Status
Not open for further replies.
Just for clarification, you mean "DE-humidifier" or "humidifier", because I've got some answers for both..

I am gonna watch the video in a second, but learned a bit about vapor pressures back in my college days, and it truly does make a difference when growing.. During the spring/summer, my plants seem to be a little more full and the leaves a little more resilient.. During the winters, it's a struggle to keep RH up, but I use a high-volume humidifier, placed on the opposite side of my scrubbers, so the scrubbers pull the moisture across the room, same w/ my CO2 bags.. The humidifier I have would fit in most places and has a tank that is roughly 1.5gals.. For me, on a medium setting, it lasts about a day or so, so even if it doesn't need it, I'll top it off in the morning when I'm down checking out everything.. I've seen a lot of the small, "cool-mist" generators and they work, but the refill rate is ridiculous!!

The inverse is true for the Summers though.. I have to run my large-scale dehumidifier to maintain 55% RH for my basement, as there are some drawbacks to running dehumidifiers.. First off, they are just like running an AC; lots of power draw, even from the "Energy-efficient" models.. I am still emptying the 1.3gal tank AT LEAST once a day, which means this thing is cycling on and off, ALL day.. Sorta hurts the energy bill, but without it, my basement sits at a balmy 80%-ish RH, so no good for flowering..

An idea I had, that worked kinda well, but required some equipment that not everyone has, is to basically set-up a small plastic tote w/ an air pump and a couple airstones in there.. Fill it with water, and run the airstones full speed.. The bubbling and churning of the water will moisten the air a bit, as I had a similar issue when I did hydro and my res. wasn't always sealed tightly and I had several airstones in there.. Definitely worth a shot if you already have the gear around, and it's cheaper than buying a humidifier..

During the Winters, I try to keep my grow in the 40% range, and they do well.. Some strains/phenos responded differently, but for the most part, I'd see a little canoeing of the leaves, sometimes spotting or unusual leaf growth.. If they were still not quite in full flower, I'd mist them every morning to see if it helped, and sometimes it did..

:slap:

My Man! that is good advice. I have several parts of that going. I also have a DE-H for my basement, and it's keeping at 50. I am lucky though to have a direct drain available. In the grow room I only have trouble when its rainy or foggy outside. I put a passive DE-H in there that has desiccant "crystals" in it and plugs in to heat up and dry off every other week or so. It sits inside the canopy. I did leave plenty of space for humidity to escape the rez though. I need to look at that.

I recently got a humidistat controller and a temp controller. I'm about to make a new grow room and this time it will be set up more carefully.

good morning everyone! We introduced ourselves but one of us is bored and is awake. We are growing in a shotglass for fun. One of us has growing experience both photo and auto, and the other is a newbie. We wanted to do something micro that way we could keep it hidden and not smell too much while we are growing it without a carbon filter... we want 1 single joint to be rollable from it.

I'd use a solo cup:pass::coffee:

I'd use a solo cup:pass::coffee:
that was a thought, but we found a very suiting shot glass to try it in. We figure this is just our fun grow, the one of us is just looking to show the other what it looks like to have a plant growing. even if it is a small one... we may decided to transplant it to the solo cup (using the shot glass as a rooting method). We know they shouldnt be transplanted but we dont care about stunting the growth.
Any tips for us are appreciated! :bighug:

that was a thought, but we found a very suiting shot glass to try it in. We figure this is just our fun grow, the one of us is just looking to show the other what it looks like to have a plant growing. even if it is a small one... we may decided to transplant it to the solo cup (using the shot glass as a rooting method). We know they shouldnt be transplanted but we dont care about stunting the growth.
Any tips for us are appreciated! :bighug:

Water management in a shot glass is going to kick your ass. In our solo cup challenge several people about quit due to having to water so frequently.

Water management in a shot glass is going to kick your ass. In our solo cup challenge several people about quit due to having to water so frequently.
one thought we had was creating a simple drip irrigation system that slowly drips about one drop per every 10-15 minutes which would allow it to stay wet without being given to root rot. but yes, the one of us thinks this is going to end up going in to a 2 litre bottle before too long.

Happy Saturday!

_IGP0989.JPG

one thought we had was creating a simple drip irrigation system that slowly drips about one drop per every 10-15 minutes which would allow it to stay wet without being given to root rot. but yes, the one of us thinks this is going to end up going in to a 2 litre bottle before too long.

I used my hydro rez, and three cups with varying holes or slots to keep the water up from drip lines. Basically an ebb and flow with solo cups. The roots completely filled the cup with no rot. If I remember correctly it was full 15 minutes per hour.

_AWW0186.JPG

_IGP0562.JPG

Attachments

• _AWW0134.JPG
    _AWW0134.JPG
    108.3 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:
Very good picture Nature is really beautiful you take awesome pics ✌️✌️

Thank you brotha! :)

Spend so much time hiking, love it soo much, keeps me sane in this ridiculous world. My phones littered with ID guides, I'll usually spend a whole day out in the middle of nowhere, seeing what's out there, learning; nature's the ultimate teacher' as they say. Funny thing it's one of the few times where I'm happy - out there by myself miles out. Need to start looking into some acreage. :D

Thank you brotha! :)

Spend so much time hiking, love it soo much, keeps me sane in this ridiculous world. My phones littered with ID guides, I'll usually spend a whole day out in the middle of nowhere, seeing what's out there, learning; nature's the ultimate teacher' as they say. Funny thing it's one of the few times where I'm happy - out there by myself miles out. Need to start looking into some acreage. :D
I'm right there with you I don't get to go as much this last couple years due to health but I'm back now I normally take drives on old back wood roads I can sit and listen and look at Nature all day I'm like you I think it's the only time I have peace and feel normal. Keep sharing bro it gives me eyes in places I would probably never get to see in person ✌️✌️✌️

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back