Status
Not open for further replies.
He says because it's habit and ritual. In the 20th century due to prohibition growers used the method to avoid getting getting caught. Since now it's legalized, for some of us they've developed better ways to go about it. I'm at work now, when I get back to the house, I can grab the book and give you better information from it. That's just the little I remember reading.
i might have missed it are you talking about ed rosenthals growers handbook or another book? i've got that on my kindle been meaning to give it a read.

appreciate your honesty mate, i can get the one you linked on amazon but its like gonna cost me over $100 USD to get it shipped here lol. i dont mind being a guinea pig i might as well give it a go and report back!
i think a lot of people don't realize how close you have to get them to get a good focus. I literally push the scope into the buds and let the branch tension hold it there.
Good luck i am sure it will be better than a kick in the stones!

what are people using before boveda came along? they seem ridiculously expensive for what they are, hard to get them down here in AU i can only seem to find the big packets. also might as well start the discussion lol 58% or 62%? or another %?
It's more of a safety net in my opinion. I use them. Of course there was a time when I didn't though, and you just have to be careful about drying them before jarring, and burping them. He brings them up also. Says their good for rehydrating bud but not curing.

No I've got that one though. This is the one that just came out in July or August called Harvest.
oh nice will have to check it out, i found reading some of these older books its alot of info i had already found floating around or just some of it was flat out wrong, also hard to see what is useful info to use for autos etc. i reckon the AFN gurus should get together and write up a book lol

appreciate your honesty mate, i can get the one you linked on amazon but its like gonna cost me over $100 USD to get it shipped here lol. i dont mind being a guinea pig i might as well give it a go and report back!
Check out DHGATE most of these things come from China and their closer and cheaper . Don't sell the Chinese short . their getting better everyday . Remember the first Japanese made Toyota's !! or maybe your too young . They were garbage , cant say that anymore . Their the top car manufacturer in the world now and Ford , G.M. and Chrysler are not laughing anymore . :biggrin:

burp once a week jar gets fresh air/oxygen.at 62% with boveda moisture can only go down not up in the jar,so mould etc.will not/cannot happen.
:pighug:

I always thought the Boveda packs could absorb and emit moisture?? I swear I had read a thread somewhere that someone had put their bud in the jar a bit too moist and it ended up rupturing the pack.. I've been using them for a while and they work well!! I keep them in a sealed jar if I'm not using them and they can be recharged!! It's not too difficult either, so I think it's worth the money.. I will say though, I've noticed a much better terpene profile when the buds are in the 50%-range..

harvest its follow up to beyond buds i think,i got that one.
if you put not quite dried buds in a jar and dont open the lid for a month,what he said is exactly what will happen.
but if the dry and moisture stable at 62% ish then honkey dorry.
:pighug:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back