Status
Not open for further replies.
zinecollectionvariarse_zps3075ff9d.jpg

I wasn't a skater but back in the 80's my brother was a couple of these zines were made by him!
That is so so COOL is your brother still an adrenaline junkie like me lol.

Hey TB my rh is at 66% and I don't even worry about it . I'm in a tent 55 x 28 x 72 in. x 400 watt cobs . no problems .
i do try to keep mine within limits but i dont worry about it too much. have to say though i have noticed when everythings sitting sweet on the vpd scale i do see better growth.

I've tried not to worry as the plants seem fine , I've just put the temp and humidity meter in under the leaves resting on 2 pots I'm hoping that will help, I was getting readings of up to 70℅ , not often but worrying at that level at the stage am at, thanks for your input mate
This is only a rule of thumb but RH for veg is considered to be around 60%RH in flower this should drop to around 40%RH.
Personally I don't worry about this but I alway keep an eye on RH, it never goes above 60%RH
Ways to reduce RH are to use a dehumidifier or increase extraction with a larger fan and also make sure that the negative pressure inside the cab isn't too high.
If the negative pressure is too high it could be because the intake is not supplying enough fresh air and the extractor is trying to pull new air in against this pressure and it will put strain on your extractor fan.
some fan speed controllers will have humidity assist which will ramp up fan speed by 20% to help lower RH and then slow down again once the ideal RH is reached.
An example of this is the Progrow Multi-Fan Controller, which is on my Christmas list!
I also run 24/7 as Fairly new mentioned this keeps a stable environment, which is useful for a couple of reasons, when a plant is in stretch mode the higher the difference in lights on temps and lights off temps the more stretch you will get.
High humidity combined with high temps can also cause etiolation, which is stretching of the stem, similar to the stretch plants get when not receiving enough light.
A cold wall when lights go off can lead to condensation forming on the walls as the moisture in the air forms drops of water on the surface of the wall, which can lead to powdery mildew, botrytis etc . some fan speed controllers have a setting for lights off and will continue to run the fans on a higher speed for an hour, so to avoid these condensation problem.

Last edited:
That is so so COOL is your brother still an adrenaline junkie like me lol.
He was never off his board, he was on a skateboard test team and would always be getting new gear to try.
These days he no longer skates messed his knees up too much, these day he is heavily into martial arts and gets his kicks that way!
I just grow the weed lmao we both love to vape our lungs aint what they used to be!

This is only a rule of thumb but RH for veg is considered to be around 60%RH in flower this should drop to around 40%RH.
Personally I don't worry about this but I alway keep an eye on RH, it never goes above 60%RH
Ways to reduce RH are to use a dehumidifier or increase extraction with a larger fan and also make sure that the negative pressure inside the cab isn't too high.
If the negative pressure is too high it could be because the intake is not supplying enough fresh air and the extractor is trying to pull new air in against this pressure and it will put strain on your extractor fan.
some fan speed controllers will have humidity assist which will ramp up fan speed by 20% to help lower RH and then slow down again once the ideal RH is reached.
An example of this is the Progrow Multi-Fan Controller, which is on my Christmas list!
I also run 24/7 as Fairly new mentioned this keeps a stable environment, which is useful for a couple of reasons, when a plant is in stretch mode the higher the difference in lights on temps and lights off temps .
High humidity combined with high temps can also cause etiolation, which is stretching of the stem, similar to the stretch plants get when not receiving enough light.
A cold wall when lights go off can lead to condensation forming on the walls as the moisture in the air forms drops of water on the surface of the wall, which can lead to powdery mildew, botrytis etc . some fan speed controllers have a setting for lights off and will continue to run the fans on a higher speed for an hour, so to avoid these condensation problem.
I just blew the fuse on my intake controller after three years I off to the store to get a fuse. That is very well put and very informative too. My man arty zan

What's.up.Hope all is growing well for everyone I've got 3 autos 2 of them are 11 days old and one is 4 days.old..If theses don't have any size to them I think I'll be done with autos.

Sent from my H1611 using Tapatalk
mine were still only 3" tall seedlings at day 20 last time and averaged 5.5oz. just wait till they find their feeting mate and youll see what they can do. have you checked what size the companies say to expect? i got a tiddler this run that untrimmed and stalky was only 2oz but my other ones on for 20+ hopefully. just depends how big the strain is : )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back