Status
Not open for further replies.
Just an old stoner/grower with 2 cents on transplanting...

It works fine...

Now the problem.

I, am a stoner. I regularly pull stoner moves, mutch to everybody else's entertainment... starting a seed with the intention of transplanting, is like scheduling a stoner move! It may not happen this time, but I know adding a step of handling that could be avioded, will cost me at some point.

works well... for me.

Do you cut the bottom off. Then slide it out when you think the roots are at Max for the cup. Kinda dig that idea.

I don't cut the bottoms off the cups. I drill a bunch of little holes for drainage in the one I actually fill with soil and start the seed in, but leave the bottoms mostly intact. I'm using the mini-Solo's, so pretty small. A week after they sprout is the usual time I'll transplant. I've heard of folks useing the leaves and when they get about as wide as the pot (cup) as an indication. Usually with a week in the books with the ones I've started, I can see a nice tap starting to snake around the bottom of the cup a little when I do the transplant. But don't have any real way to observe before doing the transplant.

What's it take to start getting badges on this site? Been on here for awhile now... I have posted 3 grows and 2 smoke reports and nothing!
gotta speak to @ rebel for those mate. link her proof of what you’ve done and the badges that you request will come flying in. while we’re at it actually. @Rebel do we have a
“badge whore” badge yet?
i certainly feel this guy should get one :thumbsup: but not before my own personal badge-whoreness has been sorted out lol xx

To be honest, I'm not even really sure why I start the seeds in a cup the last few grows and not just right in the soil. When I was doing a TLO soil with tons-o-nutrients it was so that I had a more neutral starter medium to not over feed the seedlings. But with going back to more straight soil and then feeding them nutrients plans for the next grow(s), I don't even know that I'll use a starter cup. No real need to stress the plant with a transplant in that case. :smoking:

Dusting off extension tubes...a few quick practice shots..will share more later when I get my macro rails up..
DSC_0010.jpg
DSC_0021.jpg
DSC_0028.jpg

The reason transplants have a bad rep is not the act of the transplant. Its reports from folks that either ill time their transplant, or execute the transplant poorly. I avoid the chance at either using the above.

Just got mammoth p on board for my next grow! They’re sending me some gear and mammoth p to publish in my photo ops with my next grow! They’re not sponsoring me it’s more like a promotional collaboration so to speak!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back