Status
Not open for further replies.
I grew photo plants since the late eighties I loved growing photos but something about autos that just keeps me growing them. Everyone I know that grows grows photos I like being different. I love bringing out a auto and knocking photo smokers on there arse and then they give you that is no auto I just go yea I was messing with you I have no time to try and argue with them mind you that has only happened a few times but it has. If anyone like I did tried a first gen lowryder you would have been unimpressed to say the least. But when I tried a sweet seed that was given to me as freebie I have never looked back since 2014 autos all the way from then until now.

When I ran out last time, I was getting folks stopping by to burn one and leave me a little stash. All of it was the same strains we are growing as autos. It was good smoke but none of it was better than my autos. I scoped every one and found very little mature amber. If they didn't skimp on the cure, it would have been great weed.

Edit: Speaking of names. What have you guys done with Frank The Tank?

I will never stop growing autos now that I’m learning their system. But I do want to grow monster photos during season so I can be on stock while I wait for the next season but I’ll also grow autos right along with it to keep a supply until my photos ready. Then grow more autos until the next season, I never wanna run out or have a reason why I should run out I wanna stay heavily supplied.
That's the spirit my man you keep up that positive attitude and you will be able to hit the bong all day long.

Isn’t this some shit. So I’ve been doing my research on led lights and I’m seeing that the lights actually only put out what they take in or I may be reading that wrong. But for this instance I decided to look at 3 lights at different wattages. [HASHTAG]#1[/HASHTAG]. Viparspectra 450w actual draw is 200w [HASHTAG]#2[/HASHTAG]. Kingbo 600w actual draw 240w [HASHTAG]#3[/HASHTAG]. King plus 1000w actual draw 185w. So if from what I read is the case then the kingbo is my better option of the 3. Not stating that’s what I’m buying per say but of the 3 it has a higher draw.

BBjT3ew.jpg

Isn’t this some shit. So I’ve been doing my research on led lights and I’m seeing that the lights actually only put out what they take in or I may be reading that wrong. But for this instance I decided to look at 3 lights at different wattages. [HASHTAG]#1[/HASHTAG]. Viparspectra 450w actual draw is 200w [HASHTAG]#2[/HASHTAG]. Kingbo 600w actual draw 240w [HASHTAG]#3[/HASHTAG]. King plus 1000w actual draw 185w. So if from what I read is the case then the kingbo is my better option of the 3. Not stating that’s what I’m buying per say but of the 3 it has a higher draw.

Unfortunately, it gets even more complicated than that because efficiency also has to factor in. If the one drawing 200W is running at a much higher efficiency than the one drawing 240W, then it may be the better choice. If for example the 200W is running at 60% efficiency to where it's converting 120W to actual light and 80W to heat, and the 240W is running at say 50% converting 120W to light and 120W to heat. In that scenario you'd be better off with the lower wattage with better efficiency. I don't think the manufactures usually include the efficiency numbers, unfortunately. Have to know the chips used, specs on 'em, wattage their running the LED's at, etc...etc...etc...

Fun stuff to try and sort it all out. Almost felt in the end to me when I bought my Platinum's that I just had to pick the one I liked and take a bit of a leap of faith that I'm getting the right choice. :jointman:

Th
Unfortunately, it gets even more complicated than that because efficiency also has to factor in. If the one drawing 200W is running at a much higher efficiency than the one drawing 240W, then it may be the better choice. If for example the 200W is running at 60% efficiency to where it's converting 120W to actual light and 80W to heat, and the 240W is running at say 50% converting 120W to light and 120W to heat. In that scenario you'd be better off with the lower wattage with better efficiency. I don't think the manufactures usually include the efficiency numbers, unfortunately. Have to know the chips used, specs on 'em, wattage their running the LED's at, etc...etc...etc...

Fun stuff to try and sort it all out. Almost felt in the end to me when I bought my Platinum's that I just had to pick the one I liked and take a bit of a leap of faith that I'm getting the right choice. :jointman:
That’s about where I’m at with it! Light shopping is worse than shoe shopping you wanna get something that’s efficient and the right fit to your needs then you see something fancy and you get the case of the oooos and ahhhs so then you’re at the flip of a coin to fit your financial budget but you don’t wanna leave anything going wrong or not being up to standard by leaving it to chance.

Ask away. Let me clarify.
That's 3 - 55w 3500k Autocobs that grew the 6 plants shown. This run, currently 7 plants will soon be 8.plants under the same 3 COBs.. ..I expect the need for more cal mag so I add it automatically from day one and have had no real issues.

Great, thanks for the clarification Feenix!

So 165 watts draw for 6 plants- that's good compared to 3-4 plants under my 210 watts of LED.

2 of these COBS would nicely power a 60x60cm tent using half the electricity. 3 of them would allow me to "spotlight" some of the lower growth.

That's what I figured about the calmag.

I would love to get rid of the fan noise- how hot do they get?

That's Crazy stuff!!

Great, thanks for the clarification Feenix!

So 165 watts draw for 6 plants- that's good compared to 3-4 plants under my 210 watts of LED.

2 of these COBS would nicely power a 60x60cm tent using half the electricity. 3 of them would allow me to "spotlight" some of the lower growth.

That's what I figured about the calmag.

I would love to get rid of the fan noise- how hot do they get?
Not trying to but en but I have same 55w Autocob 2 of them and I don't notice much Heat difference, my led 300wat was keeping my heat at 83-85 in my room when I switched to cobs it nows stays consistent 80-78 couple time 83 but the local weather was brutal to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back