the wall should fit the space you have.
I am now hooked on cob's, they are just to easy and the light output is insane. I am going to dump all of my HID gear.

Or this guy.
185w at the wall should fit the space you have.
I am now hooked on cob's, they are just to easy and the light output is insane. I am going to dump all of my HID gear.
only thing I’m scared of is burn because even if I keep my plant 2 ft tall ones in a 3 gallon planter and the other is in 5 gallon bucket I drilled out for drainage. I’m considering taking out the ceiling to be able to hang from my ceiling without risk of burn like I don’t wanna risk it and I’m not to keen on lining it with a bunch of cfls.

Or this guy.

only thing I’m scared of is burn because even if I keep my plant 2 ft tall ones in a 3 gallon planter and the other is in 5 gallon bucket I drilled out for drainage. I’m considering taking out the ceiling to be able to hang from my ceiling without risk of burn like I don’t wanna risk it and I’m not to keen on lining it with a bunch of cfls.

Thats why I suggested quantam boards. They are so thin and can be dimmed.
LST is your friend. Tie them bitches down. For pots you will need short and fat.

:pass:

Great, thanks for the clarification Feenix!

So 165 watts draw for 6 plants- that's good compared to 3-4 plants under my 210 watts of LED.

2 of these COBS would nicely power a 60x60cm tent using half the electricity. 3 of them would allow me to "spotlight" some of the lower growth.

That's what I figured about the calmag.

I would love to get rid of the fan noise- how hot do they get?

I live in a house where you could hang meat. Average ambient temp is always 69-70. A/C always cranked down to accommodate the majority. The only fan I run in the grow is a small one to keep the girls dancing.
Right now the temp in the grow is 70F. with all 3 cobs on. Lately, the A/C has been freezing up in the afternoons with high RH. (Needs a good service when it cools outside.) When froze up. the grow will jump to the same temp as the rest of the house, 80-84F.for the short time it takes to thaw. Watching this, I have to conclude that the cobs have very little influence on the temps. That is in an area always open to the adjoining room and allowed to breath. Sealed up tight it would probably be higher and based on the size of the exhaust, which I don't have, opting for an ionizer instead for odor control.
One thing I notice is that the cold temp seems to effect peripheral trichome production They are not as prevalent on the outer leaves that protrude from the buds as I see others with better temp and RH control , although my buds are saturated just fine. It suggests to me that the plants don't feel threatened enough to boost their defenses. I think I'll break out the old UVB light and use it on one of the Gorilla Glues for the last couple weeks and see if there is a difference where it counts.

Last edited:
One of our members @Feenix just had a grow with three of the - 55w 3500k Autocobs that grew the 6 plants and I believe that was in a 4ftx4ft tent

Not even a tent. Just a rectangular space wrapped in hanging mylar.. Keeping It Simple in just under.approx. 3'x7'x6'H. I'm maxed at just under the power use level that would draw attention or I would add 1 more Autocob and do 10 plants.

Good Morning Stoner's
Thanks @Feenix for the reminder about DMSO . We used it on the race track to reduce inflammation in young horses who had bucked shin. I had forgotten about it and never thought that it could be used on humans . After 2 years of pain I'm sure the landlady is ready to try anything . :thumbsup:

Last edited:
I suppose you could keep your HPS to kill 2 buirds during winter, then let COB save your elec bill the rest of the year.

..unless its cheaper to heat the room and run cobs...

So, I had actually considered routing flexible piping from one of the floor registers to the grow with a 1-way flapper so that when heat kicked on, the grow area would be re-routed back into itself and when the heat kicked back off, the flapper would open and my exhaust fans would continue dumping air from the grow.. Kinda lost interest when I started looking at special adapters for all of the piping and also knowing that the room was originally intended as cold storage, and the extra square footage could throw off the rest of the house's heat..

I actually wanted to vent the grow area into the house's HVAC all year round but I started using CO2 supplementation, so I now pipe everything back into the room..

Also, I have one of my small clip fans aimed up towards the AutoCOBs, and they are definitely not hot to the touch so the heat sinks are doing their jobs.. It's an option of you are having temp isses..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back